• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April IDC Boards

jcharles

PRO REC Y 11603 SWO-IP 30AUG13
I would suggest AGAINST submitting any sort of reconsideration and just submitting a whole new package. I submitted a reconsideration following the December board (to be reviewed in Feb) but it was shot down by the program manager before it even made it to the board. The worst part is that there was no feedback from the program manager to my CoC, so we had no idea until my name wasn't on any of the Pro-Y/Pro-N lists for the Feb board. I submitted nearly the same package as the reconsideration but as a NEW package (also with more designator options) for the April board and got selected. Take it or leave it but its the same price to submit a new package and its guaranteed to be reviewed at the board.

Congrats on your selection! Now the long wait starts. I got selected last August 2013 and now heading to OCS this August. Again Congrats!

IDC Applicant

Congrats on your selection! Now the long wait starts. I got selected last August 2013 and now heading to OCS this August. Again Congrats!

Wow seriously?! I wonder why its such a long wait. You'd think they would just roll us into the SWO groups considering that's what we'll be doing for 3 1/2 years. Good luck next month!

exNavyOffRec

Wow seriously?! I wonder why its such a long wait. You'd think they would just roll us into the SWO groups considering that's what we'll be doing for 3 1/2 years. Good luck next month!

This is not unusual for IDC applicants, I have seen it ebb and flow, had one that waited 2 years, usually it was the IP and SWO option guys (they all have small numbers). One guy was selected in FY 10, rec'd an FY 10 OCS date, that was pulled, given a late FY 11 OCS date, that was pulled, finally given a very early FY 12 OCS date.

What we were told in this case were two things occurred, that the IDC board over-selected, the IDC board was given quotas and it was like they ignored them, the other was that people getting redesignated at OCS/aviation drops further bumped people out.

There were people given the option to go to board for another designator.

jcharles

Thanks! Hoping that DI's would not pick-on AD/Prior guys at OCS too much.lol I was thinking the same when I got the PRO-Y, that it should be a quick turn around since were going to be a SWO first but I was wrong and actually got a bit worried. I agree with NavyOffRec, for the meantime (just a friendly reminder) try not get hurt or do something silly that would revoke your PRO-Y.

Kayeshorter

Hey guys, I just recently submitted my OCS package for the next round of AMDO, SWO and INTEL Boards this past week. I understand that the next IDC board should be around Mid-September. Also, I guess the Fall AMDO board is not going to be held since they only do one a year, which is kind of a bummer. But, I did the math, and my medical forms should be good until the next round of SWO and INTEL boards, since the forms are only good for 90days. Below are my stats, do they sound competitive?

29 yr Male E-6 ( 5 years active, 5 years selective reserve total service time 10yrs)
Applying for SWO/ Intel/ AMDO (in that order)
4 LORs- Retired SWO O-6, Retired Navy Doctor O-5, Separated O-2 that handles Naval Academy candidates for Southern California, College Mathematics Professor
3 Interviews- O-4 SWO got a 9 on the interview, O-5 INTEL got a 10 on the interview, O-4 AMDO got a 10 on the interview.
Major: B.A in Political Science 3.94 GPA
46 ASTB
Evals: MP, MP, EP, P (because of being a newly capped first class).
Collateral Duties: Command Fitness Leader, LPO for two work center divisions, Plane Captain Qualified.
Awards: NAM, JSOY resulting in CAP to E-6, JSOQ, Good Conduct Medal, EAWS Qualified.
Secret Clearance still current
Submitted Package: June 2014
Pro-Rec: ?????
FS: ?????
OCS: ?????

AE2, I was just selected for INTEL and SWO with what seems like FAR less experience and qualifications than what you bring to the table. I'm not an authority on the matter, but it seems logical to me that if I could get selected, so could you. The only thing you might try to improve is your OAR, from what I've heard the IDC community expects you to be on the high side when it comes to your OAR scores.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks! Hoping that DI's would not pick-on AD/Prior guys at OCS too much.lol I was thinking the same when I got the PRO-Y, that it should be a quick turn around since were going to be a SWO first but I was wrong and actually got a bit worried. I agree with NavyOffRec, for the meantime (just a friendly reminder) try not get hurt or do something silly that would revoke your PRO-Y.

What follows is just a snapshot in time, but I put in several priors right about 1.5 to 2 years ago, they did not have an easier time, they seemed to be expected to know more and pick stuff up quicker, it turns out about the same time they went to OCS a person I was stationed with went to OCS and DOR'd because it was too much.

I am sure there are some priors here that haven't recently been to OCS that could give a better idea of the current climate.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Priors/active duty folks will be expected to train the 22-23 year kids out of college with drill, uniform/room inspections, knowledge, etc.

jcharles

What follows is just a snapshot in time, but I put in several priors right about 1.5 to 2 years ago, they did not have an easier time, they seemed to be expected to know more and pick stuff up quicker, it turns out about the same time they went to OCS a person I was stationed with went to OCS and DOR'd because it was too much.

I am sure there are some priors here that haven't recently been to OCS that could give a better idea of the current climate.

@NavyOffRec @RUFiO181 I'm already expecting the worst. Above post is just a wishfull thinking.lol How they want to treat AD/priors is beyond my control. All I know is the easiest way to get out of OCS is to earn my butter bars.

AE2ENSIGN

AE2, I was just selected for INTEL and SWO with what seems like FAR less experience and qualifications than what you bring to the table. I'm not an authority on the matter, but it seems logical to me that if I could get selected, so could you. The only thing you might try to improve is your OAR, from what I've heard the IDC community expects you to be on the high side when it comes to your OAR scores.

Hello, I am not betting on an INTEL selection, because I know that the selection rates are extremely low. Also, I understand that the OAR is a little on the low side, but, I am not great at taking standardized tests. I took it the first time and cut a 37. The second time around I studied pretty much all of the gouge that was on this site under the ASTB forum. I also ordered additional books on Physics and Math and paid about 600.00 dollars for a month of tutoring on math and physics. I studied for 3.5 months from Mid-December to April and cut a 46. So, standardized tests are not for me. However, I am hoping that the board considers my OCS package in its entirety. I guess all I can do is wait on the board results and see what happens.

Last edited: