• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October/November SNA & SNFO Boards

Jayk

If aviation doesn't work out, you never went to board for SWO so I don't think you would have to wait the 6 month period after a pro-rec-n. You would be able to turn around and do another kit for SWO fairly quickly. You can also continue to try for SNA, you just either need to have a "significant improvement in your kit" or wait 6 months from being told no.
Thanks

exNavyOffRec

Everything was submitted beginning of July. I wish I would have known that trick. So basically if it goes south for me this aviation board I'm waiting on SWO to roll around again?

RUFIO had put out that kits that had SWO 3 - 5 weren't sent to board.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
If aviation doesn't work out, you never went to board for SWO so I don't think you would have to wait the 6 month period after a pro-rec-n. You would be able to turn around and do another kit for SWO fairly quickly. You can also continue to try for SNA, you just either need to have a "significant improvement in your kit" or wait 6 months from being told no.

I thought that if you had it as your third choice, you would have still went to board but wouldn't have been selected.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
I thought that if you had it as your third choice, you would have still went to board but wouldn't have been selected.
I used to think the same but I know several whose kits never went. There are also a few people in the latest SWO board thread that didn't go either.

Scottie35

To all the other AD guys:

When we check BOL, there won't be anything showing up until after the board, correct? Thanks!

mike23!

To all the other AD guys:

When we check BOL, there won't be anything showing up until after the board, correct? Thanks!
Correct, there wont be anything for us on BOL until after the results come out. It should say there is no results for advancement at this time or something along those lines.

KnightFlight

I was just thinking about how I wish I knew about this site prior to taking the ASTB. My buddy who is currently at OCS for SNA told me about it a month after I tested.

So I'm curious to see, how did everyone else hear about AW (specifically non-active duty folks)? Recruiters? Friends? Family? Google?

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I got on here about three years ago when I started my first STA-21 application just by googling information about the program. As you can see I'm already about to reach 800 posts. geeze.

RMP

Looks good to me
Old neighbor's son is an E-2 pilot who went the OCS route. I was interested in the specifics about how he got there so he referred me here.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
I found it through Google, but I dismissed the site when I found an account was required to get the attachments for ASTB prep material. I re-discovered it after I had submitted my kit the first time. I'll chalk it up to once of the mistakes made during this process.

Sundevil106150

When I first started to consider being in the military as a SEAL or Naval Aviator, my close family friend mentioned about a partner at his dad's law firm who had a husband who flew P3's for the Navy for 20 years (I believe it was P3 and I believe he did a full 20, he is now the most senior co-pilot for US Air), Steve Wieneke. Told me I have to get on this site if I want to have an edge and any idea of how Navy life as an aviator will be from start to finish. Also told me to read the rules first and NEVER to ask what percent get jets haha.