• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Storm27324

ProRec Y - SNA
You most likely won’t get paid until after travel. Use GTC and either get pay for mileage once checked in to OCS or Pensacola once you can file the travel claim
You can only pick advance or GTCC not both. With the long wait for the travel claim and with all the drama surrounding the GTCC, I picked advance with mileage. To each their own.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
You can only pick advance or GTCC not both. With the long wait for the travel claim and with all the drama surrounding the GTCC, I picked advance with mileage. To each their own.
So wait, they pay you in advance? I guess I’ll have to ask about that tomorrow because I didn’t hear anything about that

OverMattress

IP-PROREC Y
So wait, they pay you in advance? I guess I’ll have to ask about that tomorrow because I didn’t hear anything about that
I do recall a transition last year where they encouraged people to just use the card. Otherwise, if you requested the advanced travel pay, it would only be a percentage up front and you may not receive it in time. This is because they can only process the payment up to ten days before transfer.

Storm27324

ProRec Y - SNA
I do recall a transition last year where they encouraged people to just use the card. Otherwise, if you requested the advanced travel pay, it would only be a percentage up front and you may not receive it in time. This is because they can only process the payment up to ten days before transfer.
You submit the advance 30 days before but you can't use your GTCC. If you do you are liable. Yes the advance is only a portion, the rest you'll recieve when you submit your travel claim. Some people don't like the advance because the travel claim would he "smaller" lump sum only because they got an advance. Not the smartest bunch. It's better if.you don't want to use credit (i.e. GTCC) and you don't want to eat up a lot of your own money ahead of time.
You ever PCS before this???

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
You submit the advance 30 days before but you can't use your GTCC. If you do you are liable. Yes the advance is only a portion, the rest you'll recieve when you submit your travel claim. Some people don't like the advance because the travel claim would he "smaller" lump sum only because they got an advance. Not the smartest bunch. It's better if.you don't want to use credit (i.e. GTCC) and you don't want to eat up a lot of your own money ahead of time.

You ever PCS before this???
Yes. From Eglin to Lemoore. I forgot about the initial money upfront. It was like 300 and then I got like 1800 once I got to my command.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
yes @ScottL they won’t do anything with a FINSEL. I’ll shoot the detailers an email and see what happens.
They might even just be able to give you ammunition to help put your command at ease about letting you start the checkout process before you have hard copy orders. Seems like more of an admin to detailer problem that you're stuck in the middle of.

KHam

SNFO Pro Rec- Y
Ok What’s the secret to getting your FINSEL/OCS date??? I’m losing my mind over here. I called Celestin today for a status update and he said “have you gotten an email from me?” And when I said no he replied with “well there’s your status update”. My jaw dropped lmao.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Ok What’s the secret to getting your FINSEL/OCS date??? I’m losing my mind over here. I called Celestin today for a status update and he said “have you gotten an email from me?” And when I said no he replied with “well there’s your status update”. My jaw dropped lmao.
I think he’s getting a lot of calls about it and he only has so much information. I gave him a second call and got those vibes but then I received my letter the following day.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
It sounds like you rolled low on your persuasion check and if you don't chill you'll be rolling initiative.

Jacksa71

I’m dead. Got my orders, Nov 5th.