• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
So if anyone is interested in what Omega does when they service an X-33…

I’m stationed in the UK and reached out to SwatchUK to see if they’d honor the free service since I bought the X-33 as part of their military program. They said yup, no worriesand sent me a prepaid mailing box to send it back.

Just got it mailed back to my house today, they literally replaced everything except the crystal and main watch body. New bracelet and everything inside replaced, to include the movement. All the old and replaced parts were returned as well, to include the bracelet.

Did some Google-fu and surprisingly they reolace the movement at every service, I was even more surprised by the rest! In my previous services it’s just been the pushers and the back cover gasket The box they sent it back in was a nice touch too.
View attachment 33112View attachment 33113View attachment 33114View attachment 33115
Cool beans, man!

Just in time for Speedy Tuesday…which is tomorrow!

YAY!

:D

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I've had my X-33 serviced 3 times since I got it and they have never done that. It's basically been a battery change, gasket change and pressure test and polish case and bracelet. It's a basic service (battery change) vice a full service.

Even with the full service, changing out the movement is not a normal thing unless they find something wrong with it. They do all sorts of in-depth testing so it's very believable they find something wrong a lot.

I find changing the bracelet very unusual. They will always polish/refinish it but never just replace it. Did you have any cracks in the metal or really deep gouges?

Unless SwatchUK does thing differently than SwatchUSA.

Edit: I found this on the Omega watch US website:
Replacing of worn components
Each component of the movement is meticulously examined. Worn components are replaced with original OMEGA parts. For movements without a serial number, a technical upgrade to the latest movement version is performed, if applicable.

I bet the quartz movement has no serial number and I know they have an updated version since the AW watch buy. Maybe I need to send mine in for a full service but it runs beautifully and every time I've sent it in they have said it didn't need one.

I still don't understand the bracelet replacement:
Cleaning and refurbishment of the case and bracelet
The shine of the case and metal bracelet is skillfully restored while preserving the original shape of each component.

Last edited:

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I've had my X-33 serviced 3 times since I got it and they have never done that. It's basically been a battery change, gasket change and pressure test and polish case and bracelet. It's a basic service (battery change) vice a full service.

Even with the full service, changing out the movement is not a normal thing unless they find something wrong with it. They do all sorts of in-depth testing so it's very believable they find something wrong a lot.

I find changing the bracelet very unusual. They will always polish/refinish it but never just replace it. Did you have any cracks in the metal or really deep gouges?

Unless SwatchUK does thing differently than SwatchUSA.

Edit: I found this on the Omega watch US website:
Replacing of worn components
Each component of the movement is meticulously examined. Worn components are replaced with original OMEGA parts. For movements without a serial number, a technical upgrade to the latest movement version is performed, if applicable.

I bet the quartz movement has no serial number and I know they have an updated version since the AW watch buy. Maybe I need to send mine in for a full service but it runs beautifully and every time I've sent it in they have said it didn't need one.

I still don't understand the bracelet replacement:
Cleaning and refurbishment of the case and bracelet
The shine of the case and metal bracelet is skillfully restored while preserving the original shape of each component.

The bracelet is why I posted. The repair slip showed a new movement and I didn’t realize they changed that so I searched and found the same Omega website you did. It didn’t say anything about replacing the bracelet, just refurb.

The only thing I can think is the clasp on the old bracelet doesn’t engage as ‘smooth’ as the new one so that might be why. The new bracelet does have writing stamped on the inside of the clasp indicating it’s titanium and omega, the old one didn’t, so it even appears to be brand new made and not necessarily new old stock.

That, or SwatchUK just didn’t care and changed everything they could.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
The bracelet is why I posted. The repair slip showed a new movement and I didn’t realize they changed that so I searched and found the same Omega website you did. It didn’t say anything about replacing the bracelet, just refurb.

The only thing I can think is the clasp on the old bracelet doesn’t engage as ‘smooth’ as the new one so that might be why. The new bracelet does have writing stamped on the inside of the clasp indicating it’s titanium and omega, the old one didn’t, so it even appears to be brand new made and not necessarily new old stock.

That, or SwatchUK just didn’t care and changed everything they could.
Buzz Aldrin approves!

Pugs

Back from the range
None
NATO strap as I wore out the metal one so went with the official RAF one.

39sDGU7.jpg

Meyerkord

pilot
I went to an Omega event last night regarding a pretty cool future Speedmaster product that relates specifically to Navy squadrons/pilots. It's something that's been 2 years in the making. Wish I could post the pictures they showed us, but unfortunately I can't just yet. Hoping they get everything finalized and released soon because I feel like a lot of you will really enjoy it.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I went to an Omega event last night regarding a pretty cool future Speedmaster product that relates specifically to Navy squadrons/pilots. It's something that's been 2 years in the making. Wish I could post the pictures they showed us, but unfortunately I can't just yet. Hoping they get everything finalized and released soon because I feel like a lot of you will really enjoy it.
Word on the street is that Omega is going to implement the almighty HELNONMONKSPANKRON squadron logo for the Speedmaster dial…which would be ridiculously cool. If implemented, HELNONMONKSPANKRON Skipper @Griz882 probably won’t know whether to laugh or cry…

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Word on the street is that Omega is going to implement the almighty HELNONMONKSPANKRON squadron logo for the Speedmaster dial…which would be ridiculously cool. If implemented, HELNONMONKSPANKRON Skipper @Griz882 probably won’t know whether to laugh or cry…

View attachment 33569
Cool only if the minute and hour hands are shaped like rotor blades!