• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Jacksa71

Just received November 26th, I was trying to get November 5th however, it’s full for aviation. Will maybe convince my command for Oct if there is space.

pcola478

Have seen a few people mentioning taking a few community college/distance courses to improve GPA. With that, do we know exactly how the boards determine your GPA?
My undergraduate degree only reports the gpa based on THEIR courses I took. Even all of the transfer credits that were accepted, they didn’t factor in when calculating final GPA. If all those summer classes and from freshman year at a different university counted, my GPA would be much higher.

Also, took the ASTB today on last minute notice and scored 57 7/7/8. Although I was studying aiming for 8-9s, I’m pretty pleased because most of the questions were very different from the practice problems I had been doing. Also running on 3 hours of sleep - thanks work

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Have seen a few people mentioning taking a few community college/distance courses to improve GPA. With that, do we know exactly how the boards determine your GPA?
My undergraduate degree only reports the gpa based on THEIR courses I took. Even all of the transfer credits that were accepted, they didn’t factor in when calculating final GPA. If all those summer classes and from freshman year at a different university counted, my GPA would be much higher.

Also, took the ASTB today on last minute notice and scored 57 7/7/8. Although I was studying aiming for 8-9s, I’m pretty pleased because most of the questions were very different from the practice problems I had been doing. Also running on 3 hours of sleep - thanks work
Hey,

A few thoughts: you're supposed to include transcripts from all schools you attended. The idea is to demonstrate you can perform well in an academic environment, which might not look the same from candidate to candidate. My underwater basket weaving degree GPA might not hold as much weight as someone else's engineering degree.

I think people who put their info on the page here use the GPA from their undergrad/grad degree transcript.

As for your ASVAB, those are plenty fine scores. If you think you can do better and if you haven't used your 3 attempts, go for it, but if you're still a strong candidate otherwise, don't let it be the thing that dissuades you from applying.

There's a thread on the site about what NRC considers competitive and you can look at what other people who have applied to current and historical boards have volunteered about themselves.

exNavyOffRec

if someone was to get injured… let’s just say a broken finger, could you still go to OCS?
no, you have to have no injuries or illnesses. When it comes to broken bones there is a set time after the break before you can be cleared to go to OCS, in most cases it is 6 months, however fingers and toes could be less.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
no, you have to have no injuries or illnesses. When it comes to broken bones there is a set time after the break before you can be cleared to go to OCS, in most cases it is 6 months, however fingers and toes could be less.
Cleared? I know a friend and the doc said that they would still be good to go. Is there records or something that is looked at before they ship to OCS?