• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 09 Boards

mmac

I've read a lot of stats about applicants for the upcoming and current boards, but what about some feedback from successful applicants? Anyone?

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
I've read a lot of stats about applicants for the upcoming and current boards, but what about some feedback from successful applicants? Anyone?

you are already in the right place - look back through this board and see who got pro-rec'd then look back at our stats

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
Well I was hoping to get the FS letter today, but I just realized today is a holiday!

Yeah man I am getting antsy. At least when you wait for the pro-rec, you know about when you will find out. It is tough not knowing whether you will find out tomorrow, or sometime 2 months from now.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Yeah man I am getting antsy. At least when you wait for the pro-rec, you know about when you will find out. It is tough not knowing whether you will find out tomorrow, or sometime 2 months from now.

Yes and every single day I have someone ask, "So when will you know?"

Every. Single. Day.

It was fine at first but now its just getting annoying.

I just want to know so i can finally be like "I report on xxxx date, now shut up" :icon_tong

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor

Every. Single. Day.

I just want to know so i can finally be like "I report on xxxx date, now shut up" :icon_tong

Haha yeah that will be nice. It will also be nice to finally tell my boss/adviser, "I have been slacking off because I am going to spend my next four years on a ship, not working towards a PhD in a subject that bores the crap out of me"

Cowboah

Every. Single. Day.

HAHA. So spot on. You're not alone. I just want to have a day I can circle on the calendar and count down the days.

Has anyone received any sort of feedback from their recruiters? Any anticipated timeframe?

adimas

July Final Select SNA
So after getting pro-reced way back when, I am still stuck at med qualification because the Navy seems to think a hearing test that is qualifying by the NAMI standards online needs to be looked at by every single doctor in the entire command.....Woo...this is after the fact I went to MEPS way back in July before I even submitted my package......seems like you other guys are doing well...ah well hopefully I'll see at least a months BDCP pay before I graduate in May despite being in the app process due to med stuff since Feb....

I feel ya man I was PRO-REC'ed back in July and signed all the MEPS transfer papers jack in June ( I did MEPS back in MAR of 08) but about a month ago after I was told my Physical was acquired and was awaiting approval from the Navy and for an PQ letter to be issued. I found out last Thursday my OR hasn't even gotten my Physical Yet. Wow 90 days later.

To top things off I lost my job a month and a half ago and wasnt even worried about it since I assured my self I would get my Final Select and ship off date within 4 months (the last day my unemployment pays out).

Now Im told I may have to go back to MEPS after yet more paperwork to approve my visit within 24 months of my last visit, since my Physical is "unable to be located". Initially my OR's XO LT was told my the Marines (the ones who had my physical that it was expired and no good).

Shit I dont know what to beleive and its starting to sound like no one wants to do their damn job.

I don't know what to do at this point. Wish me luck....

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
I feel ya man I was PRO-REC'ed back in July and signed all the MEPS transfer papers jack in June ( I did MEPS back in MAR of 08) but about a month ago after I was told my Physical was acquired and was awaiting approval from the Navy and for an PQ letter to be issued. I found out last Thursday my OR hasn't even gotten my Physical Yet. Wow 90 days later.

To top things off I lost my job a month and a half ago and wasnt even worried about it since I assured my self I would get my Final Select and ship off date within 4 months (the last day my unemployment pays out).

Now Im told I may have to go back to MEPS after yet more paperwork to approve my visit within 24 months of my last visit, since my Physical is "unable to be located". Initially my OR's XO LT was told my the Marines (the ones who had my physical that it was expired and no good).

Shit I dont know what to beleive and its starting to sound like no one wants to do their damn job.

I don't know what to do at this point. Wish me luck....

I feel for you dude. The only thing that I can suggest is if things get really gummed up, contact a sister NRD for your region; that might get things moving for your NRD when word gets back.

I did that after things seemed to get really bogged down, and since then, I have had things move a hell of a lot quicker and smoother.

Best dude.

Oh and happy birthday Navy.

overspeed550

NPA A-Pool
HAHA. So spot on. You're not alone. I just want to have a day I can circle on the calendar and count down the days.

Has anyone received any sort of feedback from their recruiters? Any anticipated timeframe?

My OR keeps saying the FS letter will show up at the end of this month, with a slight possibility of that 22 Nov class, but more likely the 3 Jan class. I didn't have any findings on my physical, already had a security clearance, and had good PRT scores, so he didn't see any reason why it wouldn't go off without a hitch. Then again, this is the government, so we shall see.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
My OR keeps saying the FS letter will show up at the end of this month, with a slight possibility of that 22 Nov class, but more likely the 3 Jan class. I didn't have any findings on my physical, already had a security clearance, and had good PRT scores, so he didn't see any reason why it wouldn't go off without a hitch. Then again, this is the government, so we shall see.

OS, when did you clear MEPS and the PRT? How long after MEPS did your paperwork get sent up through N3M (I believe that is the correct acronymn; god only knows...)?

Just trying to get a bead on this.

Best dude and keep us posted on that FS.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor

That's what my OR said as well too. I have nothing else to do and they just had to refill in some stuff on my SF-86 but he said I'd likely end up in a January class which is cool with me. He also said I may have to go back to MEPS to do an "inspection." I would just go back to make sure nothing has changed, but wouldn't have to go through that entire process again though.

PJ81

FS SNA
Just got off the phone with my OR. He says I'm in the 6 DEC class, the first I've heard of any December class. FS is there or something he says, he just can't access it yet.