• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November/December Rolling SWO Board

EOD is open to active-duty applicants only. You cannot apply as a civilian applicants. Also, you need to have SWO as your first or second choice in order for it to be reviewed/considered. Your wasting time if you have SWO as a third or beyond choice.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the advice. What do you think about sending my kit in as SNA/SWO/SNFO? As far as I know, the SNA board meets the same time as the SNFO board. I obviously want to be in the air but I'm not willing to risk getting rejected by all three if I listed SNA/SNFO/SWO. If I listed SNFO third, is there even the slightest chance they would consider me if the SNA board didn't want me?

My current thought process is to go SNA/SWO/SNFO on pure strategy alone. My scores and past legal history (one public intoxication three years ago) are far from a guarantee to get a pilot slot, but I still want to get into OCS in any capacity. Thanks for the insight.

paulmkrueger

I have SWO as my first choice this time up. It was my third last time. Perhaps that's why I didn't make it. I was greedy and wanted Intel or Supply.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
My OAR is only a 45. Does that make me out completely? I don't my recruiter would continue forward if there was no point right?

No it doesn't. It will hurt a bit but if you have a good GPA/major and the rest of your application is top notch then you should be fine.

KMC1020

Ok well my GPA is great however my major has nothing to offer for the Navy so I guess we'll see! Is there any speculation on the date of this board? Still haven't gone to MEPS and I'm worried I'm going to miss the next board.

bluehens15

Ok well my GPA is great however my major has nothing to offer for the Navy so I guess we'll see! Is there any speculation on the date of this board? Still haven't gone to MEPS and I'm worried I'm going to miss the next board.
really depends on when they get enough kits to make a board. since the last one was only just a little over a week ago, it most likely will not be til end of November, early December. Just make sure you have all documents to back up whatever you report at MEPS, I had an issue with that with prior serious athletic injuries, and it was a headache

KMC1020

Well on the questionaire the only thing I had was the fact that I take birth control and getting my tonsils out 20 years ago. So I should be ok, hopefully anyways.

FormerRecruitingGuru

really depends on when they get enough kits to make a board. since the last one was only just a little over a week ago, it most likely will not be til end of November, early December. Just make sure you have all documents to back up whatever you report at MEPS, I had an issue with that with prior serious athletic injuries, and it was a headache

When your recruiter asks for any medical history, they need to know everything, even if it appears to be minor.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Well on the questionaire the only thing I had was the fact that I take birth control and getting my tonsils out 20 years ago. So I should be ok, hopefully anyways.

MEPS might need a doc's note/prescription note for the birth control as a heads up. I've seen/heard some MEPS where they don't mind and some that do want to see something.

exNavyOffRec

MEPS might need a doc's note/prescription note for the birth control as a heads up. I've seen/heard some MEPS where they don't mind and some that do want to see something.

I had to deal with that, mainly when it was being taken to help regulate the cycle, one thing you find out as a recruiter is you have to get over feeling uncomfortable talking about female issues, lucky me on one of my sea tours I was the CPO in charge of female berthing.

KMC1020

Well thankfully my yearly lady appointment is 3 days before my *scheduled* (I've had 3 dates already) MEPS date, so I'll just ask her to write a note while I'm there. Thanks for the heads up because no one told me that.

USSMaximus

When I went to MEPS, they needed the medical records of my tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy from the doctor who performed it. So I had to request medical records from his office. The medical questions at MEPS are very detailed, so be prepared for that. If you don't understand something, don't be afraid to ask the proctor. Just remember though, that if you are going to put yes for something big enough like a surgery, they are going to want the medical records. Try and figure it out beforehand so you can get your records before going. If they find out that they need records from you while your there, it could delay the process.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Didn't know that. Thanks for the advice. What do you think about sending my kit in as SNA/SWO/SNFO? As far as I know, the SNA board meets the same time as the SNFO board. I obviously want to be in the air but I'm not willing to risk getting rejected by all three if I listed SNA/SNFO/SWO. If I listed SNFO third, is there even the slightest chance they would consider me if the SNA board didn't want me?

My current thought process is to go SNA/SWO/SNFO on pure strategy alone. My scores and past legal history (one public intoxication three years ago) are far from a guarantee to get a pilot slot, but I still want to get into OCS in any capacity. Thanks for the insight.
I can't speak to the competitiveness for the SNFO component, but that is exactly what I did. So far it is working out... I assume they will also review it for SNFO as well. That said, I am taking a shot in the dark.

KMC1020

When I went to MEPS, they needed the medical records of my tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy from the doctor who performed it. So I had to request medical records from his office. The medical questions at MEPS are very detailed, so be prepared for that. If you don't understand something, don't be afraid to ask the proctor. Just remember though, that if you are going to put yes for something big enough like a surgery, they are going to want the medical records. Try and figure it out beforehand so you can get your records before going. If they find out that they need records from you while your there, it could delay the process.

I was told I didn't need the record for my tonsilectomy since I was only 4 when it was done which was 20 years ago and they didn't need paperwork for over 10 years. But it also wasn't on the pre-MEPS questionaire that I filled out. So, I specifically asked the guy about it and they said it wasn't a big deal. I seriously doubt I'd be able to get the paperwork for that. I don't even know if doctor's offices keep records that long.

USSMaximus

I don't know the policy for when you don't have to give paperwork anymore, but I had mine done a couple of years ago, and they wanted it. The very last question on the pre-MEPS form asks you to list any additional items. That's where they wanted me to write the stuff about it. If they are saying don't worry about it, then I guess you're ok. I just don't want you to go there and there is a problem. When is your MEPS date?