• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

BattlingTrain

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Anyone else having a hard time getting a date for MEPS? Still 2 months from the packet deadline so I'm not overly concerned but it's been over a month. Recruiter said the paperwork is in and we're just waiting on a date from MEPS. Just curious if it's a here problem or happening everywhere.

FlyingGamecock

Anyone else having a hard time getting a date for MEPS? Still 2 months from the packet deadline so I'm not overly concerned but it's been over a month. Recruiter said the paperwork is in and we're just waiting on a date from MEPS. Just curious if it's a here problem or happening everywhere.
Might depend where you’re at. I did mine at Fort Jackson in Columbia, SC and it was surprising quick. Like a week from when I said I was ready to go.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Nope. I had my physical over a year ago now. My recuiter has been MIA though, so my I can’t even finish my packet.

BattlingTrain

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Aviation recruiter has to be the easiest job in the military right now haha. Zero effort put forward and quotas will always be hit

gtownjake

Anyone else having a hard time getting a date for MEPS?
As others have maybe said, it’s likely up to your region. I was able to get into MEPS literally whenever I wanted/could. MAYBE 2 weeks out at most, but I did it and then took the ASTB the next day at the same location.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA

It’s all about the paperwork. It takes them a long time to process the paperwork. Once your paperwork checks out then they’ll see you. It took me a month or so for them to read my paperwork. Then after like 3 months for me to hear back on what they needed.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
It’s all about the paperwork. It takes them a long time to process the paperwork. Once your paperwork checks out then they’ll see you. It took me a month or so for them to read my paperwork. Then after like 3 months for me to hear back on what they needed.

If you had to submit medical documents also, they quote like 1 business day per 5 pages. It’s like 1 week per 5 pages

BattlingTrain

SNA Pro-Rec Y
If you had to submit medical documents also, they quote like 1 business day per 5 pages. It’s like 1 week per 5 pages
I didn't have any paperwork but I'm prior enlisted so they likely had to request my medical records from the Army so that's probably the hold up. Thanks for the insight.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I didn't have any paperwork but I'm prior enlisted so they likely had to request my medical records from the Army so that's probably the hold up. Thanks for the insight.

Shouldn’t be too long of a hold up. The Marine corps could get my med stuff from the Navy same day. Someone probably forgot to do something which happened to me like 10 times… Said it was getting done but never requested it…

BattlingTrain

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Shouldn’t be too long of a hold up. The Marine corps could get my med stuff from the Navy same day. Someone probably forgot to do something which happened to me like 10 times… Said it was getting done but never requested it…
Ohhh the joys of dealing with the military healthcare system