• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April IDC Boards

Kayeshorter

So from what you guys are saying, I shouldn't expect to hear back regarding my INTEL application until mid-June?

Sache and Connie, I'm in the same boat as you guys, I completely understand the struggle. Every week I wait means MORE time spent twiddling my thumbs! Lets hope for the best though, if you bow out now and take the SWO position you might regret limiting yourself in the future.

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
So from what you guys are saying, I shouldn't expect to hear back regarding my INTEL application until mid-June?

Sache and Connie, I'm in the same boat as you guys, I completely understand the struggle. Every week I wait means MORE time spent twiddling my thumbs! Lets hope for the best though, if you bow out now and take the SWO position you might regret limiting yourself in the future.

We realistically shouldn't expect to receive the IDC results until around June 23-June 27. If the IDC community passes the results to NRC on the June 18th (Wednesday), NRC would probably spend Thursday and Friday reviewing the results and would release them to the fleet on friday or the following week. Civilians would most likely wait until Monday. Hopefully the IDC community doesn't need until the 18th and turns them in earlier than expected.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

My conundrum is if I bow out my application for Intel and choose SWO, I'd be in the back of the line for getting my FS letter. Guess long wait either way. :(

people have been know to wait a very long time after a pro Y for an OCS date, I have seen people wait 2 years, another person just posted they rec'd an OCS date for August and they were pro Y last August, so back of the line for SWO could still be sooner than front of the line for IDC.

STG2OCS

Ok so first post here.... been wanting to posted however registrations were locked out. I have been waiting patiently like the rest of you but I'm also applying for Cyber Warfare Engineer (CWE) which a is slightly different path. Getting a little impatiend because the IDC boards were taking forever I called one of the Active Duty members who works with the community managers (last Friday) to find out about my CWE board and was told at that point that the IDC board had NOT commenced as of MAY 25th. An LT there told me there were reasons but I wasn't able to (and wasn't going to try to) get them from him. The board will still convene if it hasn't within the past 8 days. As far as the July board, that is still scheduled to happen as long as this one doesn't push too much further to the right. Due to resubmitted documents not making their way to my application, I've waited for no reason as it wasn't processed. It's been since corrected and I'm on hot standby for the July board. For everyone in the April board, good luck!

exNavyOffRec

Ok so first post here.... been wanting to posted however registrations were locked out. I have been waiting patiently like the rest of you but I'm also applying for Cyber Warfare Engineer (CWE) which a is slightly different path. Getting a little impatiend because the IDC boards were taking forever I called one of the Active Duty members who works with the community managers (last Friday) to find out about my CWE board and was told at that point that the IDC board had NOT commenced as of MAY 25th. An LT there told me there were reasons but I wasn't able to (and wasn't going to try to) get them from him. The board will still convene if it hasn't within the past 8 days. As far as the July board, that is still scheduled to happen as long as this one doesn't push too much further to the right. Due to resubmitted documents not making their way to my application, I've waited for no reason as it wasn't processed. It's been since corrected and I'm on hot standby for the July board. For everyone in the April board, good luck!

CWE is hard to get into, it would be quite an accomplishment to make it into a designator like CWE.

STG2OCS

CWE is hard to get into, it would be quite an accomplishment to make it into a designator like CWE.
I understand... I have a background In comp development with 17 languages a 4 os's but the reason I'm excited is that I was told that there are 3 quotas available and only 3 applicants at this time.... And that's for FY14. Some other communities are in FY15 so cwe is playing catchup due to lack of applicants (or so PS1 said)

exNavyOffRec

I understand... I have a background In comp development with 17 languages a 4 os's but the reason I'm excited is that I was told that there are 3 quotas available and only 3 applicants at this time.... And that's for FY14. Some other communities are in FY15 so cwe is playing catchup due to lack of applicants (or so PS1 said)

CWE has not met their goal before even though they had qualified applicants, but if you get called for an interview with the 10th fleet admiral then you should have a good shot!

mrdrown

The contradicting information here is frustrating. NOPO clearly stated his sources told him the board had convened and been completed, and now other sources are saying it hasn't convened. For all of us attempting to wait patiently, it would be great if information were not posted unless it was valid, trustworthy, 100% for sure definitely without a doubt accurate information. Clearly, both sources can't be correct. I'm sure most of us would prefer to wait with no information at all rather than speculated information.

Connie

I was curious to see if any April board applicants have been contacted for background checks? My dad has a few former ORs that work for them and they both told me to contact my OR and see if my medical and security clearances were completed in order to speed up the process for a final select letter. My OR said everything was good to go but I'm seeing that a few pilot selectees are having interviews done, which I never had. I did have a secret clearance at one point for an internship though....

Also, if anyone else has a PRO- Y (I've been pro Y for SWO for some time) and you don't have full time employment, what are you doing while you wait? Since I'm reading that some people have had to wait a full year to go, I'm now debating if I should re-start applying for full time professional employment instead of the part time jobs I've been taking.

Fingers crossed we get some information this week!

I was contacted as was most of my former employers, schools, and friends about my
security clearance in late March, but that might be because I move a lot and had overseas experience for work and school.

As for the second part, due to the waiting period between pro-y and fin-s, I am having to apply for professional positions
to make ends meet for the short term.

Sache

I had an interview with an agent back in Jan/February when my application got submitted for the rolling SWO board. Agents/officers interviewed all of my friends, family, associates, neighbors. He told me the less I hear from him the better...so I'm assuming I'm good. My OR I had when I first started my journey last summer retired in May. ...think he was going to take the processor position. I have a new OR, but I haven't really talked to him much.

I'm currently working full-time, didn't re-up on my apartment lease. Staying with a friend for a week to get another paycheck/fulfill my 2 week notice then heading back to my hometown and stay with my dad for a while. Might go back to tutoring to kill time...having been weight training Need to brush up on my swimming too.

Connie

Does anyone know if contact or lack of contact for security clearances indicative of a potential result? I haven't even been contacted for a background check since I was pro-Y for SWO a few months back. It may be bc of my prior clearance or the fact I haven't lived in very many places (think I only had 4-5 addresses since I stayed in the same apartments during my stints in school). Trying not to overthink things but I definitely want to make sure I do everything I can to possibly help move getting my final select date quicker.

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
The contradicting information here is frustrating. NOPO clearly stated his sources told him the board had convened and been completed, and now other sources are saying it hasn't convened. For all of us attempting to wait patiently, it would be great if information were not posted unless it was valid, trustworthy, 100% for sure definitely without a doubt accurate information. Clearly, both sources can't be correct. I'm sure most of us would prefer to wait with no information at all rather than speculated information.

NOPO told me June 18th. He works at NRC and the IDC community gave him that update. NOPO is the most reliable source of information on this website, and I'm pretty sure that's why everyone bombards him with questions on his thread. I'm sure there are people on here who would want to know that the board results are going to be pushed back a few weeks so that they don't have to wait in anticipation for the results everyday.

STG2OCS

NOPO told me June 18th. He works at NRC and the IDC community gave him that update. NOPO is the most reliable source of information on this website, and I'm pretty sure that's why everyone bombards him with questions on his thread. I'm sure there are people on here who would want to know that the board results are going to be pushed back a few weeks so that they don't have to wait in anticipation for the results everyday.

And this would go along with what I was told from a Fleet Officer Processer at NRC. As I said in an earlier post, I spoke to her on 30 May and she had not received any notification that the board had convened and asserted that as of the 23rd of May it did not. She wasn't able to tell me whether or not it happened last week or possibly this week though so there's a chance it has convened with results coming out on the 18th. I just wanted to clarify that since until then I had been under the impression it had convened back in April. I have a personal friend whose board convened on a Monday and our CO was called that Friday with his results, so it seemed odd that the results would be in hand but no one knew where they were.

mrdrown

"As much as I hate to say it, yes, we are still waiting for the IDC community to provide NRC the results from the most recent (delayed) IDC board. As of today, 21May, the board is complete but the results being tabulated and once that is done, the results will be signed out by the IDC community leadership and FINALLY provided to NRC. Once we get them, it takes us about 2 days to review the results for completion and accuracy and push the results to the Fleet commands via BUPERS Online. Then once that is done, we push the results to the NRDs for the non-fleet applicants. We are pushing the community hard to get us the results - but we (unfortunately) have to wait for them to get around to providing us the results. Sorry for the delay. We want to get them almost as badly as you guys want to get them."

That was a post from NOPO on the 21st. As you can see, it is clearly stated that, as of the 21st, the board is complete. So this does not go along with what the fleet processor you spoke with said about the board not convening yet. One says the board is complete on the 21st, and the other is saying it hadn't been started as of the 30th. Obviously, one of them has incorrect information. That, or someone has misunderstood/interpreted what they said.