• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April IDC Boards

exNavyOffRec

Pretty much don't take with a grain of salt what the board schedule says. Those schedules are released months ago and so many circumstances can change since then.

We were always told those dates were place holders, and that they could be cancelled at any time, they preferred to cancel rather than add last minute.

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
How many people are normally picked up for IW and Intel during each board?

Specifically referencing the IW (18100) side of the house, the board selected 14 AD IW's on the December 2nd IDC board and I believe 10 AD IW's on the February board... Of the 14 from the December board I believe only 5/6 have received there FS letters for the April 6th and April 27th classes... The rest of us are still patiently awaiting the infamous F/S, again this is only for IW selects... This is more stressful than waiting for board results, but I remain optimistic...

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
Specifically referencing the IW (18100) side of the house, the board selected 14 AD IW's on the December 2nd IDC board and I believe 10 AD IW's on the February board... Of the 14 from the December board I believe only 5/6 have received there FS letters for the April 6th and April 27th classes... The rest of us are still patiently awaiting the infamous F/S, again this is only for IW selects... This is more stressful than waiting for board results, but I remain optimistic...
In addition to the AD selectees, someone said there were 0 and 2 non-AD Pro Rec Y's for IW at the Dec 13 and Feb 14 boards, respectively, including myself as one of the 2. Personally I find the FS waiting to be much less stressful than the board waiting, but that might be my non-AD perspective.

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda

As a prior enlisted CTT, is the board going to compare my package with AD or non-AD? Or are all packages compared with one another? I'm just wondering because it looks like a lot more active duty applicants make it through.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

As a prior enlisted CTT, is the board going to compare my package with AD or non-AD? Or are all packages compared with one another? I'm just wondering because it looks like a lot more active duty applicants make it through.

All applications are compared against each other, now the weight that is given will change, so the senior member may give more weight to AD than non AD, you may be in the middle, but if the AD member decides he wants to pick most from AD then that is what happens.

exNavyOffRec

This says to me that they are close or very close to filling FY14 with those selected on your board, it will be interesting to see if some start getting FY 15 dates.

It is probably like watching paint dry, but no longer how long it takes it will dry and you will get that OCS date :)

chihon fung

Hello,

First time candidate for 1830 intel.

Clearance: TS-SCI
Awards: 3 NAMs, 3 good conduct, battle E, 2 humanitarian, exped GWOT, 2x GWOT, 5 sea, 6 overseas, national defense, pistol sharp, and rifle sharp
Language: Chinese and Japanese
GPA: 3.26 Information Systems B.S.
OAR: 47
11 Year AD, first class (SW/IDW)
Eval: transfer EP, new guy MP, and new first P

Interview Appraisal: O-6, O-6, and O-5 all on the left side between 7-10.
CO recommendation: All outstanding with one excellent.
LORs: none

I didn't have time for LORs, but working on LORs and LOEs should I not get picked up. What is a good number to have? I know Air Force limits it to five.

And now we all play the waiting game, your move IDC board.

exNavyOffRec

Hello,

Awards: 3 NAMs, 3 good conduct, battle E, 2 humanitarian, exped GWOT, 2x GWOT, 5 sea, 6 overseas, national defense, pistol sharp, and rifle sharp

I didn't have time for LORs, but working on LORs and LOEs should I not get picked up. What is a good number to have? I know Air Force limits it to five.

should you not get picked up you should look at applying for anything you still meet the age limit for if your #1 goal is to be a USN officer.

chihon fung

should you not get picked up you should look at applying for anything you still meet the age limit for if your #1 goal is to be a USN officer.

NavyOffRec,

I am applying for Intel for the next 3-4 boards because I have the time. I wouldn't mind being an IWO or SWO, but I want to fight for my #1 pick.

Also thank you for all your support and time in replying back to these forums. I have been back tracking all the threads and see you a lot.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

I am applying for Intel for the next 3-4 boards because I have the time. I wouldn't mind being an IWO or SWO, but I want to fight for my #1 pick.

Also thank you for all your support and time in replying back to these forums. I have been back tracking all the threads and see you a lot.

If you don't get picked up on the first shot the odds decrease drastically (does not apply for aviation), I have seen people apply over and over again for the same designator and then they age out.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
The GPA is a bit on the lower than average side, but I say give it a shot anyway. If you don't get selected there's the possibility of getting your second or third choices. In the worst case, you might want to consider the path of least resistance to becoming an officer.

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
Hello,

Your stats look very similar to what mine were and I was selected my first time up... Granted each situation is different but in your defense you have two more years of Naval experience under your belt and a higher GPA than what I had... Definitely submit for your first choice. There is no instruction for the maximum number of LOR's or Officer Appraisal Sheets (NAVCRUIT 1131/5 Rev 05-2011) an applicant can submit with there package. How ever you do not want to "over saturate" the board members. As a reference I submitted a total of 7. Good luck with you OCS journey

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
How long does it normally take for people to be ProRec'd? The IDC board is on April 14th. Should we expect to be notified around the first or second week of May?

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
How long does it normally take for people to be ProRec'd? The IDC board is on April 14th. Should we expect to be notified around the first or second week of May?
I was notified about my status about 10 days after the board, but from reading some of the threads, it seems like it varies from board to board and from recruiter to recruiter.