• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April IDC Boards

exNavyOffRec

And this would go along with what I was told from a Fleet Officer Processer at NRC. As I said in an earlier post, I spoke to her on 30 May and she had not received any notification that the board had convened and asserted that as of the 23rd of May it did not. She wasn't able to tell me whether or not it happened last week or possibly this week though so there's a chance it has convened with results coming out on the 18th. I just wanted to clarify that since until then I had been under the impression it had convened back in April. I have a personal friend whose board convened on a Monday and our CO was called that Friday with his results, so it seemed odd that the results would be in hand but no one knew where they were.

processors frequently have inaccurate information, a recent board had the processors telling applicants the board hadn't met and wasn't scheduled to meet for several weeks and then the results came out a day later.

The 2 people that generally have the accurate information would be NOPO and the Director of OCS accessions, the boards that are not "in house" communicate with one or both of them, they DO NOT communicate with the processors.

It is not uncommon for small designators to hold results if something needs to be verified as far as numbers, given they are small numbers there is less wiggle room than other designators.

LET73

I couldn't get a straight answer out of my recruiter until my orders popped. I had maybe three weeks' notice about going to OCS, and never saw a final select letter. Beyond my experience of waiting for the Intel board I've got nothing helpful to say other than the community manager hasn't forgotten about you.

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
Ok so first post here.... been wanting to posted however registrations were locked out. I have been waiting patiently like the rest of you but I'm also applying for Cyber Warfare Engineer (CWE) which a is slightly different path. Getting a little impatiend because the IDC boards were taking forever I called one of the Active Duty members who works with the community managers (last Friday) to find out about my CWE board and was told at that point that the IDC board had NOT commenced as of MAY 25th. An LT there told me there were reasons but I wasn't able to (and wasn't going to try to) get them from him. The board will still convene if it hasn't within the past 8 days. As far as the July board, that is still scheduled to happen as long as this one doesn't push too much further to the right. Due to resubmitted documents not making their way to my application, I've waited for no reason as it wasn't processed. It's been since corrected and I'm on hot standby for the July board. For everyone in the April board, good luck!
CWE (1840) does "fall under" the IDC community, however they hold separate boards from the mainstream IDC designators. CWE boards are rolling and based upon the number of packages received and then processed... You waiting on the most recent IDC results should have no bearing on your PRO-REC Y or N for the CWE designator. CWE does there own thing, they hold detailed boards with other 1840' s, similar to the SPECWAR/SEAL community when it comes to selecting Officers within their perspective communities.

Last edited:

STG2OCS

CWE (1840) does "fall under" the IDC community, however they hold separate boards from the mainstream IDC designators. CWE boards are rolling and based upon the number of packages received and then processed... You waiting on the most recent IDC results should have no bearing on your PRO-REC Y or N for the CWE designator. CWE does there own thing, they hold detailed boards with other 1840' s, similar to the SPECWAR/SEAL community when it comes to selecting Officers within their perspective communities.

I understand that... I guess I wasn't clear in that I was applying for CWE as well as other options. I was following this board since I also applied for IW & IP. The reason I emailed/talked to the processor was to find out if any progress had been made about the CWE side of my applicaiton. Found out a different processor didn't put 2 resubmitted docs into my application and it had been sitting on a desk for 3 months. Thats since been taken care of so I should have results from both CWE board and the July IDC board within a few months (given that it happens as scheduled).

As far as people not communicating with processors, I'm not sure the actual position of the LT I also spoke with but he had just finished speaking with the community managers. If his and PS1's information is incorrect, then it's incorrect. All I was trying to do is put out information to try to help those who have no contact whatsoever but it seems like quite a few people in this thread got upset over it so good luck with your applicaitons and hope to see some of you in the fleet. I'm out.

mrdrown

Nobody is upset about information. The one flaw with this forum in general is that anyone can post anything. If you follow many threads, you'll notice that there is lots of "my so and so said this" and "I heard this from so and so who knows" and other such comments, many of which have little validity. I'm sure you know what it's like to be waiting, and what it might feel like one day see one piece of "accurate" information and the next day see more "accurate" information that completely contradicts the first. Before you get defensive just understand that there's lots of anxious people on here and any information that is not 100% accurate is going to cause frustration.

exNavyOffRec

Good description on the CWE process.

exNavyOffRec

I understand that... I guess I wasn't clear in that I was applying for CWE as well as other options. I was following this board since I also applied for IW & IP. The reason I emailed/talked to the processor was to find out if any progress had been made about the CWE side of my applicaiton. Found out a different processor didn't put 2 resubmitted docs into my application and it had been sitting on a desk for 3 months. Thats since been taken care of so I should have results from both CWE board and the July IDC board within a few months (given that it happens as scheduled).

As far as people not communicating with processors, I'm not sure the actual position of the LT I also spoke with but he had just finished speaking with the community managers. If his and PS1's information is incorrect, then it's incorrect. All I was trying to do is put out information to try to help those who have no contact whatsoever but it seems like quite a few people in this thread got upset over it so good luck with your applicaitons and hope to see some of you in the fleet. I'm out.

One thing to add to what JoJoGoHard said about CWE, in the past when an application was submitted and thru the QA process it was sent directly to the CWE people and reviewed, they didn't wait for a certain number of applications they were reviewed on a "as rec'd basis" so I would get a notification within a few weeks of it clearing the Program Manager, unfortunately none of my guys rec'd a "come interview" notification.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
CWE has their own seperate board and they go to ODS vice OCS. Also, only folks who went to certain schools accredited by NSA can apply. For my NRD alone, there's only 2 schools (National University and a UC school, forgot which one).

exNavyOffRec

Also, only folks who went to certain schools accredited by NSA can apply. For my NRD alone, there's only 2 schools (National University and a UC school, forgot which one).

That may explain why some of the people I saw submitted receive a pro N, at the time CWE was new and there was little guidance.

mrdrown

Today we (us recruiters) got similar information to what a previous poster mentioned about IDC results, expect them NLT June 13th.
June 13th is when recruiters should expect to see results or that's when they will be released to the active duty applicants? I'm non AD and just wondering when I should start asking my recruiter about results...