• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October/November SNA & SNFO Boards

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Hey everyone,

I unfortunately missed the October 17th deadline for SNA by 2 days! Is there any idea as to when my packet could be up in front of the board? I really hope its not as late as January or February.
I missed the board in May of this year by about a week. Welcome to the club, it's a crappy one to be in but this is how it goes.

HTR

pilot
tumblr_inline_naj4rwOZpO1rf96sp.jpg
No way...

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Eight more days until the board kicks off. I am pretty sure the wait for these results will be much shorter than that for the IDC board.

MikeMillerUK

Nearing the end of Primary
Contributor
Eight more days until the board kicks off. I am pretty sure the wait for these results will be much shorter than that for the IDC board.
I think that's a pretty safe assumption haha. AD seems to only be a couple of days, civilian seems to be about a week, depending on how good your recruiter is at getting in touch. Maybe 9 days or so. This is purely from what I've seen on here, so as always, YMMV.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I wonder if the board members know the results of the other boards that you were seen by? I also wonder if that has any effect whatsoever on their decision .... hmmm?

Gator Guard

always knife hands
I wonder if the board members know the results of the other boards that you were seen by? I also wonder if that has any effect whatsoever on their decision .... hmmm?
I have speculated that if they can see that another community has selected an applicant that it can only help. It would be reassure them and possibly some competitiveness could come into play. Take away a good candidate from another community and all that.

Jayk

I thought that getting Pro Rec Y for SWO would make the wait for SNFO results easier. I was wrong. So...so wrong.
What order did you select your designators? I selected SWO as my third choice does that mean I'm not seen until the next time they meet? I just spoke to my recruiter he said he has no idea of the inter workings of the board only when the results come out. Now I'm really curious how it works. Any thoughts?

varlogkern

What order did you select your designators? I selected SWO as my third choice does that mean I'm not seen until the next time they meet? I just spoke to my recruiter he said he has no idea of the inter workings of the board only when the results come out. Now I'm really curious how it works. Any thoughts?
When did you get everything submitted? If SWO wasn't your first or second choice then there is a very high probability it didn't even go to the SWO board. That is the reason SWO is in slot number two in my signature.

Jayk

When did you get everything submitted? If SWO wasn't your first or second choice then there is a very high probability it didn't even go to the SWO board. That is the reason SWO is in slot number two in my signature.
Everything was submitted beginning of July. I wish I would have known that trick. So basically if it goes south for me this aviation board I'm waiting on SWO to roll around again?

varlogkern

Everything was submitted beginning of July. I wish I would have known that trick. So basically if it goes south for me this aviation board I'm waiting on SWO to roll around again?
If aviation doesn't work out, you never went to board for SWO so I don't think you would have to wait the 6 month period after a pro-rec-n. You would be able to turn around and do another kit for SWO fairly quickly. You can also continue to try for SNA, you just either need to have a "significant improvement in your kit" or wait 6 months from being told no.