• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

Becks

Becks
Hm interesting. I know for a fact theyre still doing my security interviews. Poor friends and family, second time in 6 months they've had to do them for me.
Thanks for the chime in guy, guess just a little more patience.
On a different note, anyone have experience with NOSC Washington as a unit?

Devil Duck

Frankly it amazes me that the Navy would commission someone requiring a clearance without the clearance already being fully adjudicated. Can say I have seen officers languish for months, to a year, without even beginning training while waiting for their TS/SCI to be adjudicated. Closing out a TS/SCI takes only about 90 days from initiation, provided there aren't any bumps requiring further resolution.

das

Contributor
I was commissioned 8 months before my clearance was complete. It turns out that the process was never started for me, and it did indeed take only about 90 days to complete my final clearance once things were finally initiated. I ended up getting an interim SCI (yes, these exist, and yes, I did get one) to go to IWBC.

Becks

Becks
Interesting, maybe I should call the Chief back and ask him to double check commissioning. For what its worth I already have a TS/SCI w/ poly interim clearance as a DoD civilian...quite familiar with the process by this point.

exNavyOffRec

Interesting, maybe I should call the Chief back and ask him to double check commissioning. For what its worth I already have a TS/SCI w/ poly interim clearance as a DoD civilian...quite familiar with the process by this point.

There are several things NRD's have been beat up on, commissioning without a good clearance is one, but your current clearance should speed it up, if there is ANY chance a NRD CO could get crap for anything it won't be done.

Becks

Becks
You are getting reinvestigated? I thought DOD clearances enjoyed full reciprocity?
I thought so too, no one was ever able to give me a good answer about that every time I asked from the recruiter to the investigator onward. Maybe because what I hold right now for DoD is only interim.

Additionally this re-investigation better not reset my adjudication with my clearance for work of someone is going to get an earful over at OPM from my agency.

Becks

Becks
Ooooh, I missed the interim part. Sorry about that.

Does anyone else have experience with current and active TS//SCI needing to be reinvestigated if accepted as DCO IDC?
What I was initially told was that as long as they both went through OPM the process would go as follows;
You apply and get your first clearance. This is tied to your record in the OPM database.
You get your DIRCOM. You fill out your SF-86 again. This is submitted to OPM. Upon OPM starting the process the system finds your existing entry and kicks your name back as cleared.

"In Theory" etc.

navgovie

IW Officer
What I was initially told was that as long as they both went through OPM the process would go as follows;
You apply and get your first clearance. This is tied to your record in the OPM database.
You get your DIRCOM. You fill out your SF-86 again. This is submitted to OPM. Upon OPM starting the process the system finds your existing entry and kicks your name back as cleared.

"In Theory" etc.
Thats how mine went except it didn't even need to get submitted to OPM. Just a quick verification in JPAS was all that was needed...of course my civilian clearance came from the Navy as well, so that might of helped...

Devil Duck

Your clearance and access for military and civilian service are separate. DONCAF should accept the investigation provided you have a fully adjudicated SSBI . You would still need a separate SCI INDOC by your SSO prior to being granted access as a reservist.

It's quite possible to have a TS/SCI from an agency as a civilian, and a secret clearance as a reservist, or the reverse.

Becks

Becks
Your clearance and access for military and civilian service are separate. DONCAF should accept the investigation provided you have a fully adjudicated SSBI . You would still need a separate SCI INDOC by your SSO prior to being granted access as a reservist.

It's quite possible to have a TS/SCI from an agency as a civilian, and a secret clearance as a reservist, or the reverse.
Well that explains it, since mine is currently interim and thus still under adjudication.

Devil Duck

Why would you need SCI indoc if your JPAS verifies SCI subsets?
You just do. It ain't rocket science. If you need access to SCI in the reserves, you'll be INDOC'd into the compartments for which you need access. It's possible to be INDOC'd into compartments for your day job that are not needed in your reserve career, and vice versa. INDOC takes an hour.

Devil Duck

I know Indoc isn't a big deal, just seems dumb. If my JPAS says SI-TK-HCS-G-SAP why would i need Indoc again?
Phil, I cannot imagine that question coming from an intel professional.

In addition to INDOC, you'll also sign a statement stating that you won't use reserve access ISO your day job. You really need to separate the reserves from your civilian career.

Devil Duck

Why would you need SCI indoc if your JPAS verifies SCI subsets?
Phil, if you look at yourself in JPAS it lists clearance & access by profession, i.e., Active Duty Officer, Reserve Officer, Contractor, DoD Civilian. Clearance and access as a civilian is used to support your civilian employment. As a reservist, the servicing SSO must very your need to know before granting access - after INCOC. This stuff is Security 101.

Becks

Becks
Phil, I cannot imagine that question coming from an intel professional.

In addition to INDOC, you'll also sign a statement stating that you won't use reserve access ISO your day job. You really need to separate the reserves from your civilian career.
Very true, there's a reservists Conflict of Interest agreement they have you sign.

@Sheepdip
Additionally your job as "ENS Snuffy" may not require you to have access to the HCS because you're say...GEOINT, while at your civilian career you work in HUMINT. As far as your compartments are concerned, your need to know changes between jobs. Also remember that outside of just your compartments are your "justification" of need know within them, i.e. geographic areas, topics, etc.