• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

Messiah62

Thanks for the link, I have seen the PA for the IP community. I understand how you feel about going back in time, I also made mistakes early on my college years. I finally put it together and was able to graduate in May2011. Right now I am leaning towards enrolling at Penn State for the Fall2012 semester for my MS in Info Sciences. Fortunately, all my interviews went very well, I got all 10s each time including two interviews with O8s. Since I have a few years left, I will continue until I am no longer eligible (42). Good luck in your future endeavors.
How did you find out what your scores where? I was told that I could not be shown the scores.

NavyHusky

I guess every recruiter is different. Mine didn't show me the scores but did say they were perfect, along with some of the good comments from the interviewers.

My recruiter told me my scores as well. He also read me the comments/feedback I got from the 08 I had interview me (VERY strong endorsement). I think it just depends on the recruiter.

Hector Torres

htorrespr
How did you find out what your scores where? I was told that I could not be shown the scores.

I did not see the scores from the IDC interviews, I only saw a few from the individual interviews with the other non-IDC officers. My recruiter said if the interviewer was willing to share, it was all good but he was not able to show them otherwise.

NavyHusky

I did not see the scores from the IDC interviews, I only saw a few from the individual interviews with the other non-IDC officers. My recruiter said if the interviewer was willing to share, it was all good but he was not able to show them otherwise.

This has been one of the things that annoyed me the most during the whole process. The fact that I can ask 10 different people the same question and get 10 different answers. It's not unique to the Navy, but happens in any huge organization. However, you'd think that a policy would be a policy. It seems like a lot of them are left to the discretion of the individual recruiter to enforce or not. It's one of the reasons why forums like this are so helpful, they help cut through all the smoke and mirrors.

das

Contributor
The "policy" is that the interviewee is not supposed to see the interviewer's appraisal sheet or scores, and that information is supposed to only go to the recruiter and then to the board — the idea, of course, being that the interviewer is free to be candid and honest in his or her assessment of the candidate. Of course if an interviewer is giving you the highest marks and a glowing recommendation, many of them want to share that with you. So while I was initially told I wouldn't know any of my interview scores or see the appraisals, I ended up seeing nearly all of them one way or another, usually because the interviewer sent a copy to me on their own. But then, I also arranged all of my interviews myself (except the IDC Region OIC and panel interview — and those were the ones I did not see).

exNavyOffRec

This has been one of the things that annoyed me the most during the whole process. The fact that I can ask 10 different people the same question and get 10 different answers. It's not unique to the Navy, but happens in any huge organization. However, you'd think that a policy would be a policy. It seems like a lot of them are left to the discretion of the individual recruiter to enforce or not. It's one of the reasons why forums like this are so helpful, they help cut through all the smoke and mirrors.

I have friends that work in the civilian field that do interviews for their company, a few work at places where giving feedback is prohibited and violation could result in termination.

NavyHusky

I have friends that work in the civilian field that do interviews for their company, a few work at places where giving feedback is prohibited and violation could result in termination.

My point wasn't whether giving the feedback was right or wrong. It was that there isn't any consistency from one recruiter to the next as to giving the feedback or not. But Das probably has the right of it; the people getting the feedback are the ones who are scoring all 10's in the interview, with positive comments, so there's no harm in revealing the results (aside from some minor head swelling).

Like I said, nothing critical of the Navy specifically. I work for a state government, so I know any big bureaucracy is going to have the same issues.

Hector Torres

htorrespr
The "policy" is that the interviewee is not supposed to see the interviewer's appraisal sheet or scores, and that information is supposed to only go to the recruiter and then to the board — the idea, of course, being that the interviewer is free to be candid and honest in his or her assessment of the candidate. Of course if an interviewer is giving you the highest marks and a glowing recommendation, many of them want to share that with you. So while I was initially told I wouldn't know any of my interview scores or see the appraisals, I ended up seeing nearly all of them one way or another, usually because the interviewer sent a copy to me on their own. But then, I also arranged all of my interviews myself (except the IDC Region OIC and panel interview — and those were the ones I did not see).

This is exactly how my situation was as well...I arranged all my interview except the IDC panel. All I got from my recruiter regarding IDC was "well done, we're moving forward..." no mention of scores at all.

Becks

Becks
So I was told today that my COMDOCs were sitting at the recruiters office but they were going to wait for my clearance before my commissioning. Is that the normal sequence of events? For some reason I thought you could be sworn in before the clearance comes back.