• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April IDC Boards

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
Deadline was today...applied for Intel and IW. :eek:

Sache I see that you got accepted into the SWO community already. Congrats! It must be nice knowing that you already got accepted into your second choice if IDC doesn't work out for you. I went all in on IDC: IW, Intel, SWO-IW. I was going to add SWO to my packet, but I was under the impression that they would not look at your packet if SWO wasn't your first choice.

Sache

Sache I see that you got accepted into the SWO community already. Congrats! It must be nice knowing that you already got accepted into your second choice if IDC doesn't work out for you. I went all in on IDC: IW, Intel, SWO-IW. I was going to add SWO to my packet, but I was under the impression that they would not look at your packet if SWO wasn't your first choice.

Appreciate it...what is the difference between IW and SWO-IW?

loui86dz

Appreciate it...what is the difference between IW and SWO-IW?

From what I've heard, the difference is that as a SWO-IW you start your career as a SWO and are assigned to a ship. You are moved to IW once you earn your Surface Warfare pin and complete around 3 years on a ship. According to NavyOffRec, it gives the IW community a bit of diversity and allows the SWO community to have a JO without worrying about manning later on. SWO-IW is usually more competitive than IW. SWO IW usually has single digit numbers each year (2-6). You also don't transfer into IW because you were already accepted into it as a SWO-IW. SWO-IW is also its own designator so it won't change to IW or something else.

Last edited:

loui86dz

Sache, what are your stats? I'm asking so that people who apply to future boards have a better understanding of what the Navy is or isn't looking for when the results come out.

Sache

Sache, what are your stats? I'm asking so that people who apply to future boards have a better understanding of what the Navy is or isn't looking for when the results come out.

23/M
B.S. Math major / Psych minor 3.2
3 clubs I listed... Model UN, and two other charitable groups
3 LOR from Navy and AF buds and a Math Professor
No tickets or citations ever
49, 3,4,3 ( Was told flight portion wasn't needed..so I just clicked through)
Motivation statement I revised like 5 times and had a English professor proof it.

Nothing fancy...maybe below average from what I've seen around here. :eek:

loui86dz

23/M
B.S. Math major / Psych minor 3.2
3 clubs I listed... Model UN, and two other charitable groups
3 LOR from Navy and AF buds and a Math Professor
No tickets or citations ever
49, 3,4,3 ( Was told flight portion wasn't needed..so I just clicked through)
Motivation statement I revised like 5 times and had a English professor proof it.

Nothing fancy...maybe below average from what I've seen around here. :eek:

Your degree will help. I think Math majors are desired in the IDC community. You should have as good a shot as everyone else who has posted on here. The people with Masters degrees and Phd's will probably stand out more though. Are you prior enlisted?

Sache

Your degree will help. I think Math majors are desired in the IDC community. You should have as good a shot as everyone else who has posted on here. The people with Masters degrees and Phd's will probably stand out more though. Are you prior enlisted?

Civilian

loui86dz

So I looked at the old board schedule and it looks like the IDC board is on April 14th and its to pick up any remaining fiscal year 14 quotas and part of the FY15 quotas. Does anybody know if this information is still valid. I get the feeling that they might only be looking for FY15.

mrdrown

My recruiter said its likely they filled the rest of 14 spots with the February board. So we'd be starting fresh with 15 which means the earliest any selects would be headed to OCS would be July.

exNavyOffRec

So I looked at the old board schedule and it looks like the IDC board is on April 14th and its to pick up any remaining fiscal year 14 quotas and part of the FY15 quotas. Does anybody know if this information is still valid. I get the feeling that they might only be looking for FY15.

On the other thread RUFi0181 had put out that they had already been selecting for FY15 at the last board, many of those selected in Dec still have no word on OCS dates some are saying they are getting dates in April and May.

loui86dz

On the other thread RUFi0181 had put out that they had already been selecting for FY15 at the last board, many of those selected in Dec still have no word on OCS dates some are saying they are getting dates in April and May.

How many people are normally picked up for IW and Intel during each board? It looked like they chose a lot of people during the last board, but I guess not all of those people were meant to fill FY 14 slots. If they are only looking to fill F15 slots in the April board, does that mean that we should expect to see less people selected than in the FEB board.

exNavyOffRec

How many people are normally picked up for IW and Intel during each board? It looked like they chose a lot of people during the last board, but I guess not all of those people were meant to fill FY 14 slots. If they are only looking to fill F15 slots in the April board, does that mean that we should expect to see less people selected than in the FEB board.

You really can't look at each board with small designators, it depends on how many per FY they need, it also depends how many were pro Y and then how many then go on to get FS letters, AD are generally pretty close to near guarantee to get a FS letter, non AD are not as they could have an issue with N3M. They allow for a space between boards to figure this out, and NRC can only select a percentage of the next FY quotas without the accession plan being signed (I believe it is 25-50%) so depending on what happened last board will dictate what happens for future board.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Pretty much don't take with a grain of salt what the board schedule says. Those schedules are released months ago and so many circumstances can change since then.