• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

space_sailor

I’m dead. Got my orders, Nov 5th.
Some free gouge you should know beforehand- based on my going through OCS late 2022:

Keep in mind that you won’t get leave for Thanksgiving - at least no one when I was there was offered or asked for leave.

And going on leave for Christmas (you get Christmas or New Year’s but not both) and coming back to OCS can be demoralizing. Which is not to stay to not take leave. Take leave, spend time with friends and family, tell them all your stories, but bear in mind that you’re not quite done yet.
**Definitely DONT not return to Newport, even if you plan to DOR, go back to Newport and DOR so you can get separated the right way.**

KHam

SNFO Pro Rec- Y
I think he’s getting a lot of calls about it and he only has so much information. I gave him a second call and got those vibes but then I received my letter the following day.
Celestin played with my emotions just to email me with my FINSEL letter a few hours later lol. I’m leaving September 3rd

Jacksa71

Some free gouge you should know beforehand- based on my going through OCS late 2022:

Keep in mind that you won’t get leave for Thanksgiving - at least no one when I was there was offered or asked for leave.

And going on leave for Christmas (you get Christmas or New Year’s but not both) and coming back to OCS can be demoralizing. Which is not to stay to not take leave. Take leave, spend time with friends and family, tell them all your stories, but bear in mind that you’re not quite done yet.
**Definitely DONT not return to Newport, even if you plan to DOR, go back to Newport and DOR so you can get separated the right way.**
I’m AD, I went to boot camp in December. I’m not worry about that kinda stuff, however, it is good to know that I can and will be taking leave if possible

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
This is probably a dumb question but do you have your phone during OCS? Or do you turn it in and get it back at some point. I remember asking but don’t remember

Civilian SNA applicant here. Was just told my OCS date is September 22.
Come join the GroupMe/Facebook group for our OCS class. The class should “Start” on 09/24 but you have to arrive to NAS Newport on 09/23. Here’s the link to the thread!

By the way, I called the flight school student manager yesterday to get some info for HHG stuff. NFO does not have a wait for NIFE anymore and he said to expect to class up as soon as prereqs are done. SNA has a 7 month wait that is decreasingly pretty quickly. I know one guy who was stashed here for a year and got recalled after only 6 months so it looks like the bottleneck is better at least as far as NIFE pool is concerned.

Mouselovr

Contributor
By the way, I called the flight school student manager yesterday to get some info for HHG stuff. NFO does not have a wait for NIFE anymore and he said to expect to class up as soon as prereqs are done. SNA has a 7 month wait that is decreasingly pretty quickly. I know one guy who was stashed here for a year and got recalled after only 6 months so it looks like the bottleneck is better at least as far as NIFE pool is concerned.
Pre reqs take about a month, give or take.