• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your chances are....(penalty box for those who can't help asking about their chances)

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
I would be honest though, they will find out one way or another. It will be a lot easier for you to tell them up front than for them to bring it to your attention later on. Good luck.

lucky1899

I had a DUI charge that needed a waiver AND a disorderly conduct that needed a waiver. Neither was a problem at all. I wouldnt worry one bit.

Lonestar155

is good to go
Would this kill my chances?

Ok sometimes I even become a little annoyed when I hear stuff like "what are my chances at being selected..." You get the Idea. Well anyways I am a little discouraged at my very own chances as being selected an oppurtunity for OCS. Now i am begging the question. What are my very own chances? Ironic yes! Well throughout my first few semesters at a Junior College I screwed up. No shot at OCS let alone a pilot slot. I was at a 2.3 GPA. I got serious, cut back on work and worked at a 4.0. I recieved 4.0's for the last 2 years of college. Now when it comes down to decision making how would the board compare me to someone who had a high GPA. Would this prove my work ethic? Would it hurt compared to someone that maintained a solid GPA? Please give me any information. Thanks fellas

BlkPny

pilot
You have a 50/50 chance of acceptance. You either get accepted or you don't. That's 50/50.
If you agonize over it, however, and choose not to apply, your chances for acceptance drop markedly.
Read some of the various posts here an AW. Based on grammar, spelling, and syntax alone, it will become obvious that most of us were not 4.0 students.
Apply and give it your best shot. Then do what I did; pray for an administrative error.

89-LX

I read, keep in mind that I said read, that they look at trends, final GPA and total GPA from all colleges and schools. For example, I had a very rough 1st semester at my community college (1.7GPA. Didnt attend 1 class due to major disagreement with the teacher), but I should pass this semester with a 3.7 or higher GPA. Once transferring to the university in the fall of this year, I plan on maintaining a 3.6-3.7 GPA through my entire final 3 years. If I get higher, then I am happy. If I get lower, I will try to figure out a way to improve on it.

But I agree with BlkPny, just apply with the mentality that you will be accepted and you will be a pilot. Also, what is your final GPA? I really do not think that 1 or two bad semesters will really hurt you. Sometimes you just have a bad semester and you cannot help it (stress, job, money, death in the family, anything).

Wankertank

Free Hat!
Your GPA is just one "part" of your package. You can make up for a less than stellar GPA with better ASTB scores, good LOR's, community service..etc.

Also if you want, explain your GPA in your motivational statement and tell them how committed you are now and over the past two years to being an officer in the USN.

And seriously don't be afraid to get rejected by the board. The worst thing they can say is no, and if you keep improving your application and re-applying then your chances can only go up.

Good luck!

Vanguard

RockyMtnNFO said:
Only the board knows and they are not telling.

Apply and find out.

Haha, ladies and gentlemen, a true recruiter quote!

Seriously though, like someone else said, ime they seem to like trends. Either that or completely randomly selecting everyone. One of the two I'm sure.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
What are my chances for selection?

I'm sure hundreds of these threads get posted all the time, but I'm really pretty curious as to what my chances are for being selected into Intel or IW after college, or OCS in general I suppose.

My CV is right here:
www.cse.msu.edu/~bailliet/CV.pdf

I guess the only other thing I can provide that isn't on my cv is the fact that my GPA is about a 3.7, teetering on a 3.8.

Any suggestions are welcome.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Looks good, but before someone else says it, you have a 100% better chance of acceptance if you apply than if you don't. Your stats look good. Plenty of experience and stuff to brag about on your app. Get some good LORs, and a good ASTB and you're set! Ask specific questions as they come (after a good search of available threads). Good luck!

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
but before someone else says it, you have a 100% better chance of acceptance if you apply than if you don't

Don't worry: nobody who is any good at math would say that.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Also, I didn't include it in my original post which is probably a HUGE oversight. Because this piece of information actually probably is THE most important bit: my dad's a 23-year Navy Chief and is retiring in a year. Between his experience and the people he knows (I'm sure I can get from pretty god LORs he worked under a LOT of 1-stars, 2-stars, full birds, etc) would that significantly up my chances or what? :)

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Also, I didn't include it in my original post which is probably a HUGE oversight. Because this piece of information actually probably is THE most important bit: my dad's a 23-year Navy Chief and is retiring in a year. Between his experience and the people he knows (I'm sure I can get from pretty god LORs he worked under a LOT of 1-stars, 2-stars, full birds, etc) would that significantly up my chances or what? :)

Do those people know YOU? That is the real question.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I'm sure hundreds of these threads get posted all the time, but I'm really pretty curious as to what my chances are for being selected into Intel or IW after college, or OCS in general I suppose.

My CV is right here:
www.cse.msu.edu/~bailliet/CV.pdf

I guess the only other thing I can provide that isn't on my cv is the fact that my GPA is about a 3.7, teetering on a 3.8.

Any suggestions are welcome.
I think it is foolish if you keep that resume posted on the internet.