• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

Becks

Becks
Becks, only one SSBI is required. Once the investigation is fully adjudicated the DONCAF will use it as the basis to grant access to SCI.
I'm pretty sure they've already started the second SSBI. My clearance at work is probably a week or so from being turned into a full clearance, but the OPM guy for the Navy has already been interviewing all the people from my list I provided to them...who were also interviewed about 3 months ago for Govt. Duplication of work I say, look at those tax dollars fly! ;)

P3toP8

What if you already have a clearance? Do they commence another investigation? I am a few years out on my periodic reinvestigation. Or do they just say, he/she is good to go until they are due for the periodic reinvestigation?

djmyk322

Hello everyone,

I have been looking at this page a lot the last year because I was applying. I was selected for Intel and was commissioned two weeks ago. I just wanted to share my qualifications and perhaps provide some information. I am 35, work as IT security. I have 12 years of active duty experience as an ET and had one year or reserve. I hold two Masters, one in Intelligence Studies and the other in IT management. I only scored an 85% confidence level. To counter this I believe I definitely displayed all the other attributes they were looking for. As an E5 I was a communication watch officer which was normally an E7 position. I was always in a leadership role consistently considered top 10 among my peers. But perhaps my ace in the hole was character references from an O-8 and an O-7 (who is now and O8) and an O6. People may say that that was the only reason I was selected, but I worked extremely hard for those Commanders and their earned high endowment from them. Please let me know if I can answer any questions.

IntelNinja

I get to make up my own? Hmm...
Yes, from the FY 2013 IDC Boards thread:
You can check for yourself here. The deadline is 24AUG12, but individual recruiters or NRDs may have their own, earlier deadlines to allow them time to get your package together.

Devil Duck

Can someone briefly summarize how a selectee goes about getting assigned to a billet and/or drill location?
As part of the commissioning process the recruiter works with the IDC reserve region to identify a billet. The billet will be located somewhere in your region, e.g., Southeast, Mid-Atlantic. It's possible to be assigned to a unit four or 400 miles away. As an ensign it really doesn't matter - expect to be assigned to the closest unit with a vacancy.

I'm assigned to a unit that was ~130 miles distant - before I moved. It's now 700 miles away. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to reassigning to a nearer unit after demobilization.

Did you get selected?

RaginCajun

On a side note, if you are assigned a unit 400 miles away, are you still responsible for transportation yourself, or will they give a little help?

Devil Duck

On a side note, if you are assigned a unit 400 miles away, are you still responsible for transportation yourself, or will they give a little help?
Yes. That said, depending on where you live I wouldn't expect that kind of distance as an ensign.

There are exceptions for units that flex drill. Those are highly coveted, and rare - and generally not for unqual'd JOs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devil Duck

To clarify, you're responsible to pay your own way to drill. If more than 50 miles you'll be provided lodging at government expense. If in a training status, ie attending NIOBC RES, the government will cover the cost of travel and allow per diem if you're more than 50 miles from your residence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teeroy68

My package was just finalized yesterday and now the wait begins....any thoughts on how long after the board meets (17 Sept I believe) that we find out the results. Also once the decision is made are we able to see what confidence level we were given? Thanks!

das

Contributor
My package was just finalized yesterday and now the wait begins....any thoughts on how long after the board meets (17 Sept I believe) that we find out the results. Also once the decision is made are we able to see what confidence level we were given? Thanks!

Yes. The results are known as soon as the board is complete (usually Thursday of that week). However, the results then need to be disseminated to Commander, Navy Recruiting Command and the IDC Community Leaders before wider distribution. The Navy Recruiting Districts (i.e., your recruiters) should have them by early the following week at the latest. (Sometimes even by Friday of the board week...)

You won't see anything regarding your package other than that you were selected into a community, or not selected. Sometimes recruiters share the "scores" from your interviews/endorsements, but that won't come from the board results. I can tell you that in the past, a general reason for non-select was "less than 100% confidence rating from IDCR OIC"...

exNavyOffRec

So is a 100% confidence rating a common or is it pretty normal to score that?

The board members where I was at would rarely give 100, often 90, now when I was catching up with a person at the NRD where I just left the board they just had gave 3 people a 5% confidence rating, none had civilian experience in the field they were applying.

RaginCajun

Ok, thanks. I just spoke with my recruiter and received my scores so I'm trying to figure out how they would stand against the majority.

das

Contributor
A 100% confidence rating isn't "common", but the applicant pools are so big the boards often pick candidates who have, among other things, 100% confidence ratings. That said, I know people have gotten selected with less than a 100% confidence rating, because the board is looking at the "whole person". The reasons for select/non-select are general ones, and each individual is different. Generally speaking, the board is looking for significant leadership experience (whether management, volunteer, sports, etc.), outstanding interviews and LORs, 100% confidence rating from IDCR OIC, civilian/military experience that is relevant to the community/ies to which the candidate is applying, etc. Still, there are so many candidates, it's possible for stellar candidates to be non-select.