• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

Cleared? I know a friend and the doc said that they would still be good to go. Is there records or something that is looked at before they ship to OCS?
Any injuries prior to OCS you are supposed to notify NRC, the doctors for NRC have to clear you for OCS, that is why when a person gets a physical from their command the medical documents are sent to NRC, since what might be fine for the fleet may not be fine for OCS.

I have seen civilians who went to OCS and boot camp who had suffered injuries that were not disclosed as they thought it was minor, there were sent home as they were deemed NPQ for OCS at the time.

Your issue may be fine, with them going "just send a letter from the doc after 6 weeks" or they may decide to delay you, it really depends on the doctor that reviews the documents.

Either way it is better to alert them and be safe then have it blow up at OCS especially have seen how things can blow up.

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Lol. Just a small fracture in the pinky. Not Limdu or anything, 6 week healing process. Ocs in 2.5 months. Should be good right?
I would advise communication and honesty. Like you said, you should heal before it starts but at the end of the day the integrity bit might be worth more than the convenience.

pcola478

Hey,

A few thoughts: you're supposed to include transcripts from all schools you attended. The idea is to demonstrate you can perform well in an academic environment, which might not look the same from candidate to candidate. My underwater basket weaving degree GPA might not hold as much weight as someone else's engineering degree.

I think people who put their info on the page here use the GPA from their undergrad/grad degree transcript.

As for your ASVAB, those are plenty fine scores. If you think you can do better and if you haven't used your 3 attempts, go for it, but if you're still a strong candidate otherwise, don't let it be the thing that dissuades you from applying.

There's a thread on the site about what NRC considers competitive and you can look at what other people who have applied to current and historical boards have volunteered about themselves.
Good morning, thanks for the input! I had seen a few posts on here regarding a GPA calculating sheet so wasn't sure if it was a manual process that spits out one, overall GPA.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Lol. Just a small fracture in the pinky. Not Limdu or anything, 6 week healing process. Ocs in 2.5 months. Should be good right?

Throw some ice on it you’ll be fine haha did that like 10 times during my football days. Both my pinky’s don’t bend straight but never went to the doc for it and they don’t hurt and work just fine hahaha

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Throw some ice on it you’ll be fine haha did that like 10 times during my football days. Both my pinky’s don’t bend straight but never went to the doc for it and they don’t hurt and work just fine hahaha
That’s what I’m talking about. It’s alright just didn’t know if there was something that they could see to put a hold on you

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
That’s what I’m talking about. It’s alright just didn’t know if there was something that they could see to put a hold on you

My Dad was a hardass growing up anytime he broke his fingers playing basketball he’d make himself open his beers with his broken finger. My personally I wouldn’t do that but if you want to strengthen it maybe give it a shot!

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
My Dad was a hardass growing up anytime he broke his fingers playing basketball he’d make himself open his beers with his broken finger. My personally I wouldn’t do that but if you want to strengthen it maybe give it a shot!
And now he has no feeling in his fingers lol

Carolina Cruizer

Prorec Y-SNFO
Hey,

A few thoughts: you're supposed to include transcripts from all schools you attended. The idea is to demonstrate you can perform well in an academic environment, which might not look the same from candidate to candidate. My underwater basket weaving degree GPA might not hold as much weight as someone else's engineering degree.

I think people who put their info on the page here use the GPA from their undergrad/grad degree transcript.

As for your ASVAB, those are plenty fine scores. If you think you can do better and if you haven't used your 3 attempts, go for it, but if you're still a strong candidate otherwise, don't let it be the thing that dissuades you from applying.

There's a thread on the site about what NRC considers competitive and you can look at what other people who have applied to current and historical boards have volunteered about themselves.
I agree with this. I do think a high gpa in anything is better than a medicore gpa in stem. Going for a masters and keeping a high gpa would show improvement overtime. I'm not sure about cumulative gpa. I want to say avaiation looks at your undergrad gpa only. I know the PA for intel specifically adresses a calculated cumulative gpa. My situation was this. 3 different transcipts from colleges my last being my undergrad degree confirmed. I would have needed a waiver to apply for intel, but I didnt need one for aviation. I had a 3.2, 2.7 and graduated with a 3.70. So any improvement over time is beneficial especially if you had lackluster grades in the past.

exNavyOffRec

I agree with this. I do think a high gpa in anything is better than a medicore gpa in stem. Going for a masters and keeping a high gpa would show improvement overtime. I'm not sure about cumulative gpa. I want to say avaiation looks at your undergrad gpa only. I know the PA for intel specifically adresses a calculated cumulative gpa. My situation was this. 3 different transcipts from colleges my last being my undergrad degree confirmed. I would have needed a waiver to apply for intel, but I didnt need one for aviation. I had a 3.2, 2.7 and graduated with a 3.70. So any improvement over time is beneficial especially if you had lackluster grades in the past.
The GPA calculation sheet is used for all designators and all degrees and GPA's are utilized.

Aviation does not list or officially have a "minimum GPA" and due to that a waiver for a low GPA would not be needed, in the past they have listed a minimum GPA of 2.5-2.8 depending on the PA, they still do frown on those with low GPA's but since the ASTB is the most important thing it gives the board some flexibility.

pcola478

The GPA calculation sheet is used for all designators and all degrees and GPA's are utilized.

Aviation does not list or officially have a "minimum GPA" and due to that a waiver for a low GPA would not be needed, in the past they have listed a minimum GPA of 2.5-2.8 depending on the PA, they still do frown on those with low GPA's but since the ASTB is the most important thing it gives the board some flexibility.
This is good to hear. Thank you for the help!

Hello everyone, I am trying to move from the Air Force to the Navy. I have my Community College of the Air Force degree, there are no grades for my classes on that degree, but the classes are used for credits on my BS degree. How would the Navy calculate those courses? Are they just not used for my cumulative GPA, or are they given an auto grade like a B or A?

Storm27324

ProRec Y - SNA
Hello everyone, I am trying to move from the Air Force to the Navy. I have my Community College of the Air Force degree, there are no grades for my classes on that degree, but the classes are used for credits on my BS degree. How would the Navy calculate those courses? Are they just not used for my cumulative GPA, or are they given an auto grade like a B or A?
My university didn't calculate transfer credits. My cumulative was only based on courses taken at the university.

You cumulative for that degree is what the navy will use.