• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is wrong with the media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
UInavy said:
gorpwarp- I'm not going to lie, you annoy me. I'll let the marines take care of you, though, since its their world that you want to join. By the way, nice harrier picture, you know they don't have wso's, right?

Don't blame her... she is from Mass..... she is at an automatic disadvantage.

gorpwarp

pro-rec'd snfo
UInavy said:
gorpwarp- I'm not going to lie, you annoy me. I'll let the marines take care of you, though, since its their world that you want to join. By the way, nice harrier picture, you know they don't have wso's, right?

I think the Harrier is a cool aircraft for technical reasons (and it's a good picture).. but I'm joining the Navy. If that upsets you.. oh well.

I'm not from MA, actually. I've lived in a lot of places, MA just happens to be where I am now. I'm just glad I'm not from Texas.. (yea yea I know you all are.. but so's my boyf - I'm used to cowboys now.)

gorpwarp

pro-rec'd snfo
Don't have a date yet. Waiting on a final-select.. (You're probably crossing your fingers for me on this one huh..)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
webmaster said:
Mention that to the crew members of the USS COLE. Tell that to the sailors manning the rail in the Washington battlegroup, a big target in a little body of water. The boarding crews in the carribbean and the med, junior officers, chiefs and sailors doing dirty risky work on a daily basis keeping us safe. The helo pilots running anti drug, clearing mines, and supporting overland in the gulf. The reservists that got recalled to man the TSCs/JOCCs/MOCCs in forward areas, the suppos/intel, seabeas that are there to make it happen. The strike guys flying their tails off into harms way, the E2 guys keeping all of us safe overhead, and yes the P3 bubbas driving a slow inviting bus to the party. I can't even go into what the sub guys, and the specops types do, but they are out there every day.

Before you make a categorical statement like that again, take a look at all the sailors lacking "bravery" and not in harms way, the current status of the Navy:

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/news/.www/status.html

John
P3 Pilot
350+ combat hours (green ink in the log book) flying the warpig

Two sailors and a Coast Guardsman were killed when the dhow they intercepted heading to an oil terminal blew itself rather then be boarded in late April.

Seven Seabee reservists were killed in early May after less than a month in Iraq.

Not "safe" jobs by any means.

gorpwarp

pro-rec'd snfo
UInavy said:
doesn't upset me at all, I'm glad to hear about anyone signing up. just be careful about knocking the merits of the service you're trying to join.

Yeah.. sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like I was knocking the merits of any service, much less the one I want to join.

Safe? I never claimed any of it was safe. I see now that I had in my earlier rant overlooked the other kinds of dangers soldiers face - accidents, ambushes, air combat - but, in defense of my statement, I just wanted to point out the mettle required by those in man-on-man ground combat is different, not necessarily superior, from that of people who are simply in a dangerous profession.

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
Don't even worry about it. You said...

gorpwarp said:
Oh, and yes, you all have huge c0cks. (There, I said it. Happy?)

I don't care if it WAS meant as sarcastic. This has now been said to me, and I can die a happy man. My new AIRWARRIORS handle shall now be...

DONKEY SCHLONG :D

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
VetteMuscle427 said:
What does everyone think about Iran? Supporting terrorism in Iraq and harboring terrorists... What solutions are there to this problem?

we have to talk it out like rational peoples. send inspectors over there, etc. and after 10 years of nothing good happening, we can LEVY EMBARGOES!!! that will solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.