• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 09 Boards

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
You are definitely going to have to keep us posted. Good luck dude!

They said I was squared away and good to go. I did my PRT that afternoon since I was cleared.

99 curl ups
83 push ups
9.03 run

I hope that is evidence enough that I am not getting "too old". :D

AV, any other feedback regarding your age? Did they give you any indicators?

Damn bro! You are OK in my book.

My PRT:

80 Curl-Ups
50 Push-up (Performance Axienty got me, dude was like you know you had another minute right...... I was like shit!)

The run is the funny part....

I was doing about 3 min into a half mile and all the sudden I have to go to the bathroom. Mind you I had already gone at home before the PRT. I was GTFO....

I had to run again right after that. So I basically ran two miles. I did about 11 minutes the second time around for the 1.5 Miles.... I have done 10 Min 1.5 Miles before and even slightly less, but the whole bathroom deal mess me up.... Hahahaha!

I have to do another PRT so I will try to best my numbers...

How much do you weight? and Height?

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
I started this thread over at the FO forum -http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150751

Regarding my H/W, I am 71 inches (5'10) and 165.

Push ups are the weakness for me. I basically go up to 60 and break it down from there; I do ten, front lean rest, ten, front lean rest, five and then just do it until collapse.

It works for me.

You just have to put your head to the grind stone and do them but at a rythum and pace that maximize your numbers. It takes some trial and error but the only way you are going to do it is to train at it.

You can up those numbers for sure dude. Go forth and conquer!

Fly Navy!

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
I started this thread over at the FO forum -http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150751

Regarding my H/W, I am 71 inches (5'10) and 165.

Push ups are the weakness for me. I basically go up to 60 and break it down from there; I do ten, front lean rest, ten, front lean rest, five and then just do it until collapse.

It works for me.

You just have to put your head to the grind stone and do them but at a rythum and pace that maximize your numbers. It takes some trial and error but the only way you are going to do it is to train at it.

You can up those numbers for sure dude. Go forth and conquer!

Fly Navy!

You are one lean SOB.....

Myself, I am about 68 inches and about 197 LBS. Mostly muscle (About 18% or so fat). I have never been an athlete, well unless is bicycling, which I love to do. I did a lot of swimming when younger thought. And I picked up weight lifting as of recently. I can bench-press about 300 LBS (Sets of maybe 8); I have not done my max yet. I have a wide body, my back is extremely wide, I do carry a bit of fat on the front of my abs which I am trying to get rid off.

I did let myself go in college. I was drinking just about every night and I gained upwards of 230 LBS. About two years ago I said screw this, I am unhealthy. So I started to ride my bike again. I could barely do 10 Push-ups about two years ago. I do work long hours and sometimes do not have time to work out, but I now can do 60+ Push-ups in one set. I do sets of 30 until I do about 250+ a day back to back. I have never been a runner, always a biker and running is 10X more extraneous, but I have learned to like it and run about every day for about 2 to 4 miles. I have trained myself to run mostly on the balls of my feet too. Anything can happen with determination. Even if I do not get to fly for any reason, I will always keep my new stay fit and healthy mentality. It just makes the body feel better.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Check your math. :icon_wink Not that it really effects you adversely.

HA! I'm a dumbass.

I'm representing the liberal arts majors... Or at least those who suck at math.

This is a little disconcerting for all the flight school syllabi. :D

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
I can bench-press about 300 LBS (Sets of maybe 8); I have not done my max yet.

Daaamn. Pretty fvcking impressive. I have always been small - did my best to bulk up in college, but am still no where near that. When I started college I was 5'11, 135 lbs. I got up to 170 by the end, but then dropped to 155 when I picked up boxing a few months ago. Now I am about 160 and can only put up 185 a couple times. But, always been a runner so at least I got that part down. I am at around 65 pushups now, but trying to get that up to around 80 before OCS.

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
Daaamn. Pretty fvcking impressive. I have always been small - did my best to bulk up in college, but am still no where near that. When I started college I was 5'11, 135 lbs. I got up to 170 by the end, but then dropped to 155 when I picked up boxing a few months ago. Now I am about 160 and can only put up 185 a couple times. But, always been a runner so at least I got that part down. I am at around 65 pushups now, but trying to get that up to around 80 before OCS.

Yeah I used to be very small until about 16YO, thats when I got a car and stopped cycling for a while and all of the sudden got up to 180, and it was not too much fat.... I just freaking grew. I played quite a bit of soccer in High School. Never been less than 180 ever since.

