• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What NRC considers competitive

Busey96

Just looking how I shape up here, talked to an officer recruiter already but they're generally hard to get a good vibe from. I graduated undergrad in 2018 with a GPA of 3.04 with a double major in public policy & administration and media arts & design, was relatively involved with extracurriculars (played water polo, was president of my social fraternity), worked full-time for a bit and then came back to school to pursue a master's in education which I will be finishing up in May of 2021, current GPA there is 3.94.

I am looking to pursue a career as an SNA, my only blemish is that I was charged with underage possession of alcohol twice earlier on in my undergrad years, but the charges were dismissed both times, so no convictions on my record. I am also working on getting back into pristine shape, I'm 6'1 and currently 215 lbs. but am swimming 2 miles a day and working on push-ups/sit-ups/running on top of that. I have some pretty good recommendations lined up as well (retired naval aviators, retired JAG captain).

The recruiter I spoke with seemed rushed to get me in in the next couple of weeks to take the ASTB, and while I have done some studying, I would like to be more prepared. He said he wanted to get me in to test so he could get me in front of a board in January and have me out to OCS by April or May, which seemed a bit off for me, as I obviously want to finish up my master's degree before I join. Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

FarSouth_CycleSAR

Just a general question, and I’m hoping that someone from this forum can give me the answer I’m looking for. So, I recently completed my package on Oct 26th and it’s at HQ pending review and signature. Just wondering how long this typically takes, because I have to get a wavier before the December 1st deadline and I can’t get one until my package has been reviewed and signed. Just worried I won’t be able to make this bored. This has been a long process to get me here because I’ve had to wait months to take the ASTB after getting rescheduled three time because of COVID and a hurricane.
HQ as in it is in the front office awaiting your CO's review and signature or HQ somewhere else and you've already submitted your package to officer applications? I routed mine up my chain of command for my CO's endorsement on October 22nd and didn't get it back until Nov, 19.

Are you applying for the 25JAN21 board? I know there were rumblings of the deadline getting moved to 01DEC20, but was official word put out regarding that?

JoeyMC

HQ as in it is in the front office awaiting your CO's review and signature or HQ somewhere else and you've already submitted your package to officer applications? I routed mine up my chain of command for my CO's endorsement on October 22nd and didn't get it back until Nov, 19. The good news that my recruiter did inform me about is that I didn’t even need a waiver.

Are you applying for the 25JAN21 board? I know there were rumblings of the deadline getting moved to 01DEC20, but was official word put out regarding that?
It’s in the office awaiting the CO's review and signature. Yes I am applying to the 25JAN21 board. I also do believe that the cutoff is on 01DEC20. I’ve had everything submitted to my recruiter 28OCT20 and it’s been in HQ pending review and signature since 02NOV20. The good news that my recruiter informed me about is that I didn’t need a waiver after all.