• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October/November SNA & SNFO Boards

KnightFlight

I got on here about three years ago when I started my first STA-21 application just by googling information about the program. As you can see I'm already about to reach 800 posts. geeze.
Old neighbor's son is an E-2 pilot who went the OCS route. I was interested in the specifics about how he got there so he referred me here.
When I first started to consider being in the military as a SEAL or Naval Aviator, my close family friend mentioned about a partner at his dad's law firm who had a husband who flew P3's for the Navy for 20 years (I believe it was P3 and I believe he did a full 20, he is now the most senior co-pilot for US Air), Steve Wieneke. Told me I have to get on this site if I want to have an edge and any idea of how Navy life as an aviator will be from start to finish. Also told me to read the rules first and NEVER to ask what percent get jets haha.

Thanks for the response guys. I guess it's better late than never for me! haha

FROG14

Naval Aviator
So then what is this 'board is October 29th' thing about?

The selection board is being held on October 29th. All applicants who qualified and had their kits in to the PM by the October 17th deadline will be included in the board next week. To my knowledge there is no sorting or scoring beforehand, as it is the job of the board to select the applicants they want.

Reactions: HTR

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
So then what is this 'board is October 29th' thing about?
And here is the thread giving the date. http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/next-pilot-nfo-board-29-october.42149/

Just saying it lightly, AirWarriors is the best source of information regarding dates. There are a few actual ORs here and they give the correct information. Many times if an individual's OR or Processor doesn't know, or if they are going by old information (such as the board dates for last year before it became rolling) they guess. Those guesses are often wrong.