• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November/December Rolling SWO Board

KMC1020

24/female
Non-prior, B.S. Elementary Education, 3.53 GPA, Graduate in December
OAR: 45
5 LOR: 2 from previous employers, 1 from Ret. LCDR in the Navy, 1 from Ret. Chief in the Coast Guard, 1 from a former Captain, USMC
SWO

I think this is everything. Let me know if I missed something. I know my OAR score and my degree are working against me, but my OR said my GPA and LOR's make me competitive.

rpat1987

Surf n Turf
Yeah, you should be fine. Now we just have to wait for a date for the board! Whenever that may be. Hopefully end of November beginning of December.

I'm hoping to make this board but was wondering your thoughts on if that's a possibility.

Things I have done:
Submitted my application for commission
Submitted my personal documents (birth certificate, SS card, driver's license)
Submitted my transcript
Taken the ASTB

Things I am in the process of doing:
Going to MEPS (expecting an appointment soon)
Getting a waiver (a simple one, nothing like PRK surgery or anything lengthy)

Things I haven't done:
Any background checks, fingerprinting, national security forms, etc.

You should be able to make it. When do you go to MEPS?
My recruiter says my app is in the hands of the processor, but she should get it back by today. Once she does, she'll send my documents to MEPS. They require 48 hours to respond with an appointment date.

I have good scores and GPA, but I have to get a legal waiver for a public intoxication I received in college a few years ago. Stupid and will probably affect any board's judgment of me, but oh well. I have to deal with my own mistakes.

rpat1987

Surf n Turf
I had a Minor in Consumption of alcohol when I was 17, as long as you've kept clean, shouldn't affect too much. What is your GPA and OAR?

I had a Minor in Consumption of alcohol when I was 17, as long as you've kept clean, shouldn't affect too much. What is your GPA and OAR?
My GPA is 3.5 in Philosophy with a minor in Theology and Religious Studies. My ASTB is 54/7/7/7. My OR was trying to push me towards chaplain because they have an apparent shortage of them. I was like not a chance, lol. I want combat.

My public intoxication is from September of 2011 (3 years ago). I stumbled going into a basketball game and was stopped. I was told to sit down but instead standed up after a while, hence the arrest.

I also don't drink anymore. I stopped to get in as good as shape as possible for the Navy. But I doubt they care.

If you want combat, why Navy? lol Why not join as an Army Infantry Officer? I'm an Infantryman with 2 deployments to Iraqi.

I don't actually want literal combat, I meant I want a role in the Navy that is fully warfare qualified unrestricted line. I would take any UL role offered to me. My ambition is pilot, but I'd still love to get NFO or SWO. EOD is also tempting, the training sounds dope as phuck. But I haven't read much about it other than the Navy website because no one seems to be going into it. In short, I'd take SNA/SNFO/SWO/EOD before I took intel or supply. Nothing against those communities, just not what I'm looking for.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I don't actually want literal combat, I meant I want a role in the Navy that is fully warfare qualified unrestricted line. I would take any UL role offered to me. My ambition is pilot, but I'd still love to get NFO or SWO. EOD is also tempting, the training sounds dope as phuck. But I haven't read much about it other than the Navy website because no one seems to be going into it. In short, I'd take SNA/SNFO/SWO/EOD before I took intel or supply. Nothing against those communities, just not what I'm looking for.

EOD is open to active-duty applicants only. You cannot apply as a civilian applicants. Also, you need to have SWO as your first or second choice in order for it to be reviewed/considered. Your wasting time if you have SWO as a third or beyond choice.