• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What NRC considers competitive

ed_98

So I have aspirations to become a Naval Aviator and I was wondering if I could get an honest opinion on my stats.

3.2 GPA in Architecture
OAR: 63
ASTB: 8, 9, 9
No flight hours or anything (I think the general consensus is that those don't matter?)

Applying for the May board
My concern is I am not in a technical major and my GPA isn't the best. But Im hoping my ASTB will outweigh that. Any opinions are appreciated
Congrats on those scores!

I think no one has replied to you because it's kind of obvious that you have a pretty good chance with those scores...

Ordie

Question in regards to sleep apnea: Does anyone happen to know if sleep apnea is waiverable for AD OCS applicants applying for SNA/SNFO? I've filled out the DD Form 2808 and noticed it asks about it. I have an appointment with medical a week from now and I am wondering if it is going to be an issue. Thanks!

AFidk

dumb ensign/SNA
Hello ladies and gentlemen, I am an NROTC Midshipman 2/C who just finished his first semester, and I am going abroad next semester so my current package is about how it’s going to be when it is considered by the aviation community this next semester for service assignment. I have already talked to my cadre concerning my performance but I was hoping you all had more aggregate data to consider when reviewing what level of confidence I should have going in.

GPA: 3.32 in Economics (B in calc I,II, B+ Physics 1, C Physics 2)
ASTB: 68, 8/8/7
Fitrep/Ranking: I joined as a sophomore during covid so it took me some time to really join in, I planned sea trials and was an instructor for the younger classes this last semester but I’m assuming I’m lower than I would like.

Should I maybe cancel my study abroad opportunity to try and improve my package? I think I did okay but I want to make it as easy as possible for them to select me. Additionally does NROTC help me at all versus all the OCS selects average package?

exNavyOffRec

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I am an NROTC Midshipman 2/C who just finished his first semester, and I am going abroad next semester so my current package is about how it’s going to be when it is considered by the aviation community this next semester for service assignment. I have already talked to my cadre concerning my performance but I was hoping you all had more aggregate data to consider when reviewing what level of confidence I should have going in.

GPA: 3.32 in Economics (B in calc I,II, B+ Physics 1, C Physics 2)
ASTB: 68, 8/8/7
Fitrep/Ranking: I joined as a sophomore during covid so it took me some time to really join in, I planned sea trials and was an instructor for the younger classes this last semester but I’m assuming I’m lower than I would like.

Should I maybe cancel my study abroad opportunity to try and improve my package? I think I did okay but I want to make it as easy as possible for them to select me. Additionally does NROTC help me at all versus all the OCS selects average package?
You have very good ASTB scores, but your scores and such will be compared against other NROTC students, not OCS so there isn't much guidance that can be given from most here.

Howler24

Contributor
Hi! I applied to the JAN21 SNA board and was not selected. I can't do much GPA wise. Any recommendations or insight is appreciated for improvement!

Stats:
ASTB 52 6/7/6 (2nd Attempt)
GPA 3.0 B.S.B.A., Marketing (Minor in Servant Leadership)
Flight experience: 30+ hours flying
Previous LOR: 5 total (3 O-6 and above, Dean of Students, President of my university)
Waivers: (1) Childhood asthma

Applying for May board. Low GPA, average ASTB scores, and the waiver are my concerns.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi! I applied to the JAN21 SNA board and was not selected. I can't do much GPA wise. Any recommendations or insight is appreciated for improvement!

Stats:
Previous LOR: 5 total (3 O-6 and above, Dean of Students, President of my university)

Applying for May board. Low GPA, average ASTB scores, and the waiver are my concerns.
What was your first attempt ASTB scores?

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator

Stats:

Your GPA probably wasn’t why, I would guess it was your ASTB and OAR scores.

Question in regards to sleep apnea: Does anyone happen to know if sleep apnea is waiverable for AD OCS applicants applying for SNA/SNFO? I've filled out the DD Form 2808 and noticed it asks about it. I have an appointment with medical a week from now and I am wondering if it is going to be an issue. Thanks!
Did you get an answer to that? I'm in the same boat and was told at medical if an applicant has sleep apnea that is automatically disqualifying and a waiver will not be approved. I'm trying to see if there is a way around that.

exNavyOffRec

Did you get an answer to that? I'm in the same boat and was told at medical if an applicant has sleep apnea that is automatically disqualifying and a waiver will not be approved. I'm trying to see if there is a way around that.
He hasn't been since since shortly after that post so my guess is he was given the answer we have heard given before with his condition which is it is a no go.