• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which AW personality would you most like to meet?

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I flew with webmaster at VP-30 (and he did a sweet 3-engine landing into Key West, but couldn't workout a deal for us to stay there overnight...), I know Ken, Pickle, Pags, Ike and Sevenhelmet and met SchoolBubba (old member) in the Deid. I'm sure I'm missing a couple of you and sorry if I am. If any of you are in Pax, I'll buy you a drink.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Ha, after going there a couple times you being to recognize the same people...

Renegade One

None
You DC types could always use the monthly Tailhook Ready Room get-together as a rendezvous. It's not just for tail hook types any more.

jmcquate

Contributor
You DC types could always use the monthly Tailhook Ready Room get-together as a rendezvous. It's not just for tail hook types any more.
A retired SLUF driver I met out one night in Alexandria a few years ago invited me to that.

Renegade One

None
A retired SLUF driver I met out one night in Alexandria a few years ago invited me to that.
Last info I have (from the Tailhook Assn. Home Page) is that the DC Area Ready Room meets the fourth Thursday of each month at "King Street Blues" in Crystal City.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Last info I have (from the Tailhook Assn. Home Page) is that the DC Area Ready Room meets the fourth Thursday of each month at "King Street Blues" in Crystal City.
It was never quite that organized when I was there, and the location varied. It was usually all the VAQ bubbas in the Pentagon and some rando strike fighter guys.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
How many of those shirts do you have?
I own two Metallica t-shirts...a "Ride The Lightning" t-shirt (their second album, released in 1984) and a "Master Of Puppets" t-shirt (their third album, released in 1986). I have avoided getting a "Kill'em All" t-shirt (their first album, released in 1983) because it may offend some individuals due to its violent appearance. I am currently looking for a "...And Justice For All" t-shirt (their fourth album, released in 1988) EXACTLY like Fogell (McLovin) wears in the movie "Superbad" (see pic below)...but I haven't found one that looks EXACTLY like his. I would also like to get a "Metallica" aka "The Black Album" t-shirt (their fifth album, released in 1991) but I have yet to locate one of those.

image.jpeg

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've met a lot of people here, mainly during my Pensacola days, though I frequently get asked if I post here. My identity isn't too hard to figure out. And my personality might match my avatar a little bit.