I will always be at the border line with the wight so I bet they will always have to measure me.... If I keep working out the lean mass will always make me heavier... Just bacause of my width. I am one stocky SOB..... AKA I do not have a runners physisque..... I am not very aerodynamic when it comes to it hahahahaha!

I want to be able to do 70 PU on my second PRT. I can almost manage 65 right now without resting, so I bet I can manage 70+. Sit ups I never really do because push ups take care of the core just fine. I mean I did 80 without any sit up training.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Yeah I used to be very small until about 16YO, thats when I got a car and stopped cycling for a while and all of the sudden got up to 180, and it was not too much fat.... I just freaking grew. I played quite a bit of soccer in High School. Never been less than 180 ever since.

I will always be at the border line with the wight so I bet they will always have to measure me.... If I keep working out the lean mass will always make me heavier... Just bacause of my width. I am one stocky SOB..... AKA I do not have a runners physisque..... I am not very aerodynamic when it comes to it hahahahaha!

I want to be able to do 70 PU on my second PRT. I can almost manage 65 right now without resting, so I bet I can manage 70+. Sit ups I never really do because push ups take care of the core just fine. I mean I did 80 without any sit up training.

HA! You're like a walking brink toolshed. Better than me which can be blown away when someone sneezes. Evidently, it's you dudes that do better with the GLOCK (SP?) training than us lightweights.

I did some lifting for a time at university and what not, but I didn't want to sacrifice the speed for the bulk. Just had to pick. I only do body weight exercises now. Occasionally, I will lift but it's rare.

You consider taking cycling back up again? I cycled at boarding school and loved it. Sold my road bike and my hardtail trail bike. I want to get a trail again but it will have to wait.

You're on the right road and good job with nailing that 80 right off the bat.

Duke, what sort of running do you do? Just wondering.

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
Duke, what sort of running do you do? Just wondering.

I did a little cross country in high school, but mainly it has just been running on my own to keep in shape for soccer. Not a great distance runner anymore - the most I run at a time is 5-6 miles. Usually now I will do 2 miles at about a 7:30 mile pace before I lift, and a 3 or 4 mile run on days off. Right now though I am still trying to build up muscle so I haven't been running as much. I am trying to bulk up a little to increase pushups, but the plan is to slim back down to lose any fat I accumulated in the month or two before OCS.

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
HA! You're like a walking brink toolshed. Better than me which can be blown away when someone sneezes. Evidently, it's you dudes that do better with the GLOCK (SP?) training than us lightweights.

Hahahaha I guess the mass keeps us planted.....!

You consider taking cycling back up again? I cycled at boarding school and loved it. Sold my road bike and my hardtail trail bike. I want to get a trail again but it will have to wait.

I still ride. I have a GT Avalanche Hard Tail and I take it out often. Even at night. I got a set of Night Ryder head lamps and they kick ass!

You're on the right road and good job with nailing that 80 right off the bat.

Yeah I was like WOW....! I did know my abs were that tuned even with all that fat above them... LMAO!

SWOHopeful

I still ride. I have a GT Avalanche Hard Tail and I take it out often. Even at night. I got a set of Night Ryder head lamps and they kick ass!

quote]

I have a Cannondale F7 that I ride from time to time. Been running more lately so I haven't gotten a ride in for a while now.

Viashino684

Final Select SNA

hehe I tried bulking up it doesn't really work for me. Im 5'10 145-150 lbs. When I wrestled in high school I weighed 133.8 lbs at the same height, I was a gosh darn toothpick, but then again I could bench almost 195, and squat 265. I haven't hit the hard weights since then really so thats dropped significantly. Stupid endurance excersizes :p

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Not really. Work has been fucking busy so it has taken my mind off of it (which is a good thing). I was going to call the office this week and attempt to get a SITREP.

Anything for you dude?

Also, didn't realize there were so many cyclists/amateur riders! Good to see.

For any one in the purgatory phase waiting for a FS, what sort of information can you get when you ping your OR/processor for a status?

Just wondering so that I don't call up and ask some jackass question of "where am I in this mess".

As a side note, how many guys do we have from the VA/DC/MD area? I was talking with another guy awaiting FS for intel and we were thinking of doing a beers at some point.

Anyone interested? We can find a location provides an equal travel distance from all of our domiciles. So long as it isn't some random shithole hick town...

PJ81

FS SNA
For any one in the purgatory phase waiting for a FS, what sort of information can you get when you ping your OR/processor for a status?

Just wondering so that I don't call up and ask some jackass question of "where am I in this mess".

Not much. My recruiter says he won't know anything till it comes through, so no status tracking. But thats just me, it seems others seem to be able to get more info.