• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 08 STA-21 Status

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Congrats to everyone selected. If you have any questions about ERAU PM me. I'm a mid there and if I can't help you, I'll direct you to one of our OC's!

erelislt

Hello all,
First, CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL SELECTEES! I am happy to say that I am one of them :) I am currently on leave and my command still has not called me to inform me (as per message). Could someone tell me how commands find out if someone from within command is selected? Myself, I checked on NCP website. Also, I am in a process of applying to some colleges (expediting). :) Does someone have any other helpful tips for this process? Thanks!

CECboundFC

Question about 2nd 3rd or more time applicants

Hi all, Congrats to those who made it. I am walking in a haze right now. I busted my butt getting the best people to interview with and have a great record but no go.

My question is to all those who applied more than once. Where to you state this? or rather how does the board know how many times you have applied? Do they keep track some how, or do you have to make sure its included in your personal statement or CO endorsement?

I am applying for CEC and the numbers don't look very good in my favor.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Hello all,
First, CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL SELECTEES! I am happy to say that I am one of them :) I am currently on leave and my command still has not called me to inform me (as per message). Could someone tell me how commands find out if someone from within command is selected? Myself, I checked on NCP website. Also, I am in a process of applying to some colleges (expediting). :) Does someone have any other helpful tips for this process? Thanks!

At the least your Command reads the same NAVADMIN that you have. Whether or not they see your name and actually contact you is an entirely different matter.

erelislt

Hi all, Congrats to those who made it. I am walking in a haze right now. I busted my butt getting the best people to interview with and have a great record but no go.

My question is to all those who applied more than once. Where to you state this? or rather how does the board know how many times you have applied? Do they keep track some how, or do you have to make sure its included in your personal statement or CO endorsement?

I am applying for CEC and the numbers don't look very good in my favor.

Hey, do NOT let your hopes down. This was my second official application, 3 unofficial. 1 application never "left the building" due to poor showing during interview. Yes, it was that bad, although I did not think I did that bad. Who are on your boards matters A LOT! Another tip I can give you is to be honest on your boards, do NOT answer the way you think they want you to answer. Just be honest and genuine, but prepared as well. I am confident you will make it if you don't give up. When it come to mentioniong how many time you've applied, I mentioned it in my personal statement. I cannot trust "they keep track of it".
Hope it helps, stay strong!

erelislt

At the least your Command reads the same NAVADMIN that you have. Whether or not they see your name and actually contact you is an entirely different matter.

My ships is in dry docks, so some of them are on leave, but still. My commad is 25 personnel and I was the only applicant :) I do not want to mention it until I get back from leave, which is pretty soon.

CECboundFC

Thanks for the advice!!

I had tens across the board for my interviews. I hand picked all the people I interviewed with. One was the West coast accessions officer for the Navy. On my Review board I had a one star admiral (who also wrote me a strong letter of recommendation), the Ops officer(Capt) as NAVFAC, and the CO of NAVFAC. These are all the cream of the crop when it comes to CEC officers in SD.

I think my biggest challenge is the numbers, if they are only picking 3-5 CEC's each year its going to be tough. I am wondering if I contact STA-21 office I will be able to find out how many CEC applicants they had in total.

erelislt

I had tens across the board for my interviews. I hand picked all the people I interviewed with. One was the West coast accessions officer for the Navy. On my Review board I had a one star admiral (who also wrote me a strong letter of recommendation), the Ops officer(Capt) as NAVFAC, and the CO of NAVFAC. These are all the cream of the crop when it comes to CEC officers in SD.

I think my biggest challenge is the numbers, if they are only picking 3-5 CEC's each year its going to be tough. I am wondering if I contact STA-21 office I will be able to find out how many CEC applicants they had in total.

So you applied only for CEC, no CORE? Another thing...those appraisal sheets matter a lot, but they have WAY more weight if the interviewers actually write a nice comment in there as well. Those 10s might seem great, but comments actually make these 10s "valid" :)

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
So you applied only for CEC, no CORE? Another thing...those appraisal sheets matter a lot, but they have WAY more weight if the interviewers actually write a nice comment in there as well. Those 10s might seem great, but comments actually make these 10s "valid" :)

I agree...I had tens two years in a row and didn't get picked up.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
I agree...I had tens two years in a row and didn't get picked up.

Same here, but I think it was comments like "Exudes leadership with every word," "Poised, confident and driven," and "Natural leader with endless potential" on my interview sheets that helped make my package stand out!

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Does anyone know how long I need to wait to conduct my flight physical for the results to remain valid up until I class up for NSI? Can I schedule one right away or should I schedule it for DEC, JAN, etc.?? My ESO said that I will receive an information package within 30 days that will explain what I have to do next, but 30 days is a long time to wait to find out when to schedule a physical, which in itself could have a wait time...I just don't want to DQ myself because I waited to long to get the required information submitted to P-cola to guarantee my spot!

future_sta21nfo

Go ahead and schedule one now. First, it takes a while to get an appointment, and I think that the results are good for a year. It can't hurt to call and schedule one, and see what the normal wait is. I can't tell you how relieved I'll be once I see on there PQ AA!

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
BOOST is awesome, for the credits and the practice. It got me out of a hanful of GenEd, and geared me up for some of the shitty math. I've had a handful of NSI'ers tell me they wish they had taken BOOST for the credits. Well worth your time.

Not to mention the drinking and the women...
Seriously though, what really made BOOST worthwhile was getting to know all the other guys that went through it. All the late nights studying and partying and the PT made us pretty tight bunch by the time NSI rolled around. :D