• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which AW personality would you most like to meet?

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
I know most of the "personalities" from my own community, except ea6bflyr. I'm sure I have me them without knowing, just haven't put 2 + 2 together.

I remember when I figured out who Brett was, and my mind exploded a little bit considering I was one of his instructors at the time.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know most of the "personalities" from my own community, except ea6bflyr. I'm sure I have me them without knowing, just haven't put 2 + 2 together.

I remember when I figured out who Brett was, and my mind exploded a little bit considering I was one of his instructors at the time.

Recce Pro Tip: I don't look anything like James Carville. :D

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^^ I've met this asshole, he didn't know it though. Wasn't the best experience I've ever had. Was about 8 years ago. Is there a thread for guys you wished you hadn't met in person?

Hey wait a second...

Oh right, you had a bad experience with me only about 6 years ago. I don't yell as much now.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Hey wait a second...

Oh right, you had a bad experience with me only about 6 years ago. I don't yell as much now.
No, that was 8 years ago already, August of 08. I met him in API, then you a few weeks later. My luck just kept getting better and better...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Think former VT-86 OPS while we were there. That's him.
I'd actually said this yesterday. Then I deleted my post, because I was two bourbons in, and thought I'd somehow parsed his sentence backwards. Don't ask; long week at work. :D

What's funnier is that they're already FB friends.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Hey wait a second...

Most of my interactions with you involved you telling me to "not be a pussy" during aero, and to "un-fuck myself" during a holding entry.

Definitely parroted that advice to several students cduring my own IP tour.

Slingblade

Huge Member
pilot
Most of my interactions with you involved you telling me to "not be a pussy" during aero, and to "un-fuck myself" during a holding entry.

Definitely parroted that advice to several students cduring my own IP tour.

It's still good advice. Lot of students need to hear it more. Sooner they realize that its not about them and how they feel, but about the customer ( the soldiers, airmen, sailors, Marines) that they are supporting the better off they will be. They have to be good at what they do because others are depending on them to be good at what they do.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
It's still good advice. Lot of students need to hear it more. Sooner they realize that its not about them and how they feel, but about the customer ( the soldiers, airmen, sailors, Marines) that they are supporting the better off they will be. They have to be good at what they do because others are depending on them to be good at what they do.
You just described every job in the military... which is a good thing.

Slingblade

Huge Member
pilot
Holding entry is the key to winning the war on terror...

Yes I can detect sarcasm. It isn't the event that's important. It is the process. Being able to think while flying, know where the aircraft is and put it where it needs to be based on procedures and constraints is a foundation that is necessary for more complex things that a young aviator will be asked to do in the future. There is a good reason we spend a good majority of undergraduate pilot training on instrument training. Explained that to many students who loved to say we never fly instruments, we are helicopters. True I never beat up the victor airways, shot multiple instrument approaches, or held at some fix, but that integrated instrument scan on a low light night over the desert kept me upright. The way I got my self into final attack headings or to the IP into a zone avoiding gun target lines and enemy threats had its foundation in the instrument phase back at flight school. I apologize for derailing this thread here.