• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

gtownjake

Welp, May board didn’t work out… lowkey was a shining example of scores and GPA not being the main focus as previously mentioned. I may just be a sore loser rn lol.

On another note, I had a NFO buddy tell me to try to retake just my OAR and keep my ASTB scores.. is this possible? Or would taking an OAR only completely nullify my overall score?

Biff42

Welp, May board didn’t work out… lowkey was a shining example of scores and GPA not being the main focus as previously mentioned. I may just be a sore loser rn lol.

On another note, I had a NFO buddy tell me to try to retake just my OAR and keep my ASTB scores.. is this possible? Or would taking an OAR only completely nullify my overall score?
What do you mean scores and GPA not being the main focus?

gtownjake

What do you mean scores and GPA not being the main focus?
I should clarify and say I may sound a lot more butthurt than I am, it’s my first try and I have plenty of time.
I just always hear that your scores and GPA are the biggest factor and then when selection time comes it all seems to go out the window. It feels like luck of the draw.

Biff42

I should clarify and say I may sound a lot more butthurt than I am, it’s my first try and I have plenty of time.
I just always hear that your scores and GPA are the biggest factor and then when selection time comes it all seems to go out the window. Like it feels like luck of the draw.
I feel ya. Iam AD, and have an age waiver (32) with average scores at best. So not holding my breath. Seems like alot most ISPP were picked up

gtownjake

I feel ya. Iam AD, and have an age waiver (32) with average scores at best. So not holding my breath. Seems like alot most ISPP were picked up
Good luck dude! It did seem ISPP heavy, which leads me to believe they picked up people who are ready to go, which is weird given the backups. I’m still finishing school which is really the only “flaw” on my package that I could see holding me back. (Outside of my scores)

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I just always hear that your scores and GPA are the biggest factor and then when selection time comes it all seems to go out the window. It feels like luck of the draw.

You may be referring to ISPP applicants who had lower scores than average. They get a leg up with the flag endorsement, essentially if everything checks out and you hit at least the minimum, with that flag endorsement you are pretty much in.

gtownjake

You may be referring to ISPP applicants who had lower scores than average. They get a leg up with the flag endorsement, essentially if everything checks out and you hit at least the minimum, with that flag endorsement you are pretty much in.
Interesting, I didn’t actually know that. Thanks!

So that just makes it even more confusing as to how they selected ?
I’d assume the degree thing for you tbh, but you have good scores. You’re gonna make it eventually, I don’t doubt one bit.

You gotta think that ISPP also has to have excellent PRT scores and have proven themselves as adaptable to military life. There’s pretty much a zero percent chance they will wash out.