• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wife of Navy Pilot in Advanced

MasterBates

Yeah, I totally realized that I put wings on there. My hubby will kill me if he sees them. LOL! I feel like I earned them too. ;)
No, I couldn't find an avatar of a Cod. So, what is next best???? WINGS

Time for me to be an a-hole again..

You did NOT earn wings. Wife's like you drive me nuts. Do you think you are a LTJG (or whatever) as well?

Go bake a fvcking cake. :icon_smil

CodWife

Proud of my hubby!
I LOVE it....I knew I would get a rise with that one! I HAD to bait ya! ;) Sheesh, no I am NOT like that, but there must be with that response. :)

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Time for me to be an a-hole again..

You did NOT earn wings. Wife's like you drive me nuts. Do you think you are a LTJG (or whatever) as well?

Go bake a fvcking cake. :icon_smil

Whoa, whoa.... what she is saying is different than saying "I earned the wings" OR "we earned them together." She said she feels like she earned them, implicitly saying that she did not.

I have met wives, like you, who literally say things like, "We are a LT... We went through OCS... etc." This is different.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
I don't even know what I would say to "We are a LT..." That's a special kind of f'd up

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I don't even know what I would say to "We are a LT..." That's a special kind of f'd up

It's a slight paraphrase, but here is the story...

He (the real LT) had come the squadron about the time the XO became CO. At that particular CO's departing COC, the CO named a few people in his remarks, thanking them etc. By mistake, the CO called the guy LTJG.

Later that night at the new CO's COC party I overheard the JO's wife say, in an exasperated tone, "He said LTJG, when are we going to a LT?" I was just stunned.

llnick2001

pilot
Yeah that's kind of amazing but I'm not totally surprised at the same time.

llnick2001

pilot
Also (about the preggers thing), a chick can't get pregnant without a man's help (in some form) but a guy (or girl for that matter) can earn wings all by their lonesome. I'm not excusing guys that say it. They still shouldn't, but they are slightly more justified.

CodWife

Proud of my hubby!
It's a slight paraphrase, but here is the story...

He (the real LT) had come the squadron about the time the XO became CO. At that particular CO's departing COC, the CO named a few people in his remarks, thanking them etc. By mistake, the CO called the guy LTJG.

Later that night at the new CO's COC party I overheard the JO's wife say, in an exasperated tone, "He said LTJG, when are we going to a LT?" I was just stunned.

In her defense.........she was probably speaking to OTHER wives and she was probably EXCITED about the $800 pay raise, now come on! ;)