• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

ahli482

Let me know how they fit, I see on Amazon they have normal and wide like most boots but didn’t know how narrow the normal ones are. The reviews say to order a size down but I’d like to know before I drop two hundo.
check facebook marketplace, I scored a brand new black pair of belleville 800st from someone on base for $50

Prox

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Let me know how they fit, I see on Amazon they have normal and wide like most boots but didn’t know how narrow the normal ones are. The reviews say to order a size down but I’d like to know before I drop two hundo.
The fit is pretty weird. I’m normally a 9.5-10 and in the 9’s it feels like there’s enough space that my heel lifts up inside the boot which is NOT a good thing for boots to be running in. I could probably stick a different insole in and take up a bit of space but I ordered 8.5’s to see how they will fit and will just return the other pair since Amazon makes it easy.

FWIW, the black Fox River boot socks are on sale at the moment on Amazon as well.

Enigma

How strict is fraternization? If you already had friends that enlisted in the military of different branches, can you still hang out after commissioning?

exNavyOffRec

How strict is fraternization? If you already had friends that enlisted in the military of different branches, can you still hang out after commissioning?
There are several senior officers on here that can give their thoughts and the official view. I can tell you that from my experience those I knew that became commissioned didn't hang out with those that were currently still enlisted. In one case a fellow CPO was commissioned as an LDO, he lived near several of those he and I served with at our previous command, they would still get together for cookouts with the families until one of the officers he currently served with found out, he then had to go have a conversation with his CO and after that he no longer was at the get togethers.

pcola478

Congratulations to all the Pro Rec Ys! So exciting and motivating to read your stories.
I've been so torn throughout this entire process whether I should apply to the 3 Nov board as just SNA or SNA/SNFO. I am 30 and feel like I am running out of time, so that's why I'm leaning toward FO as a second choice... I'd rather be picked up than not at all, and run out of time. However, this board has me thinking maybe I do have a chance at SNA. Really having a hard time with this. I understand it's a personal decision but if anybody has any two cents for me I would appreciate all of the insight.
Also still confused on how GPA is determined because my degree did not count any of the transfer credits (and I have A LOT of them) - if those were included, GPA would probably be a tad bit higher. If it weren't for my GPA, I'd think I would stand a solid chance with my scores.

eranger24

Congratulations to all the Pro Rec Ys! So exciting and motivating to read your stories.
I've been so torn throughout this entire process whether I should apply to the 3 Nov board as just SNA or SNA/SNFO. I am 30 and feel like I am running out of time, so that's why I'm leaning toward FO as a second choice... I'd rather be picked up than not at all, and run out of time. However, this board has me thinking maybe I do have a chance at SNA. Really having a hard time with this. I understand it's a personal decision but if anybody has any two cents for me I would appreciate all of the insight.
Also still confused on how GPA is determined because my degree did not count any of the transfer credits (and I have A LOT of them) - if those were included, GPA would probably be a tad bit higher. If it weren't for my GPA, I'd think I would stand a solid chance with my scores.
If there’s one thing I learned from this process it’s that it is LONG. And getting Pro-rec N is quit defeating and time consuming. If you would be okay with being an NFO I would put it at your #2 without question. But if you only want to be Pilot then I would just put SNA and that’s a gamble you have to take. Good luck!

pcola478

If there’s one thing I learned from this process it’s that it is LONG. And getting Pro-rec N is quit defeating and time consuming. If you would be okay with being an NFO I would put it at your #2 without question. But if you only want to be Pilot then I would just put SNA and that’s a gamble you have to take. Good luck!
Thank you!

Cajun

SNA ProRecY
Congratulations to everyone receiving a Pro-Rec Y! So happy for you all! Long time quiet applicant here (since 2020). For me, it is a gut wrenching feeling looking at the results from this board. My package was kicked back from this board because my recruiter/processor failed to check my package throughly and missed that my medical that had expired a couple days before the board convened. No one bothered to tell me until I asked my recruiter for confirmation that my name was at the board. So basically, I was SOL from what I was told. Also he/she forgot to submit my letters of recommendation along with everything else.

