• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Golly gee whiz…it took a whole 26 minutes and 48 seconds to get sand kicked in my face at the gym…probably because I was wearing Levi’s 511 “stretchy pants” and Clarks Wallabees…AND probably because I was [in the process of] doing 1 set of 100,000 reps with 3 lb. dumbbells. For the record, the 26 minutes and 48 seconds was perfectly timed by my circa early 1950s U.S. issued Breitling navigation mil watch…

View attachment 32356

@mad dog in the gym

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
Golly gee whiz…it took a whole 26 minutes and 48 seconds to get sand kicked in my face at the gym…probably because I was wearing Levi’s 511 “stretchy pants” and Clarks Wallabees…AND probably because I was [in the process of] doing 1 set of 100,000 reps with 3 lb. dumbbells. For the record, the 26 minutes and 48 seconds was perfectly timed by my circa early 1950s U.S. issued Breitling navigation mil watch…

View attachment 32356
Dude, dont put up with that! Take action now!32363

Rudy.30

Congrats! I'll be curious how you decide to size your bracelet. Get some Cheapest NATO Strap orders going!

Does your bracelet have a micro adjustment?

I did buy one nato to try out before I buy more, I might wear it tomorrow to see how it feels. It does have 2 micro adjustment slots on the clasp but the links are almost half links so it shouldn’t be too hard to get a good fit. They are screw in links so I could try to size it myself but don’t want to mess it up..

Has anyone changed links with screws vs pins?

OscarMyers

None
I did buy one nato to try out before I buy more, I might wear it tomorrow to see how it feels. It does have 2 micro adjustment slots on the clasp but the links are almost half links so it shouldn’t be too hard to get a good fit. They are screw in links so I could try to size it myself but don’t want to mess it up..

I did mine. It was a bit rough because I had an Amazon special quality watch kit. Ended up putting a little heat to the links and they came right out.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot

I sized my bracelet myself - screwed links. I used a very precise jewelers screwdriver, a good work light, a Lupe, and patience. It wasn't terribly difficult..the right tool is what made it (swiss jewelers screwdriver set belonging to @mad dog )

OscarMyers

None
I sized my bracelet myself - screwed links. I used a very precise jewelers screwdriver, a good work light, a Lupe, and patience. It wasn't terribly difficult..the right tool is what made it (swiss jewelers screwdriver set belonging to @mad dog )
@mad dog what brand Swiss screw drivers was it? There’s sooo much crap out there it’s hard to find the quality ones.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Interesting note from todays Navy uniform policy update: (for you @mad dog )

o. Bracelets, Wristwatches, Smartwatches and Fitness Trackers.
Effective 60 days from the release of this message. Wristwatch wear in
uniform is expanded to include smartwatches and fitness trackers.
Only one wristwatch/smartwatch and one fitness tracker can be worn
simultaneously and each on a different wrist.
When wearing a bracelet, a
wristwatch/smartwatch or fitness tracker is not authorized on the same wrist
as the bracelet. Authorized wristwatches/smartwatches and fitness tracker
colors when wearing a Navy uniform include solid black, brown, dark green,
grey, navy blue, tan, white, copper, gold (metal), silver (metal) and
gold/silver combination (metal) only. Smartwatches and fitness trackers are
subject to applicable security regulations. Bracelets worn while in uniform
may consist of natural metals or fabricated materials (e.g., plastic, wood,
silicone or stone) and may be solid black, brown, dark green, grey, navy
blue, tan, white, copper, gold and silver only.