• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April IDC Boards

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
Random question, would being a mason help me out at all. I am one in my local lodge, just curious if that's something they like or does it not matter?

Are you talking about being a Freemason? If so, I don't think it would help unless you had some sort of leadership position in it or if you did some sort of community service. Aren't they also secretive though? I'm not sure how you would explain your experience in it. Then again who knows. I'm not sure how many freemasons are in the military.

Last edited:

mattl02428

Are you talking about being a Freemason? If so, I don't think it would help unless you had some sort of leadership position in it or if you did some sort of community service. Aren't they also secretive though? I'm not sure how you would explain your experience in it. Then again who knows. I'm not sure how many freemasons are in the military.
Yea I am. Just thought it may look good

fedman28

Well guys im probably going to miss the April board I too had to get another CD from BUPERS which is still not here. The one i gave my OR months ago evidently didnt have all my EVALS on it so we had to order another one :( maybe the June board....sometimes I really hate substandard OR's

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
Well guys im probably going to miss the April board I too had to get another CD from BUPERS which is still not here. The one i gave my OR months ago evidently didnt have all my EVALS on it so we had to order another one :( maybe the June board....sometimes I really hate substandard OR's

Damn that sucks fedman28. I don't get why the recruiters or processors wait until its close to the deadline to let you know that there is something wrong with your package. I don't get why all of your evaluations weren't on the last disc. Hopefully you don't get the same result with the next disc. Did they tell you how many EVALS you were missing?

fedman28

Yea this OR is crap he has the disc for 3 months and never bothered to look at it , the disc was dated 10/2005 and I was discharged 02/2006 so im assuming I was missing probably 2 EVALS

mrdrown

I am submitting for this board after getting a Pro-N for the recent Supply board... hoping for better results this time.

29 years old
Masters in Education 3.8 gpa
BA in Communications 2.8gpa
OAR-51
5 years professional experience as a teacher
President of a youth soccer club, vice president of a riding club, grade level chair for school leadership and improvement team
marathon runner, masters swimmer, world and national champion equestrian exhibitor
Several personal and professional LOR's
3 Interviews. Two with O-6's (scored 9/10 on both) One with an O-7 (scored 10/10)

exNavyOffRec

I am submitting for this board after getting a Pro-N for the recent Supply board... hoping for better results this time.

29 years old
Masters in Education 3.8 gpa
BA in Communications 2.8gpa
OAR-51
5 years professional experience as a teacher
President of a youth soccer club, vice president of a riding club, grade level chair for school leadership and improvement team
marathon runner, masters swimmer, world and national champion equestrian exhibitor
Several personal and professional LOR's
3 Interviews. Two with O-6's (scored 9/10 on both) One with an O-7 (scored 10/10)

You were probably a N because you are passed the max age for Supply.

mrdrown

Since you probably remember me messaging you, yes, that was a concern. That said, my recruiter assured me it was looked in to. Additionally, I was told that if my application had any disqualifying factors it would have been pro-X'd rather than actually reviewed. With such a low selection rate, there could have been several reasons I wasn't selected. Moot point as I wasn't selected and no matter the reason I was disappointed. Right now I'm just looking forward to another opportunity to get reviewed, and hoping for the best.

exNavyOffRec

Since you probably remember me messaging you, yes, that was a concern. That said, my recruiter assured me it was looked in to. Additionally, I was told that if my application had any disqualifying factors it would have been pro-X'd rather than actually reviewed. With such a low selection rate, there could have been several reasons I wasn't selected. Moot point as I wasn't selected and no matter the reason I was disappointed. Right now I'm just looking forward to another opportunity to get reviewed, and hoping for the best.

It really depends who catches the age issue, I had people submit that were close but due to board delays they were caught by the board, I also had people that should have been ok but due to an FY being closed there was no way they would get to OCS in time, the board generally only does Y or N, before the board you usually just get "X"

you gave it a shot.

Spookcumber

Yea this OR is crap he has the disc for 3 months and never bothered to look at it , the disc was dated 10/2005 and I was discharged 02/2006 so im assuming I was missing probably 2 EVALS

Just curious. . . why didn't YOU look at it? Considering you were AD I would think that would be something that you should be checking for. . . "Take charge of your career".

exNavyOffRec

Just curious. . . why didn't YOU look at it? Considering you were AD I would think that would be something that you should be checking for. . . "Take charge of your career".

with my prior applicants the CD was sent directly to me to cut down on time, but then again I would actually look at the CD

fedman28

In addition to that IS1 I have a MAC and these CD are only compatible with PC and I didt exactly know what he needed off of the CD untill he told me what he couldnt find. Hopefuly we will get the new one before the 10th :)