• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

I agree with this. I do think a high gpa in anything is better than a medicore gpa in stem. Going for a masters and keeping a high gpa would show improvement overtime. I'm not sure about cumulative gpa. I want to say avaiation looks at your undergrad gpa only. I know the PA for intel specifically adresses a calculated cumulative gpa. My situation was this. 3 different transcipts from colleges my last being my undergrad degree confirmed. I would have needed a waiver to apply for intel, but I didnt need one for aviation. I had a 3.2, 2.7 and graduated with a 3.70. So any improvement over time is beneficial especially if you had lackluster grades in the past.
The GPA calculation sheet is used for all designators and all degrees and GPA's are utilized.

Aviation does not list or officially have a "minimum GPA" and due to that a waiver for a low GPA would not be needed, in the past they have listed a minimum GPA of 2.5-2.8 depending on the PA, they still do frown on those with low GPA's but since the ASTB is the most important thing it gives the board some flexibility.

pcola478

The GPA calculation sheet is used for all designators and all degrees and GPA's are utilized.

Aviation does not list or officially have a "minimum GPA" and due to that a waiver for a low GPA would not be needed, in the past they have listed a minimum GPA of 2.5-2.8 depending on the PA, they still do frown on those with low GPA's but since the ASTB is the most important thing it gives the board some flexibility.
This is good to hear. Thank you for the help!

Hello everyone, I am trying to move from the Air Force to the Navy. I have my Community College of the Air Force degree, there are no grades for my classes on that degree, but the classes are used for credits on my BS degree. How would the Navy calculate those courses? Are they just not used for my cumulative GPA, or are they given an auto grade like a B or A?

Storm27324

ProRec Y - SNA
Hello everyone, I am trying to move from the Air Force to the Navy. I have my Community College of the Air Force degree, there are no grades for my classes on that degree, but the classes are used for credits on my BS degree. How would the Navy calculate those courses? Are they just not used for my cumulative GPA, or are they given an auto grade like a B or A?
My university didn't calculate transfer credits. My cumulative was only based on courses taken at the university.

You cumulative for that degree is what the navy will use.

Storm27324

ProRec Y - SNA
Confused because @exNavyOffRec stated a GPA calculation sheet is used? Which would include all credits not just from one degree?
You must include transcripts from all university's that you attended. But the GPA they used for me was my final cumulative from my Bachelors, I went to 3 different colleges plus my transfer credits from my JST. (I am also AD so could be different)

pcola478

You must include transcripts from all university's that you attended. But the GPA they used for me was my final cumulative from my Bachelors, I went to 3 different colleges plus my transfer credits from my JST. (I am also AD so could be different)
Hmm. That sucks. Mine would be less awful if all credits were included. Wonder if my 57 7/7/8 will be good enough to offset a low GPA for either SNA or SNFO. I’m 30 so my undergrad was a while ago.

So my GPA from my conferred degree is a 3.82, but my overall GPA is 3.52. Are you telling me they will use my 3.82 and not the 3.52 from all my colleges?

Storm27324

ProRec Y - SNA
So my GPA from my conferred degree is a 3.82, but my overall GPA is 3.52. Are you telling me they will use my 3.82 and not the 3.52 from all my colleges?
I can only tell you what happened with me. Either one of those GPAs are competitive.

My GPA was 3.37, ASTB was 48, 6/7/6

For aviation, they are less concerned about GPA. Rule of thumb that I was told was keep GPA above 3.2. And that was for all officer programs (even Nuke for AD) on a competitive scale 3.2 may be low for some but for aviation should be fine. Seen people picked up with a 2.75, my Skipper (captain and NFO) 2.85.

Storm27324

ProRec Y - SNA
Active Duty, all I needed was my conferred GPA and to supply all transcripts. I didn't do any GPA sheet or anything of the sort. Can't speak towards the civilian side.

Active Duty, all I needed was my conferred GPA and to supply all transcripts. I didn't do any GPA sheet or anything of the sort. Can't speak towards the civilian side.
So im active duty right now, but in the Air Force. I wonder if it is the same accross all active duty. Thank you all! Ill be giving my recruiter some homework today with these questions.

Question: how long between when you were told PROREC-Y and when you were told your OCS class? I see some folks have OCS classes way later in the year, but between finding out that you were selected and when the paperwork came in saying "you're leaving on X/Y/Z"...? Just to have an idea for those who got selected on the latest boards.

And if you can, how much lead time between your letter and your OCS reporting date...

Storm27324

ProRec Y - SNA
Question: how long between when you were told PROREC-Y and when you were told your OCS class? I see some folks have OCS classes way later in the year, but between finding out that you were selected and when the paperwork came in saying "you're leaving on X/Y/Z"...? Just to have an idea for those who got selected on the latest boards.

And if you can, how much lead time between your letter and your OCS reporting date...
Got my prorecY on 12 June, final letter with OCS date July 20. My OCS class date is 24 Sep, ~8wk lead time. Others were quicker some were longer some still waiting.

Largely depends on if your AD or civilian and when you're scheduled to class up. Also depends on certain key personel at NRC taking leave or not ? as we discovered this board lol