• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Military Recruiting Ads Thread

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My "take" on this subject is probably about 100% in agreement with your own take,
You don't know what my take is, as I haven't offered it, but I can assure you that it is not aligned with whatever word salad you're posting in this thread.

Mos

None
My "take" on this subject is probably about 100% in agreement with your own take, minus just some disagreements on the issue of cancel culture. Otherwise, I don't really see where the disagreement is. The thread was about the military recruitment ad versus the "macho" Russian one. I stood up for the American one but criticized some aspects of political correctness in the military. Swanee seemed to completely misunderstand my post and wrote about how our "woke" military would kick the butt of the supposedly "tough" enemy forces, which is what I had been saying from the start.
I think the point is less about agreement and more about how no one needs or wants your take. There are plenty of forums on the internet filled with clueless and insulated people who would probably be blessed to read your 'analysis', but here you're just regurgitating stuff that most have heard before.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
In the same release as the above was an aerial shot of a CVBG and the tag line, "The pursuit of life liberty and all who threaten it." One of my all time favorites. It carried on for some time. Most folks thought it was inspired by 9/11, but it was released a few months prior and proved timely.
We still had that poster hanging up in my office during my DH tour when I was the Admin O. I've always liked the intent of the poster, but the grammar makes my eye twitch.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
This reminds me, my grandfather, a WWI veteran once told me that back in 1941, just after Pearl Harbor, he was convinced the “kids theses days” (including his sons) would not be able to beat the Germans or the Japanese. He thought they were weak, lazy, and too attached to things like music! Now we call those “kids” the Greatest Generation.
According to my dad the Corps went to shit when I marched across the grinder in 1982.

Random8145

I think the point is less about agreement and more about how no one needs or wants your take. There are plenty of forums on the internet filled with clueless and insulated people who would probably be blessed to read your 'analysis', but here you're just regurgitating stuff that most have heard before.
Well that is fine and I see what you mean. I avoid forums filled with clueless people because they usually only have brainless discussions. I would rather discuss with educated people like yourselves:)

Random8145

Or trying to sell your "expert" take on things that people in this thread are literally experts on.
It really isn't that. I am just enthusiastic about these issues and so like to discuss them and give my opinion, and unfortunately it comes off that way.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Every old salt I talked to about beards before they were done away with talked about the reason they were banned is that few followed the regs, with most decidedly not 'neatly trimmed'.

We had a mustache competition in my last command, for some reason all us old dudes ended up with far better 'staches than the younger crowd. Mine was...glorious!

Have you seen the average pseudofolliculitis barbae shave chit Sailors? Very few follow the regs or know what they are. I see so many dudes with fresh line-ups on their beards and have them trimmed down. Those chits get abused, too. The Navy should just go ahead and let us have beards and be done with it.

/grumpy hinge (select) rant

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
Have you seen the average pseudofolliculitis barbae shave chit Sailors? Very few follow the regs or know what they are. I see so many dudes with fresh line-ups on their beards and have them trimmed down. Those chits get abused, too. The Navy should just go ahead and let us have beards and be done with it.
You mean the regulation that says they can outline, edge, or shape the beard?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

/grumpy hinge (select) rant
I could easily see “gunner bros” with high end neckbeards a-la the SEALS…

670F5BC1-EC5E-4DC3-9627-70D5B0D8A500.jpeg

But…former SECNAV Ray Mabus had no right sporting Zumwalt “Z-Gram” facial hair back in the day!

0DAA1F2E-5426-41B6-8251-905E0F66D4CC.jpeg

jmcquate

Contributor
Griz, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the facial hair standards set with the mass conscription for WW-I? With the Federal government realizing the how unhealthy, and un-educated the American public was (and the invention of the safety razor)?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Griz, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the facial hair standards set with the mass conscription for WW-I? With the Federal government realizing the how unhealthy, and un-educated the American public was (and the invention of the safety razor)?
Yes, that and the WWI advent of chemical warfare. Beards made gas masks difficult to wear.