These types of errors and more have been an ongoing issue with every recruiter I’ve had, causing delays in applying in a 3 year tenure. It is almost unimaginable of what’s transpired to this point but I never gave up because I want this opportunity so badly. I know people make mistakes but when it has happened to me several times, it is very frustrating when I worked hard to be a competitive applicant. Don’t get me wrong, I have had to jump through some hoops on my own end but I stayed resilient throughout the process. I’m not looking sympathy, advice is definitely welcomed, but man it really sucks to be in this position and it feels so discouraging that this keeps happening to me with a decent package.

Again, congrats to everyone! I wish you all the best of luck. On to the next board for me for a hopeful SNA selection, again.
Feel your pain bro, last few days have been rough. I was sent to board in May despite hours of conversation with my recruiter about submitting to July. Called my recruiter Monday to discuss the game plan for my next submission only to find out my recruiter is back in the fleet and no one at the recruiting office even knows I exist. Starting from scratch right now preparing for November board.

exNavyOffRec

First @eranger24 is spot on.

They will take all the transcripts of the schools you went to and take your total number of gpa points earned and then divide by gpa credits attempted to get your GPA, this goes on the GPA calculation sheet. Your graduating GPA will go on the front of the application.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Feel your pain bro, last few days have been rough. I was sent to board in May despite hours of conversation with my recruiter about submitting to July. Called my recruiter Monday to discuss the game plan for my next submission only to find out my recruiter is back in the fleet and no one at the recruiting office even knows I exist. Starting from scratch right now preparing for November board.
If its any consolation, I was put in a similar situation. My recruiter was 95% done with my packet when he transferred somewhere else. Despite telling me he would help during the transition, he gave the new recruiter essentially nothing on my packet so I had to restart from zero. Communicating on the phone got me nowhere. I ended up taking a day off from work to go into the recruiter's office and we were able to complete my packet in a few hours (excluding a couple documents). If you are able to, I highly recommend meeting with your recruiter in person and knock out as much of the packet as possible.

Cajun

SNA ProRecY
If its any consolation, I was put in a similar situation. My recruiter was 95% done with my packet when he transferred somewhere else. Despite telling me he would help during the transition, he gave the new recruiter essentially nothing on my packet so I had to restart from zero. Communicating on the phone got me nowhere. I ended up taking a day off from work to go into the recruiter's office and we were able to complete my packet in a few hours (excluding a couple documents). If you are able to, I highly recommend meeting with your recruiter in person and knock out as much of the packet as possible.
Yep, I actually got my packet prepared when I took my ASTB and I did it with the civilian officer processor who basically runs things. Even though my recruiter and I put all my documentation together in an in person meeting months before the processor had basically nothing the day of my ASTB so we did it from scratch. Hopefully he still has all of it from my May submission. Hearing all these stories about piss poor recruiters is really disheartening. As if this process wasn’t tricky enough, having recruiters who could care less in charge of submitting your stuff correctly is sketchy to say the least.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Yep, I actually got my packet prepared when I took my ASTB and I did it with the civilian officer processor who basically runs things. Even though my recruiter and I put all my documentation together in an in person meeting months before the processor had basically nothing the day of my ASTB so we did it from scratch. Hopefully he still has all of it from my May submission. Hearing all these stories about piss poor recruiters is really disheartening. As if this process wasn’t tricky enough, having recruiters who could care less in charge of submitting your stuff correctly is sketchy to say the least.
I totally agree. I don't want to feed into any negativity, but the Navy has been the most frustrating service branch to work with by far. The first Navy recruiter I had was an LT who was far more concerned with getting their masters than helping me. Dereliction of duty aside, I ended up working with a civilian officer processor instead who was great. The second one I worked with could not have been more indifferent to my situation. They straight up told me we were not going to submit for a board because they SNAs were not being selected (which they were) and then left (situation described in the previous comment). Finally, my current recruiter has been a mostly good, but a paperwork holdup caused me to miss the previous board's submission cutoff despite having everything else ready over a month prior. That was a massive kick in the balls.