• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

So I just emailed my recruiter asking to start getting interviews for the board in September. I applied last September, but was not selected. Is anyone else applying?

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
I'll be there again also. My recruiter is having kids so not sure when I will here from my replacement.

Devil Duck

The numbers are floating around, but believe if you looked at selection numbers you'd see significantly more selected by the fall board. Probably in the neighborhood of two to three fold more in the fall.

Still amazed I made it. Good luck to all.

das

Contributor
All, here's some numbers that may be informative. Keep in mind the numbers alone don't tell the whole story...

SEP09 (first FY10 board) - 174 applicants. Selected 57 INTEL. (Last INTEL-only board.)
MAR10 (second FY10 board) - 278 applicants. Selected 31 INTEL, 11 IW, 13 IP, 0 OCEANO. (First joint IDC board.)
SEP10 (first FY11 board) - 262 applicants. Selected 41 INTEL, 10 IW, 5 IP, 2 OCEANO.
MAR11 (second FY11 board) - 283 applicants. Selected 40 INTEL, 10 IW, 6 IP, 0 OCEANO.
SEP11 (first FY12 board) - ...

Devil Duck

You can pull the community briefs from NPC's website. Note that intel is over strength at most grades. Haven't looked at other briefs, but would imagine more of the same.

Many active duty folks are getting switched to the reserves. Have already met several recently NROTC commissioned ensigns who were pushed to the RC.

Devil Duck

So far so good. Currently on long term orders OCONUS. Managed to get an O3 billet an as ensign. You really have to want to do the work, and be willing to volunteer for opportunities in order to develop. It's tough to become proficient on a drill weekend.