• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IDC (IP/IW/INTEL/SWO-IDC Otion) Board

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
It was the latter, I was processed after the fact. To be honest you should hope, as I did, to get you FS as soon as possible. There's members on here who've been waiting months, the faster the better. Good luck with everything.
Yeah, I'm not especially keen on being in FS limbo for a long time, but I'd rather not have to leave before the end of the semester...

Kristoffer Abonal

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae!"
Yeah, I'm not especially keen on being in FS limbo for a long time, but I'd rather not have to leave before the end of the semester...
Oh you're still in school, I see. Well I'm sure they put that into consideration. I was ready to ship out yesterday. Good luck.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
Oh you're still in school, I see. Well I'm sure they put that into consideration. I was ready to ship out yesterday. Good luck.
Actually, I'm a professor. So if my OCS class starts before the end of the semester, I'd have to find colleagues to finish up teaching my classes. It wouldn't be a huge issue I suppose, but I'd rather not have to do it. I'll have a similar issue if my OCS class doesn't start until after the Fall semester begins. A summer class date would be ideal.

Spookcumber

Congrats! What designator are you, and at which board did you get selected?

I was selected for INTEL from the 10 February board. Wouldn't be surprised if some of you IW's or the other INTEL's selected from that board get that date as well

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
I was selected for INTEL from the 10 February board. Wouldn't be surprised if some of you IW's or the other INTEL's selected from that board get that date as well
Hmm, maybe. There are still some folks like JoJoGoHard who were IW selectees from December and are still waiting for their FS.

I wonder if this has anything to do with scheduling IWBC classes? In other words, will they lump a bunch of IW folks into the same OCS class so that they can then all go to the same IWBC class? It might explain the delay for the December folks if the plan is for the December and February folks to all get lumped together. Just a (probably wrong) theory...

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
It does not work like that... Each community/designator gets a specific quota of seats to be filled per each OCS class... I've seen IW and INTEL get between 4-8 seats apiece for seat quotas for OCS classes... IW still has to fill its seats with selects from the December board... As it stands we IDC selects from December and February boards still fall under FY14 so the last class we can be in is class 1714 which begins June 29 2014...

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
As it stands we IDC selects from December and February boards still fall under FY14 so the last class we can be in is class 1714 which begins June 29 2014...
Is it possible we'd get bumped to FY15? At this point I'm telling my employer that anything is possible, and when I know, they'll know.

exNavyOffRec

It does not work like that... Each community/designator gets a specific quota of seats to be filled per each OCS class....

Kinda, it also goes by when the class, you may have a class with none of one designator, but then you could have another will mostly one designator, I sent one guy and his class was almost all nukes, they try and do what makes sense both for the candidate and on the money side.

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
Is it possible we'd get bumped to FY15? At this point I'm telling my employer that anything is possible, and when I know, they'll know.
True indeed, anything is possible, but I believe December and February selects for IW will remain FY14... My thought process... IW was the ONLY IDC designator to convene a aboard in December... Results of that board 14 (AD) selected... Now fast-forward to February 10 (AD) selected and a few civilians to include yourself... IW identified a deficiency within their FY14 numbers and made the most selections of any IDC designator, so with that said I truly believe all of us will be FY14 and the next IDC board will be for FY15 selects... Just my thoughts...

Tenzo82

True indeed, anything is possible, but I believe December and February selects for IW will remain FY14... My thought process... IW was the ONLY IDC designator to convene a aboard in December... Results of that board 14 (AD) selected... Now fast-forward to February 10 (AD) selected and a few civilians to include yourself... IW identified a deficiency within their FY14 numbers and made the most selections of any IDC designator, so with that said I truly believe all of us will be FY14 and the next IDC board will be for FY15 selects... Just my thoughts...

I hope that's the case. I wouldn't mind being a Fy15 select to go through training in the fall or winter.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
IW was the ONLY IDC designator to convene a aboard in December... Results of that board 14 (AD) selected... Now fast-forward to February 10 (AD) selected and a few civilians to include yourself... IW identified a deficiency within their FY14 numbers and made the most selections of any IDC designator, so with that said I truly believe all of us will be FY14 and the next IDC board will be for FY15 selects... Just my thoughts...
Interesting. I thought IW was the smallest program in IDC besides METOC? Did the other programs select way more folks in the earlier FY14 boards?