• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 08 STA-21 Status

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
does anyone know with flight physicals, do we need an appointment with medical or can we walk in and do this?

What all is included in the flight physical and is there any gouge on how best to set yourself up for success? Also, where do I have to get an appointment made? Do I have to go to Oceana or can they do these at Sewells Point?

k_smittay

What all is included in the flight physical and is there any gouge on how best to set yourself up for success? Also, where do I have to get an appointment made? Do I have to go to Oceana or can they do these at Sewells Point?

The only gouge there is, is to be healthy. They check your vision, hearing, heart, health history, and general health, plus take blood work and the HIV test. If you applied for pilot and got accepted you should have already recieved a flight physical recently to ensure that you could pass. I don't think CNET would like if you applied then couldnt pass the physical after the fact... Even though I am sure one of the alternates would love if you couldn't.

Sewells Point aviation medicine branch does them. Call the tricare appt desk at 1-877-874-2273.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Anyone know if you can attend ERAU worldwide campus concurrently with the main campus to get it out in time? I have at least 13 classes to take (including the Naval Science requirements) to get the degree. I think if I opt out of BOOST that I could potentially get it all completed.
Calculus scares me!!
I know I need to talk to the councilors about this, but.......
I think that I can get 13 classes out within a year and a half (I just turned 27)
Operating on a truncated time table....
I am enrolled this semester for 2 classes(will be 3 classes on Tuesday), I should still be able to use T.A. until NSI, right!?

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Anyone know if you can attend ERAU worldwide campus concurrently with the main campus to get it out in time? I have at least 13 classes to take (including the Naval Science requirements) to get the degree. I think if I opt out of BOOST that I could potentially get it all completed.
Calculus scares me!!
I know I need to talk to the councilors about this, but.......
I think that I can get 13 classes out within a year and a half (I just turned 27)
Operating on a truncated time table....
I am enrolled this semester for 2 classes(will be 3 classes on Tuesday), I should still be able to use T.A. until NSI, right!?

When I went through you couldn't do that. I had a similar situation. The only place you can take the upper level Naval Science courses is DB campus. Yes you can use your T.A. until NSI (assuming that your command approves it), and I've never heard of anyone "opt out of BOOST" just because they didn't think they needed it. If you are scared of Calculus I would definitely not recommend getting out of BOOST. All the OC's I went to college with who didn't go to BOOST sucked Ass at CALC, and all of us prior BOOSTERs Aced it.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
The only gouge there is, is to be healthy. They check your vision, hearing, heart, health history, and general health, plus take blood work and the HIV test. If you applied for pilot and got accepted you should have already recieved a flight physical recently to ensure that you could pass. I don't think CNET would like if you applied then couldnt pass the physical after the fact... Even though I am sure one of the alternates would love if you couldn't.

Sewells Point aviation medicine branch does them. Call the tricare appt desk at 1-877-874-2273.

Yeah, I didn't get one prior to selection because when I inquired about that at medical on my ship the Doc said that they wouldn't allow me to make an appointment prior to finding out if I was selected because it would be a waste of time and money to give me the physical and have it be for nothing! I know that I'm fit as a fiddle, so to speak, and I don't have any vision, hearing or heart problems. I just want to know what to expect and prepare myself accordingly so that I don't fail and lose my spot!

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
When I went through you couldn't do that. I had a similar situation. The only place you can take the upper level Naval Science courses is DB campus. Yes you can use your T.A. until NSI (assuming that your command approves it), and I've never heard of anyone "opt out of BOOST" just because they didn't think they needed it. If you are scared of Calculus I would definitely not recommend getting out of BOOST. All the OC's I went to college with who didn't go to BOOST sucked Ass at CALC, and all of us prior BOOSTERs Aced it.

I understand a lot of folks have been in my shoes and have been fine. I was eight classes from my BS in Pro Aero prior to selection under the '05 catalog, now switching to main campus plus the other Naval Science degree requirements have that jumping up to at least 13. Again, I need to speak with a college counselor about it. I don't foresee this being a huge issue, however.....

It is too bad BOOST doesn't help to accrue college credits, however from all that I've heard and read, it's a great program.

k_smittay

Yeah, I didn't get one prior to selection because when I inquired about that at medical on my ship the Doc said that they wouldn't allow me to make an appointment prior to finding out if I was selected because it would be a waste of time and money to give me the physical and have it be for nothing! I know that I'm fit as a fiddle, so to speak, and I don't have any vision, hearing or heart problems. I just want to know what to expect and prepare myself accordingly so that I don't fail and lose my spot!

If your healthy, no worries. It is a breeze. Just show up.. and do what they tell you. Takes about 2-3 Hours.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!

Be very well rested and very well hydrated.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I understand a lot of folks have been in my shoes and have been fine. I was eight classes from my BS in Pro Aero prior to selection under the '05 catalog, now switching to main campus plus the other Naval Science degree requirements have that jumping up to at least 13. Again, I need to speak with a college counselor about it. I don't foresee this being a huge issue, however.....

It is too bad BOOST doesn't help to accrue college credits, however from all that I've heard and read, it's a great program.

Actually BOOST does help accrue college credits. Especially @ ERAU NROTC. It did me anyway, maybe they just don't like you. You seem to have it all figured out though, so I'm sure you will be fine. :D

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I didn't get one prior to selection because when I inquired about that at medical on my ship the Doc said that they wouldn't allow me to make an appointment prior to finding out if I was selected because it would be a waste of time and money to give me the physical and have it be for nothing!
Yeah, because preventative medicine is always a waste of time and money for doctors.
I know that I'm fit as a fiddle, so to speak, and I don't have any vision, hearing or heart problems.
boo

pat

BOOST is awesome, for the credits and the practice. It got me out of a hanful of GenEd, and geared me up for some of the shitty math. I've had a handful of NSI'ers tell me they wish they had taken BOOST for the credits. Well worth your time.

pat

No, they pick. We couldn't figure out how they picked either, there were former nuke instructors in there, guys with 1500+ SAT scores, people who had most of their degree already... I was on academic suspension from my former college, so that's probably why I got it.

ELT(SS)

Thanks for the info, hopefully I get selected, because me and calculus are not very good friends at all. And just to dispell rumors, not all nukes are smart, we are just all a little 'touched'

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
When I went through 6 months BOOST there were 11 of us. I noticed that we were out of high-school for about 6-9 years between us, but Pat is right; there were plenty of people almost done with their degrees, instructors etc..