• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

UpdateNFAAS

PRO REC Y SNFO
Contributor
I totally agree. I don't want to feed into any negativity, but the Navy has been the most frustrating service branch to work with by far. The first Navy recruiter I had was an LT who was far more concerned with getting their masters than helping me. Dereliction of duty aside, I ended up working with a civilian officer processor instead who was great. The second one I worked with could not have been more indifferent to my situation. They straight up told me we were not going to submit for a board because they SNAs were not being selected (which they were) and then left (situation described in the previous comment). Finally, my current recruiter has been a mostly good, but a paperwork holdup caused me to miss the previous board's submission cutoff despite having everything else ready over a month prior. That was a massive kick in the balls.
Did you ever receive your record check?

Cajun

SNA ProRecY
I totally agree. I don't want to feed into any negativity, but the Navy has been the most frustrating service branch to work with by far. The first Navy recruiter I had was an LT who was far more concerned with getting their masters than helping me. Dereliction of duty aside, I ended up working with a civilian officer processor instead who was great. The second one I worked with could not have been more indifferent to my situation. They straight up told me we were not going to submit for a board because they SNAs were not being selected (which they were) and then left (situation described in the previous comment). Finally, my current recruiter has been a mostly good, but a paperwork holdup caused me to miss the previous board's submission cutoff despite having everything else ready over a month prior. That was a massive kick in the balls.
Yea I agree, not trying to be negative about it because at the end of the day it is what it is when it comes to selection, and luck & timing.

exNavyOffRec

Unfortunately that happens, you have officers who care more about a Masters, you have CPO's that care more about getting ready for retirement, sometimes you just have those that don't care.

I have seen this and my view is if you are in the job you do the job.

The part of not going to select because no one is going to get picked is as you have seen not the way to do business, I can tell you I was happy when other OR's in other NRD's did that as it gave my candidates a better shot. If NRC didn't say to stop, we kept going.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Anyone in here part of the 15OCT2023 class? If so, I hope you were informed that there was an order mod and the new date is 08OCT2023.

mcwisconsin

Anyone in here part of the 15OCT2023 class? If so, I hope you were informed that there was an order mod and the new date is 08OCT2023.
I've been hearing mixed things about this. As of a few days ago, my recruiter was telling me October 9th. That's also what most people are saying in the discord/groupme, but there are a few saying it's the 8th. All of the AD people that have their orders are saying it's October 9th though.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
I've been hearing mixed things about this. As of a few days ago, my recruiter was telling me October 9th. That's also what most people are saying in the discord/groupme, but there are a few saying it's the 8th. All of the AD people that have their orders are saying it's October 9th though.
Yeah that confused me as well. I always thought OCS started on a Sunday. The Report by was the 13th(Friday) and NLT was the 14th(Saturday). Now it’s saying Report 7th(Saturday) NLT 8th(Sunday).

tylerzurowski

Whats the discord link for the OCT 8/9 class?

TLC90

Congratulations to all the Pro Rec Ys! So exciting and motivating to read your stories.
I've been so torn throughout this entire process whether I should apply to the 3 Nov board as just SNA or SNA/SNFO. I am 30 and feel like I am running out of time, so that's why I'm leaning toward FO as a second choice... I'd rather be picked up than not at all, and run out of time. However, this board has me thinking maybe I do have a chance at SNA. Really having a hard time with this. I understand it's a personal decision but if anybody has any two cents for me I would appreciate all of the insight.
Also still confused on how GPA is determined because my degree did not count any of the transfer credits (and I have A LOT of them) - if those were included, GPA would probably be a tad bit higher. If it weren't for my GPA, I'd think I would stand a solid chance with my scores.
I was born July 1990, and had a package ready in November 2020. A bit of oopsie poopsie's happened with the recruiters (chief who had my package retired and it went into purgatory). It was luckily found and submitted for August 2021 boards and I got accepted. Ship out date was January 2022, which got pushed back to August 2022. I submitted an age waiver in December 2021 and it was immediately approved.

I'm pretty certain that if you get a Pro Rec-Y, an age waiver will be approved. I don't know if it will be approved in order to submit a package. You still have plenty of time and I would recommend applying just for SNA if it's your first board, and add in SNA/SNFO for your 2nd. Regardless, you'll love the career whether it's as an Aviator or FO.