• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

OverMattress

IP-PROREC Y
Aviation recruiter has to be the easiest job in the military right now haha. Zero effort put forward and quotas will always be hit
Some of our officer recruiters can easily have 100 applicants they are working with at any one time.

I always recommend, to the select few I send their way, that if a recruiter asks for something to be completed, its best to do it asap. They have too many people to keep track of and they WILL move on to someone else.

exNavyOffRec

Some of our officer recruiters can easily have 100 applicants they are working with at any one time.

I always recommend, to the select few I send their way, that if a recruiter asks for something to be completed, its best to do it asap. They have too many people to keep track of and they WILL move on to someone else.
I was one of the most prolific recruiters, not just for my NRD but in the nation and I never had 100 applicants at a time. OR's are required to work with and process applicants that meet the requirement set forth in the PA, this is something they have no choice in, they cannot just "move on" to another applicant.

BattlingTrain

SNA Pro-Rec Y

I was mostly being sarcastic, always gonna be chaos of dealing with MEPS and what not. It's like the joke of why you never see an Air Force recruiter, they don't have to recruit, recruits find them.

OverMattress

IP-PROREC Y
I was one of the most prolific recruiters, not just for my NRD but in the nation and I never had 100 applicants at a time. OR's are required to work with and process applicants that meet the requirement set forth in the PA, this is something they have no choice in, they cannot just "move on" to another applicant.
Maybe applicants is the wrong word. More like "interested people" that are still trying to gather their documents. Since the NTAG conversion, its normal to get 10-15 leads per day to our officer recruiters.

I was mostly being sarcastic, always gonna be chaos of dealing with MEPS and what not. It's like the joke of why you never see an Air Force recruiter, they don't have to recruit, recruits find them.
Yeah that makes sense. I can agree that it is convenient to be in a career path that sells itself.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Maybe applicants is the wrong word. More like "interested people" that are still trying to gather their documents. Since the NTAG conversion, its normal to get 10-15 leads per day to our officer recruiters.

Maybe a few a day?

College career fairs and presentations obviously will yield a lot more (anywhere from 25 ish to about 100 in a big career fair).

exNavyOffRec

Yeah that makes sense. I can agree that it is convenient to be in a career path that sells itself.
Leads are one thing, most never result in anything, when a person commits to gathering documents then you know there is commitment.

Biff42

For my AD applicants, does your JST have to reflect your degree?
I will be finishing up my last courses this Sunday and will have to submit NLT June 3rd due to age waiver. Just not sure if my JST will reflect my degree...

exNavyOffRec

I will be finishing up my last courses this Sunday and will have to submit NLT June 3rd due to age waiver. Just not sure if my JST will reflect my degree...
Just make sure your transcripts reflect you have been awarded the degree and you should be fine.

It doesn’t need to reflect it but I highly doubt your final transcript will be ready by then. Mine took 6 weeks just to finalize and then shipping for another week. There’s a reason people don’t get handed diplomas at graduation, just an empty tube.

Biff42

It doesn’t need to reflect it but I highly doubt your final transcript will be ready by then. Mine took 6 weeks just to finalize and then shipping for another week. There’s a reason people don’t get handed diplomas at graduation, just an empty tube.
I've been working with my school, and the advisor said as soon as my teachers input my final 2 grades they're going to rush to confer my degree. So hopefully it works out ??

I've been working with my school, and the advisor said as soon as my teachers input my final 2 grades they're going to rush to confer my degree. So hopefully it works out ??
Oh hell yeah, that’s good on them. I meant to follow up but lost service all morning. Since that is a soft date because of your waiver, if they don’t rush it out Paul may be willing to work with you to review the packages sans final transcript if it’s back before the hard date. Can’t say for sure but he seems like a good, albeit busy, guy.

Andrew_franny

Hey fellas, hoping someone could help me out. Would the Navy be able to see that I went to a doctor to get my back checked out? Would it need to be disclosed prior to the board convening?

Last edited: