• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IDC (IP/IW/INTEL/SWO-IDC Otion) Board

exNavyOffRec

I am still waiting to hear results from this past board. My OR has no new information to offer. However, I do have some time sensitive decisions that will have to be made while waiting for results. Can anyone offer any advice or insight as to my situation differs from other applicants? Are there any scenarios in which my application could have been held over for the next INTEL board?

If it was sent to the board it would not be held over when a board was held.

Mitigates

Pro-Rec Y SNA
If it was sent to the board it would not be held over when a board was held.

In line with this, if my package was sent right before the FEB24 SNA/NFO Board, but didn't make it in time, it should, theoretically be in the pile for the next rolling board, correct?

I've sent an email to my processor asking him to check/confirm this but I'm curious if there's anything else I should do to make sure my package will make the next board.

Thanks in advance.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey, PhdPoliSci. I also applied with a largely academic background and was selected for IW at the February 2014 board. I'm not an expert, but your stats certainly seem competitive to me. I'd say to try to get some non-academic recommendations and at least one recommendation from an O-4 or above. The board may be asking themselves, "ok, she can clearly handle herself in the academic world, but how do we know if she will be successful in a military environment?" Play up your extensive leadership experience in your personal statement to help make your case. Good luck!

Get an appraisal sheet/interview with an O-5 and above if possible since you're not prior enlisted.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Next IDC boards meet in April. All selectees will be FY-15 gains, meaning if you get selected expect to be going to OCS around the late summertime if not later.

exNavyOffRec

Get an appraisal sheet/interview with an O-5 and above if possible since you're not prior enlisted.

This is a double edged sword, I have seen guys get interviews with senior officers but they asked questions that would be impossible for a civilian to know, for instance.

What does an Intel officer in a squadron do and how would you conduct a brief?

How would you conduct performance counseling?

We were stunned, the officer was even told this was an OCS program and the person was a civilian.

On the same note not a single person I had picked up for IDC had an officer interview, some of the ones I had get rejected did.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I guess they are hit or miss. I generally get my applicants in touch with folks I trust. That's not to say they'll get 9's or 10's automatically, but they understand that these folks aren't active duty and acclimated with the Navy yet.

exNavyOffRec

I guess they are hit or miss. I generally get my applicants in touch with folks I trust. That's not to say they'll get 9's or 10's automatically, but they understand that these folks aren't active duty and acclimated with the Navy yet.

I guess it is more than telling them, like you said, they must understand.

Tenzo82

Next IDC boards meet in April. All selectees will be FY-15 gains, meaning if you get selected expect to be going to OCS around the late summertime if not later.
So FY14 quotas already filled? Have they started selecting Fy15 candidate already?

Unfortunately, My package was sent before I could get any of those types of LORS. I guess I will have to hold my breath and hope they need nerdy academic types. From what I was told, I should be pretty competitive and as for being selected for FY15, they have my first available date to be September 1st so that shouldn't really be an issue.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
Received my FS yesterday! OCS Class April 6, 2014. Hooyah!
Did you already have a clearance, or did that get processed in the time since you got your Pro-Rec? If the former, that seems really fast! I'm actually hoping that I don't get into an April class...

Kristoffer Abonal

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae!"
Did you already have a clearance, or did that get processed in the time since you got your Pro-Rec? If the former, that seems really fast! I'm actually hoping that I don't get into an April class...

It was the latter, I was processed after the fact. To be honest you should hope, as I did, to get you FS as soon as possible. There's members on here who've been waiting months, the faster the better. Good luck with everything.