• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IDC (IP/IW/INTEL/SWO-IDC Otion) Board

exNavyOffRec

Interesting. I thought IW was the smallest program in IDC besides METOC? Did the other programs select way more folks in the earlier FY14 boards?

most to least (usually) is Intel, IW, SWO-IW, SWO-IP, SWO-Oceano, IP, and Oceano

The total per FY for all those designators combined is usually about 100

Is it normal for the Security Clearance Investigator to meet with you before you are pro-rec? Received a phone call today about setting up a time for my interview.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
I didn't meet/speak with anyone before my Pro Rec, but I did fill out the SF86 in advance of the board. Perhaps they didn't see anything in there worth talking to me about? It's been about 3.5 weeks since I got the news from the recruiter, and last I heard from him (about a week ago), they hadn't yet started the investigation process.

vladivostok391

Lieutenant, U.S. Navy
If it helps, here's my progress thus far:

1) Submit completed packet (NOV 2013)
2) Pro-Rec'd at 10 FEB 2014 IDC Board for Intel
3) Scheduled for medical by recruiter (exam completed last week)
4) Contact local SSO for security interview / fill out electronic SF-86 (completed last week)
5) Send in SF-86 signature pages to officially start background investigation process (completed yesterday)
6) Waiting game...

At this point, nothing to do except wait for determination on medical results and background investigation. My understanding is, this is the basic process for all IDC people, order depending on your recruiter and scheduling availability.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
At this point, nothing to do except wait for determination on medical results and background investigation. My understanding is, this is the basic process for all IDC people, order depending on your recruiter and scheduling availability.
Yeah, your order of operations* is very different from mine. I went to MEPS a couple of months before the board, back in December. I ended up needing a couple of medical waivers, which have already come through. I also filled out the SF86 several weeks in advance of the board. As I said, I haven't spoken to any processors regarding my clearance, but my recruiter has been 100% on the ball so far, so I assume that if he didn't tell me to do it, I didn't need to (at least, not yet).

*Math joke.

Sache

I had my top secret background search done back in January...friends, co-workers and family included. April board is what I'm waiting on for Intel.

Hi everyone. I have a question. I am active duty with a secret clearance. Do I need to have a top secret before applying for an IDC community designator or does that come later?

12 Aug 13 SWO (IDC) board
Professionally Recommended for Surface Warfare Officer on 13 November 2013
Package was passed onto the IDC board for 10 February 2014 board
Still awaiting final selection letter

Anyone in a similar boat with these dates

National OPO

For all,
Yes, the April active component (AC) OCS IDC board is still scheduled to occur. Start date is 14Apr14. Applications were due to Navy Recruiting Command no later than 10Mar14. Application received after 10Mar14 will be processed for the 14Jul14 AC IDC board.