• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IDC (IP/IW/INTEL/SWO-IDC Otion) Board

National OPO

12 Aug 13 SWO (IDC) board
Professionally Recommended for Surface Warfare Officer on 13 November 2013
Package was passed onto the IDC board for 10 February 2014 board
Still awaiting final selection letter

Anyone in a similar boat with these dates

"Boilermakerswimmer" - has your recruiter passed along the results from the 10Feb14 IDC board? Were you professionally recommended for any of the IDC designators? What is the latest information that your recruiter has passed to you? If you are willing to provide your name and last 4 of your SSN to my work email (erik.horner@navy.mil), will be happy to provide an update to your application(s).

exNavyOffRec

"Boilermakerswimmer" - has your recruiter passed along the results from the 10Feb14 IDC board? Were you professionally recommended for any of the IDC designators? What is the latest information that your recruiter has passed to you? If you are willing to provide your name and last 4 of your SSN to my work email (erik.horner@navy.mil), will be happy to provide an update to your application(s).

You will get to see by reading this forum how some applicants get neglected, there are people here that don't find out the results of the selection board for weeks, people will be posting here saying they were pro Y and yet other applicants will be told by their recruiters that the board hasn't met.

A good one recently was AD guys were told that a board wasn't going to be held for a little while by both Homer and Ted, and then a day or two later results were released.

check out JHShampy post on here http://www.airwarriors.com/communit...sna-and-snfo-boards.41391/page-96#post-775835 just a guess but I think you might be in a position to see if he can be helped.

Kayeshorter

What chance do you think I have of being selected by the INTEL board? I was selected by the recent SWO board, and I'm waiting on INTEL, which is my first choice.

21 Years old
OAR 7,7,6 57
GPA 3.5
Major: Political Science, top ranked private college
Honors Research Scholar at my University, written research papers on UAV technology and strategic implications, which were published in minor research journals
LORs: two E-9's, one heavily involved in the SEAL community (both know me well, very strong recommendations), and two employer references
Extra Curricular/Service: National Collegiate Debate Team, Mentor/Tutor to high school aged kids at juvenile detention center

exNavyOffRec

What chance do you think I have of being selected by the INTEL board? I was selected by the recent SWO board, and I'm waiting on INTEL, which is my first choice.

21 Years old
OAR 7,7,6 57
GPA 3.5
Honors Research Scholar at my University, written research papers on UAV technology and strategic implications, which were published in minor research journals
LORs: two E-9's, one heavily involved in the SEAL community (both know me well, very strong recommendations), and two employer references
Extra Curricular/Service: National Collegiate Debate Team, Mentor/Tutor to high school aged kids at juvenile detention center

I hope you are ready to be a SWO because the IDC boards have a very low selection rate, and an even lower selection rate for those that aren't prior service/tech degree/graduate degree

Kayeshorter

Haha, that's pretty much what I was expecting to hear. I guess at this point it's a long shot, but i'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and wait and see. Being a SWO sounds like it has some great opportunities despite the negative things a lot of folks have to say, and I'm a generally positive guy so I'm confident I can overcome whatever gets thrown at me. Either way I can't go wrong, it's a great feeling to have after spending so long worrying about finding a job after graduation!

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
For all,
Yes, the April active component (AC) OCS IDC board is still scheduled to occur. Start date is 14Apr14. Applications were due to Navy Recruiting Command no later than 10Mar14. Application received after 10Mar14 will be processed for the 14Jul14 AC IDC board.

Do you know if they are still having an April IDC board for non-active duty/civilian applicants?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

21 Years old
OAR 7,7,6 57
GPA 3.5

Was INTEL your first/second choice? If you've been looking through the IDC forums, you can see that unless you're prior/currently IDC enlisted that it's extremely competitive to get selected into the INTEL program. The exception to this rule has been folks with advanced degrees (Master's, PhD, JD, etc.) or a bachelors with an extremely high GPA and civilian experience with intelligence/national security.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Being a SWO sounds like it has some great opportunities despite the negative things a lot of folks have to say, and I'm a generally positive guy so I'm confident I can overcome whatever gets thrown at me. Either way I can't go wrong, it's a great feeling to have after spending so long worrying about finding a job after graduation!
Kayeshorter, just a word of caution, if you ProRec for anything other than Intel, and you are not fully committed to be a Naval Officer & Leader for however long you are in, you will probably be unhappy, and the Sailors you lead will know it. Entering a commissioning program, because you worry about not finding a job, does not indicate full commitment, just sayin'!;)
BzB

Kayeshorter

BusyBee, It's been my dream to serve in the Navy for a very long time, and I didn't intend for that comment to communicate that I view this as "just any other job", I just meant that I was incredibly relieved to be accepted. It's stressful waiting to hear back from the boards, and also trying to prepare a plan of action just in case you're rejected. I'm sure many guys (and girls) here know that feeling. Quite honestly I'm beyond excited to be a SWO and I know I'll be happy doing that, I just think my current skill set is more in line with INTEL. Sorry if I gave off the impression that I wasn't fully committed!

And Rufi0, INTEL was my first choice, and SWO was my second choice. I had originally applied for aviation positions but childhood asthma DQ'd me.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
BusyBee, It's been my dream to serve in the Navy for a very long time, and I didn't intend for that comment to communicate that I view this as "just any other job", I just meant that I was incredibly relieved to be accepted. It's stressful waiting to hear back from the boards, and also trying to prepare a plan of action just in case you're rejected. I'm sure many guys (and girls) here know that feeling. Quite honestly I'm beyond excited to be a SWO and I know I'll be happy doing that, I just think my current skill set is more in line with INTEL. Sorry if I gave off the impression that I wasn't fully committed!

And Rufi0, INTEL was my first choice, and SWO was my second choice. I had originally applied for aviation positions but childhood asthma DQ'd me.

Childhood asthma shouldn't have been the cause for DQ because I had an SNFO applicant get an N3M letter with a similar background. All you need to do is a pulmonary function test and include the results with the MEDDOCs.

Kayeshorter

I had a PFT done, it was included with my packet, but for some reason I wasn't given the waiver. My recruiting officer pressed to try and find out exactly why but they just said it was because of the asthma. I don't know, maybe they found something in my medical records that they didn't like, who knows.

exNavyOffRec

Childhood asthma shouldn't have been the cause for DQ because I had an SNFO applicant get an N3M letter with a similar background. All you need to do is a pulmonary function test and include the results with the MEDDOCs.

Don't know why but I have seen several who passed PFT, were given a waiver, sent to OCS as either SNA or SNFO who were subsequently DQ for aviation due to childhood asthma

Thomas Griffith

Good evening from Hawaii. I am new to the site so I will start with some stats/info:

36 years old
active duty 7 years/ AT2
OAR: taking test next Tuesday
B.S. Aeronautics / 3.89
M.S. Information Management / 4.0

Awards: Sailor of the Year, 3 NAM's, 1 FLOC, Arizona State University Outstanding Graduate student/leadership
award, magna cum laude

Evaluations: EP, EP, EP

LORs: O-6, O-4, E-9

Extra curricular: Habitat for Humanity, USO, elementary school tutor/mentor, 2 honor societies, MWR Treasurer

I will be applying for the IW and Intel board in July. My question comes from the fact that my GPA from over 12 years ago is not so great, but since all college credit is calculated, my cumulative undergrad GPA dips to 2.7. Will a board take under consideration that these grades were attained many years before I enlisted in the Navy? Secondly, can earning my masters make up for this deficiency?

I would appreciate anyone's help and guidance. Since I am active duty I don't have an OR for advice and guidance. Thanks.