• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

usmctonavy

Got a tangential question in regards to Pro-Rec; If you get Pro-Rec Y, is Final Select a sure thing, pending your MEPS outcome? Is MEPS the ONLY factor for getting the Final Select or is there something else? Thanks.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
Got a tangential question in regards to Pro-Rec; If you get Pro-Rec Y, is Final Select a sure thing, pending your MEPS outcome? Is MEPS the ONLY factor for getting the Final Select or is there something else? Thanks.
You threw me with tangential...
To answer your question, a final select will be released when N3M has given you a PQ letter, investigation has been opened, quotas have been verified with space reserved for you at OCS. Then you will get back a final select letter.

usmctonavy

So the whole quotas verified and space reserved are just checks in the box administratively for the Navy, and obviously getting PQ is on me? I remember enlisting was so much easier, and faster than all of this, those guys couldn't wait to ship my ass off to PI.

fmrarmy1

So the whole quotas verified and space reserved are just checks in the box administratively for the Navy, and obviously getting PQ is on me? I remember enlisting was so much easier, and faster than all of this, those guys couldn't wait to ship my ass off to PI.
I was required to go to MEPS and get the clearance from N3M prior to submitting my packet. Do you still have to do the MEPS and medical clearance?

kj0b

it isn't to "determine" it is to pick, and starting in Feb/Mar the boards will say to pick FYXX/FYXX to denote they will be finishing off that FY and starting to pick for the next one, those board dates are all place-holders and whether they are needed or not depends on many things.

Sir, what is the longest you or one of your recruits has had to wait for results to come out?

usmctonavy

I was required to go to MEPS and get the clearance from N3M prior to submitting my packet. Do you still have to do the MEPS and medical clearance?
Yeah, but I was told I would be doing MEPS/Med after a ProRec, I have read on here that has since changed on the upcoming round of boards. I was just trying to figure out, besides Medical, what other pitfalls may be waiting. I had been under the impression that after the medical hurdle, everything is pretty much good to go.

usmctonavy

I'm from Dallas. I'm going there for a couple concerts, to watch the Redskins get spanked on Monday Night Football, eat some good Mexican food, and party with my friends and family.
Eagles will make up for the Dallas win against the Skins on Thanksgiving

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
Yeah, but I was told I would be doing MEPS/Med after a ProRec, I have read on here that has since changed on the upcoming round of boards. I was just trying to figure out, besides Medical, what other pitfalls may be waiting. I had been under the impression that after the medical hurdle, everything is pretty much good to go.
It depends on what your NRD or current NRC policy is for requirements to submit your application. I've said before what is required for the final select letter.

exNavyOffRec

To receive a final select letter, yes. To submit your application, no.

RUFIO put out on a post NRC changed the policy all applicants now have to have MEPS done prior to submission, this group is the last one to not have to do MEPS, and I believe it was he or DIVO said the investigation has to be complete, that open is no longer good enough for IDC.

exNavyOffRec

for the most part if you get a pro Y you will eventually go to OCS, some of the recent IDC boards have had up to a 9 month wait, I have seen some IDC wait 2 years.