• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October/November SNA & SNFO Boards

mike23!

I am going to be one of those people whose LORs and other variables have to sway the board to select me with only a 6/6/6. Fortunately I have seen applicants get SNA with 6/6/6 so I know I have a chance.
If it makes you feel better, I am jealous of your scores.....

CCTXNATIVE

Just a question...does a Pro-Rec Y pretty much mean that you're accepted to OCS? Or is there anything else to get "acceptance" after this? Supposing SF86 and medical goes through (but if I passed the first flight physical, why wouldn't I pass this one?).

Lancerr1

It means you're cleared for OCS, but not necessarily for flight school. You'll need to pass another physical to be qualified for flight school. If you're not, you'll probably be given another job. I say probably because they don't guarantee that. The other alternative is they drop you from the program.

MikeMillerUK

Nearing the end of Primary
Contributor
Just a question...does a Pro-Rec Y pretty much mean that you're accepted to OCS? Or is there anything else to get "acceptance" after this? Supposing SF86 and medical goes through (but if I passed the first flight physical, why wouldn't I pass this one?).
Basically what Lancerr1 said. Your MEPS physical was not a flight physical, it was an "is-this-person-medically-qualified-to-serve-in-the-military-and-are-they-basically-qualified-(vision, mostly)-to-be-a-pilot" physical. Pro-Y means your stats are good enough to get in, and you will be in as long as you can get a clearance and pass medical and XYZ on your end of things. Most people who get Pro-Y are good to go. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

CCTXNATIVE

Basically what Lancerr1 said. Your MEPS physical was not a flight physical, it was an "is-this-person-medically-qualified-to-serve-in-the-military-and-are-they-basically-qualified-(vision, mostly)-to-be-a-pilot" physical. Pro-Y means your stats are good enough to get in, and you will be in as long as you can get a clearance and pass medical and XYZ on your end of things. Most people who get Pro-Y are good to go. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I had a full flight physical done at Andrews AFB...it started as a standard commissioning physical, but my recruiter decided to go ahead and have them do a flight physical and submit with that. I'm certain it was a flight physical because I had to fill out an entirely new and slightly different packet when they switched it over... Will that speed up my FINSEL?

Chris_Clark

Advanced E2/C2
Contributor
I had a full flight physical done at Andrews AFB...it started as a standard commissioning physical, but my recruiter decided to go ahead and have them do a flight physical and submit with that. I'm certain it was a flight physical because I had to fill out an entirely new and slightly different packet when they switched it over... Will that speed up my FINSEL?
Doubt it. I'm not a processor or an OR but I would say it has more to do with the amount of people in front of you.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
I am glad that this board is only TWO DAYS away. I have been waiting for IDC results for some time now. The long wait sucks. Hopefully these results come out within 1~2 weeks.

Pcola1990

I had a full flight physical done at Andrews AFB...it started as a standard commissioning physical, but my recruiter decided to go ahead and have them do a flight physical and submit with that.

That's basically what I did. I went to NAMI here at NAS Pensacola. It was an intense physical, but it left me confident I'll have no issues with the physical done at OCS.

HTR

pilot
Take a deep breath and relax. Navy is hurry up and wait so get used to it.

Lancerr1

Your physical won't affect your Finsel at all because the Finsel is unrelateld to the flight physical except that it tells you that you'll have to go through one. You would normally receive your flight physical upon reporting to OCS. So it's not a prereq to your Finsel. Requesting a penciled in date might potentially speed up the process however. You'll need a good reason though.

I hope results are posted soon!

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Just curious, if you get a flight physical for your MEPS workup, do you get a physical again at OCS or do they simply forward your documents to NAMI?