• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What NRC considers competitive

rsbatac1

Just submitted for Supply 01JUN2021 board and just want some honest opinions on my chances. Here are some stats:

OAR: 51
GPA: 3.58
Degree: BS Business Administration
Appraisals: O6 (10's), 05 (10's), and O4 (10's) All Supply Officers
CO Endorsement: All trait ratings Outstanding
LOR: Former CO (O6 Ret.) and professor (O6 Airforce Ret.)
Evals: EP, MP, and EP(#6 of 37)
Service: 9 years - CSS1
Awards: NAM (5th), Sailor of the Quarter (Quarter 2 2021)
MISC: PPME complete, CMEO, Suicide Prevention Coordinator

Negatives:
NJP in 2017
Open Container Case in 2010 - prior to Navy enlistment - Dismissed
GPA from college in 2009 - 2010 for 3 semesters was bad. 6 credit hours were transferred to current degree. Not sure how they will calculate.

Would appreciate honest feedback so I know exactly where I can improve to better my chances.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Just submitted for Supply 01JUN2021 board and just want some honest opinions on my chances. Here are some stats:

OAR: 51
GPA: 3.58
Degree: BS Business Administration
Appraisals: O6 (10's), 05 (10's), and O4 (10's) All Supply Officers
LOR: Former CO (O6 Ret.) and professor (O6 Airforce Ret.)
Evals: EP, MP, and EP(#6 of 37)
Service: 9 years - CSS1
Awards: NAM (5th), Sailor of the Quarter (Quarter 2 2021)
MISC: PPME complete, CMEO, Suicide Prevention Coordinator

Negatives:
NJP in 2017
Open Container Case in 2010 - prior to Navy enlistment - Dismissed
GPA from college in 2009 - 2010 for 3 semesters was bad. 6 credit hours were transferred to current degree. Not sure how they will calculate.

Would appreciate honest feedback so I know exactly where I can improve to better my chances.

All transcripts need to be submitted and what they will do is add up all of your total GPA points earned and divide that by GPA credits attempted, it doesn't matter if they did or did not transfer to your current degree.

Otherwise you look like you have a good application besides the NJP hopefully it was nothing serious and it is overlooked.

Triumph_MAC

I have a question for time in service. Some Program authorizations mention a max time in service and waivers will be granted on a case by case situation. What is the likely hood of getting into OCS with 14 years of unbroken service. No NJP’s or anything along the way. Some folks had mentioned the board may see that and say the Navy wouldn’t get it’s time out me but others say the opposite and the board will say that shows I’m committed and already know the sacrifices that come with being in the service.
Just curious on others thoughts on this, I did address it in my package submitted. I applied for aviation and supply. My TIS waiver did get approved for supply. I appreciate any insight.

Dark813Side

Contributor
Just submitted for Pilot 25JUN2021 board and the 06AUG2021 board just want some honest opinions on my chances. Here are some stats:
Active Duty LS2
Service: 6 years
OAR/ASTB: 51 4/5/4
GPA: 3.1
Degree: BA: Business Administration: Logistics
Sex: Male
Appraisals: O6 (10's) Pilot, 05 (10's) Suppo, and O4 (10's) SWO
LOR: O-4 Suppo and O-4 Intel
Evals: EP, MP, and EP
Awards: NAM (4th), Junior Sailor of the Year (2019), Blue jacket of the year (2017)
MISC: CFL, AW and EXW pins.

FarSouth_CycleSAR

RE3 Remake Brad Vickers
No one can speak for the board and how they make selections. And I’m guessing you already know what you could improve upon. Get those ASTB scores up a little bit, if you don’t get picked up. I wouldn’t worry about it until you get the results back. It’s out of your hands now.

exNavyOffRec

Just submitted for Pilot 25JUN2021 board and the 06AUG2021 board just want some honest opinions on my chances. Here are some stats:
Active Duty LS2
Service: 6 years
OAR/ASTB: 51 4/5/4
GPA: 3.1
Degree: BA: Business Administration: Logistics
Sex: Male
Appraisals: O6 (10's) Pilot, 05 (10's) Suppo, and O4 (10's) SWO
LOR: O-4 Suppo and O-4 Intel
Evals: EP, MP, and EP
Awards: NAM (4th), Junior Sailor of the Year (2019), Blue jacket of the year (2017)
MISC: CFL, AW and EXW pins.

you need to study and get ready to retake the ASTB, those scores are the min on both AQR and PFAR, it is rare for someone to get selected with min scores, the other thing is your FOFAR is not qualifying so if you get the NAMI Whammy for SNA at OCS they couldn't slide you over to SNFO

SWUSN

@jabbarjacobs36 Good Luck on your application. I'm active duty aswell, did you have to send in Anthropometric measurements with your package? If so who did them? I've been asking everywhere who takes the measurements, I even called an NAS but I cant seem to find any answers.

FarSouth_CycleSAR

RE3 Remake Brad Vickers
@jabbarjacobs36 Good Luck on your application. I'm active duty as well, did you have to send in Anthropometric measurements with your package? If so who did them? I've been asking everywhere who takes the measurements, I even called an NAS but I cant seem to find any answers.
I sent it in with mine. I believe it’s a requirement for Pilot or NFO. Where are you located?

SWUSN

FarSouth_CycleSAR

RE3 Remake Brad Vickers

Triumph_MAC

I didnt see it in the Checklist either but i did see it on the 1420.1 B. If any fleet applicants have a completed package that they are willing to share without sharing PII please let me know
I can send you a copy of mine, I applied for the May board so still waiting on my acceptance but you could still look through it.