• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
essentially yes, some can go to civilian doctors

Ok, thank you. I just emailed my OR. I hope we can get this taken care of before packages are due on November 5th. I was told that my package has been submitted so I don't understand why this wasn't brought to my attention. If I miss the deadline to submit for the December board and have to wait for the March board, I'm going to be livid. Is there an instruction I can point to regarding this? I hate going to people with, "well I read on the internet . . ."?

Rickblaine22

I think sometimes "shipmate" is used as a euphemism for "s**tbag." Not always, but I do know some who use it that way.

...and in that spirit, I refer to BUPERS as my shipmate. Nothing this morning as of 0715 EST.

usmctonavy

I think sometimes "shipmate" is used as a euphemism for "s**tbag." Not always, but I do know some who use it that way.

...and in that spirit, I refer to BUPERS as my shipmate. Nothing this morning as of 0715 EST.

In the Marines they used to refer to us as "Devil or Devil Dog" until after MCT when they just started saying "Hey...Marine"; depending on the context and how much knife hand was involved, determined if your were being call a sh**bag or someone just didn't know your name and needed to get your attention.

navyhaz

How's BOL looking this morning? I'm on my "celebrate if selected and relax if not" leave since I thought results would be out by now.

Par for the course....

bad_luck_brian1.jpg

kj0b

It think it is "14-116," or at least that's what my FY-15 Board Schedule says.

That's what I thought as well. I called the NPC call center this morning just to feel productive and not helpless, and the woman I spoke with said they only have board numbers with 3 numbers and 195 was the closest to Intel that met in September.

I also have zero previous experience/interaction with NPC so I totally could have been asking the wrong questions to the wrong person.

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
I need some input. After my exchange on here yesterday with @NavyOffRec, I emailed my OR yesterday to find out if I needed the N3M PQ letter. My OR got back to me this morning and told me that I do need it. I believe the deadline for the December board applications is November 5th. I don't know how long it takes to schedule an appointment with MEPS, go to MEPS and get processed, get the letter I need, and then have it sent in with my application. Does anyone know how long any of these parts of the process take (or the whole thing)? I'm starting to worry that I won't get it in in time for the December board and then I'll have to wait until the March board. Thanks.

kj0b

I need some input. After my exchange on here yesterday with @NavyOffRec, I emailed my OR yesterday to find out if I needed the N3M PQ letter. My OR got back to me this morning and told me that I do need it. I believe the deadline for the December board applications is November 5th. I don't know how long it takes to schedule an appointment with MEPS, go to MEPS and get processed, get the letter I need, and then have it sent in with my application. Does anyone know how long any of these parts of the process take (or the whole thing)? I'm starting to worry that I won't get it in in time for the December board and then I'll have to wait until the March board. Thanks.

From my experience, if you get your OR to schedule you at MEPS ASAP, you might be able to get scheduled and get the letter before the deadline.

MEPS takes a half to full day. At the end of the day they give you a note right there saying you are eligible for service. I'm not sure if this is the N3M PQ letter in question though. IF there are no outstanding health issues, I think they can turn the letter around quickly.