• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wife of Navy Pilot in Advanced

AliMarie767

I'm new at this so I'm not sure if I am doing this right! The new threads and so forth's are kind of confusing, so please anyone let me know if I am doing this wrong! My husband just selected from Primary last Tuesday and we found out last Thursday he will be flying either the E2/C2. We have 3 months of more training in COrpus Christi, TX where we have been living since January and then we will be making the move to Kingsville, TX for about another 10 months. We drove down that way just to check out the area this weekend to find that the only thing that is down there is the SuperWalmart :) haha!! What we have to look forward to is that after the 10 months we will be moving to Norfolk, VA closer to both of our families in Maryland!!!

MasterBates

I'm actually in Corpus for another month.

Now the internet addicted pervert has to run. Something called a "checkride".

Was I supposed to study for that?

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
I'm new at this so I'm not sure if I am doing this right! The new threads and so forth's are kind of confusing, so please anyone let me know if I am doing this wrong! My husband just selected from Primary last Tuesday and we found out last Thursday he will be flying either the E2/C2. We have 3 months of more training in COrpus Christi, TX where we have been living since January and then we will be making the move to Kingsville, TX for about another 10 months. We drove down that way just to check out the area this weekend to find that the only thing that is down there is the SuperWalmart :) haha!! What we have to look forward to is that after the 10 months we will be moving to Norfolk, VA closer to both of our families in Maryland!!!

I lived in Corpus during my instructor tour and commuted to Kingsville. Sure, it's a 45 minute drive, but it's on cruise control and you have good cell phone coverage. It made the 2.5 years easier for the family since Corpus has a Super Walmart and a Target.

Cosmo

AliMarie767

we decided to move to kingsville so my husband could be closer to the guys in his squadron and so studying with them would be easier as well! He studies all the time, so if he commuted for flying and for studying, the gas would get out of hand. now all i have to do is TRY and find a job in my related field! Thanks

Rg9

pilot
I lived in Corpus during my instructor tour and commuted to Kingsville. Sure, it's a 45 minute drive, but it's on cruise control and you have good cell phone coverage. It made the 2.5 years easier for the family since Corpus has a Super Walmart and a Target.

Cosmo
From talking to the E-2/C-2 guys in Corpus, they're required to live in Kingsville when they transfer there. Probably just a stud thing.

MasterBates

From talking to the E-2/C-2 guys in Corpus, they're required to live in Kingsville when they transfer there. Probably just a stud thing.

It is.

For me, its easy. Hook up hitch, move to new trailer park.

That being said, south side is commutable. The island, is just too freaking painful with 0500 briefs.

MasterBates

Island adds 15+ miles and 20+ minutes over the southside.

There is no "southern route" off the island to Krock. You have to go into town, and either take Staples, Weber, or Crosstown to TX-286/FM-70 to go via Chapman Ranch, or take FM-43 to FM-665 to Driscoll

From gate to gate it is ~52 miles to NASK from NASCC.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
we decided to move to kingsville so my husband could be closer to the guys in his squadron and so studying with them would be easier as well! He studies all the time, so if he commuted for flying and for studying, the gas would get out of hand. now all i have to do is TRY and find a job in my related field! Thanks

You think he study's now Mrs AliMarie.........what until he gets to VAW-120. No ejection seat, have to know systems, etc. Hopefully he's of a better caliber than I was.......I was and still am, referred to as a rock.

CodWife

Proud of my hubby!
Ali,
My hubby is a Cod pilot and we just moved from Kingsville earlier this year! If you need any info, please feel free to ask!

PS....you can choose between to ppv apartment/townhouses there.....Hunter's Cove is the newer townhouse.

CodWife

Proud of my hubby!
When we were there, no one was required to live in Kville. BUT, it is a lot easier to live there when they have night fams, etc.....

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bunk, you studied while at the Rag? I'm only kidding because I had Litkowski as an onwing and studied my ass off to prepare for his questions.

AliMarie- My advice to you is to start dropping the whispers in his ear of "flyyyy Codssssssss." It will be like making an investment. The dividends and quality of life will really start coming in a year with that first per diem check.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Bunk, you studied while at the Rag? I'm only kidding because I had Litkowski as an onwing and studied my ass off to prepare for his questions.

As a student, sure. If one had looked upped the definition of a rock back then, would have seen a picture of me. When I went through Dwoo was an IP, Sam Reed as well and I think you know who they are :) We had a few other IP's just as bad or worse than Litkowski.