• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April IDC Boards

fedman28

I wanted to start a thread for all the people who will be submitting their packets for IDC on the April board so we can share info on what is going on and possibly stay in touch if we get selected all the wat to OCS. Here are my stats not feeling too hopeful, but hey who knows anything can happen right? :)

32, M, 4 years Navy prior
OAR-49
B.S. Criminal Justice/Homeland Security 3.67 GPA
LOR's from RET.O-6, Active O-3, Professors, Past Employers
Multiple Athletics-Football, SwimTeam, Baseball
President of Motorcycle Club for Middle Tennessee State Univ.

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
I'm also applying for the April IDC Board. Hopefully we both make it. Here are my stats:

*27 years old
*OCS application for IW, Intel, SWO IW
*OAR score:52
*Prior Enlisted CTT2(SW)
*Evals: MP, EP, EP, EP

*Mt San Antonio College
AA Social and Behavioral Sciences
GPA: 3.95 Scholastic Honors

*University of California, Los Angeles
B.A. Political Science (International Relations)
GPA: 3.902 Summa Cum Laude (Top 5%)

*LOR: NROTC Professor/Marine 0-4, Navy IWO 0-4, High School Track and Cross Country Coach, Past Employer
*Clubs, Activities: UCLA Latin American Student Association (Political Affairs Chair), UCLA Law Fellows, High School Cross Country and Track (Captain)

loui86dz

It seems like a lot of the people who were selected last time had a masters degree. I'm not sure if that was unique to that board or if thats the norm.

fedman28

yea thats what I heard too but i see people on other threads getting picked up with less so who knows I guess it all depends on how rockin the O' club was the night before.

fedman28

I had one OR tell me that I should just go for Reserve Supply lol talk about crushing your aspirations

mattl02428

Yea my choices were NFO idc and supply so I hope I get picked up for one. Only out supply cuz the wife asked me to

fedman28

To be honest I would be extatic if I got picked up by any I just want to be an Active Duty Naval Officer really dont care what Im doing.

loui86dz

The deadline is almost here. The deadline is March 10th. My package was submitted yesterday, but I almost missed this board because my recruiter told me last friday that the processor wanted another copy of my DD-214 because it wasn't legible. It was legible but I guess the shaded parts were too dark for them to accept it. They recommended that I order a disc from BUPERS or the VA, which would have at least taken a month. Luckily I was able to make my DD-214 more legible by scanning it, turning it into a PDF, and adjusting the color settings. :)

Last edited:

mattl02428

Random question, would being a mason help me out at all. I am one in my local lodge, just curious if that's something they like or does it not matter?