• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wife of Navy Pilot in Advanced

AliMarie767

When we were there, no one was required to live in Kville. BUT, it is a lot easier to live there when they have night fams, etc.....

Thanks CodWife!!! Yea we checked out the apartment complexes in Kingsville a few weekends ago and boy o boy it is empty :( oh well, I will find something to do hopefully find work! What did you do work wise?? Are you in Norfolk now??? What is your husband flying? How long (do you know) are you in Norfolk, it sounds like we are going to be there not this December but December of 2008. I can't wait to get there, we will be closer to family in Maryland :) Looking forward in hearing back from you!!! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I was on vacation!

AliMarie767

Bunk, you studied while at the Rag? I'm only kidding because I had Litkowski as an onwing and studied my ass off to prepare for his questions.

AliMarie- My advice to you is to start dropping the whispers in his ear of "flyyyy Codssssssss." It will be like making an investment. The dividends and quality of life will really start coming in a year with that first per diem check.
what is flyyyyy codssssss???? sorry I am still learning military slang?? haha

CodWife

Proud of my hubby!
Thanks CodWife!!! Yea we checked out the apartment complexes in Kingsville a few weekends ago and boy o boy it is empty :( oh well, I will find something to do hopefully find work! What did you do work wise?? Are you in Norfolk now??? What is your husband flying? How long (do you know) are you in Norfolk, it sounds like we are going to be there not this December but December of 2008. I can't wait to get there, we will be closer to family in Maryland :) Looking forward in hearing back from you!!! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I was on vacation!

As far as apt complexes go, stick with PPV, trust me. That would either be Hawks Landing or Hunter's Cove. They are nicer and they can keep track of who is living there. Yes, we are in Norfolk hoping to either get to Japan or AD. My hubby got Cod's (yeah!). Enjoy your time in Kingsville it is what you make of it. Go to as MANY wingings as you can! ;)

AliMarie767

As far as apt complexes go, stick with PPV, trust me. That would either be Hawks Landing or Hunter's Cove. They are nicer and they can keep track of who is living there. Yes, we are in Norfolk hoping to either get to Japan or AD. My hubby got Cod's (yeah!). Enjoy your time in Kingsville it is what you make of it. Go to as MANY wingings as you can! ;)

Congrats on your hubby getting COD's!!!! My hubby wants those too!!!! hahaha, i guess those have the better lifestyles then the others!!! You can go and see as many wingings ??? That's a great way to know what will happen when it's his turn!!!

helo_wifey

The better lifestyle is subjective...I wouldn't trade my husband flying helos for anything. It's the military, no matter what you fly parts of it are still going to suck.

AliMarie767

I wasn't trying to be subjective, the person I was speaking to understood that between C2 and E2 it was the better to fly, I was in no way, shape, or form being subjective toward any other type of of aircraft for the military!

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
The better lifestyle is subjective...I wouldn't trade my husband flying helos for anything. It's the military, no matter what you fly parts of it are still going to suck.

When it comes to COD vs. anything else it's not really subjective.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
How often are COD guys on land when deployed?

A LOT. More so on the east coast at VRC-40 due to the long transit times on the west coast. I've heard the VRC-40 gus spend less than 2 weeks total in 6 months on the boat. It's a bit more for the 30 guys.

CodWife

Proud of my hubby!
I wasn't trying to be subjective, the person I was speaking to understood that between C2 and E2 it was the better to fly, I was in no way, shape, or form being subjective toward any other type of of aircraft for the military!

I TOTALLY understand what you are saying. BUT ask ANY pilot and they will say that Cod's is THE way to go. Mainly cause you are not on the boat, per diem is NICE, you meet really awesome people, everyone LOVES seeing the Cod because it is the way to get things on and off the boat, per diem, San Diego is AWESOME! (definitely a TOP choice of ours with Japan), per diem, if you are a family person you can pretty much talk to your spouse daily (unless they are working), per diem, no night traps....LOL! The list goes on. Wait, did I say PER DIEM??? LOL! The one thing that sucks is that he will be gone 6-9 months....which everyone has to go through, but the other things weigh out.
You know, you go through SOOOOO much training and when you do finally find out what you get, you are proud. So, BE PROUD of your hubby! Now, he won't know what he gets till he is about a week out from groundschool so don't go buying any E2 or C2 stuff just yet! ;) It can and will change. They change their minds 500 times before selection.